YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How long should I wait before I go to bed after shooting Huminsulin-R ?

heman4u

Registered
1)I shoot huminsulin-R at 6:30 pm

2) Drink first shake at 6:55 pm (dextrose + creatine + bcaa + hydro whey)

3) Start workout at 7:15 pm

4) Drink 2nd shake (same) middle of workout at 8:10 pm

5) Complete workout at 8:30 - 8:45 pm

6) Drink 3rd shake (same) when I reach home at 9:25 pm

7) Eat a rice, chicken meal at 10:30 pm

My question is at what time can I go to bed without fear of going hypo in sleep? Can I go to bed half an hour after the 10:30 meal? Or after another meal 2 hours later?

Last edited:
You should know this well ahead of time. Humulin R peaks at 2-4 hours and can be in your system 6-10 hours.

You'll wake up before you die. Don't worry about it. :eek:

5.5 hrs after inject is what worked for me but 4 hours is cutting it close. Maybe try it in the morning on a day off and see how you feel 2 hrs after eating your "4hr meal". That is how I timed it for myself and knew that I needed more than 4 hrs

Last edited:
As long as your eating enough carbs to cover the active window you should be fine.
I would still do a test run during the day to verify if that is the case for you.

How much insulin are you using and what's the macro breakdown of each shake or meals?

If you’ve consumed 10 grams of carbs for every iu of insulin you’ll be fine. Keep glucose tabs near your bed.

If you’ve consumed 10 grams of carbs for every iu of insulin you’ll be fine. Keep glucose tabs near your bed.

Why do ppl still recommend this nonsense?

So many factors going into this that stating he “10iu per iu of insulin” is complete bs.

We have no idea about the guys insulin sensitivity, type of training, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You should know this well ahead of time. Humulin R peaks at 2-4 hours and can be in your system 6-10 hours.

Does that mean I should stay awake 10 hours post injection no matter what?

You'll wake up before you die. Don't worry about it. :eek:

LOL

5.5 hrs after inject is what worked for me but 4 hours is cutting it close. Maybe try it in the morning on a day off and see how you feel 2 hrs after eating your "4hr meal". That is how I timed it for myself and knew that I needed more than 4 hrs

Sounds good. Let me see if I can do that.

Why not just take Humalog?

Well I would ask the same question with Humalog. I know I should adjust the shake timings if using Humalog. Like, 6:30 pm Humalog + Shake 1, 7 pm start workout, 7:30 pm Shake 2, 8:15 pm end workout, 8:30 pm Shake 3, and reaching home 9:30 pm Rice Chicken Meal. Another meal with Oats and egg whites at 11:30 pm. If this is what I would do with Humalog, what time can I go to bed safely?

As long as your eating enough carbs to cover the active window you should be fine.
I would still do a test run during the day to verify if that is the case for you.

How much insulin are you using and what's the macro breakdown of each shake or meals?

8 IU Huminsulin-R. Each Shake 30 Grams Dextrose, 1 scoop BCAA, 20 Grams Hydro Whey, 5 grams Creatine. 10:30 meal is 200 grams cooked Rice, 150 grams Chicken. What do you think?

As to what time you can go to bed is something you have to figure out for yourself. Everyone's different. My timing for workout is about the same as yours, but 1 hr earlier, and I'm usually in bed by 11 am. I take 15 iu of novolin-r and my rule of thumb is I should be all clear after 4-5 hrs, but that's just me. If you still feel wonky about that time then you'll have to wait but nobody can tell you when bedtime is, in my opinion.

As to what time you can go to bed is something you have to figure out for yourself. Everyone's different. My timing for workout is about the same as yours, but 1 hr earlier, and I'm usually in bed by 11 am. I take 15 iu of novolin-r and my rule of thumb is I should be all clear after 4-5 hrs, but that's just me. If you still feel wonky about that time then you'll have to wait but nobody can tell you when bedtime is, in my opinion.

My rule of thumb has always been 6 hours just to be safe.

Impossible to answer due to individual response. Some people process slin faster than others. I do agree the 10iu per 1iu is not right though. Timing is vital. I could take 15iu regular slin and have 200g carbs within 2 hours but I guarantee I will start going hypo later on. I do think if you have a large protein and carb meal 4 hours post injection (as well as many carbs earlier) you should be fine though. That doesn't mean you will be fine though so you have to find what works for you. I would be eating 5 hours after just to be safe. As someone else stated why don't you just use humalog if you have to do late night slin. By the way make sure those carbs are slow released in that pre bed meal.

Last edited:
Well I would ask the same question with Humalog. I know I should adjust the shake timings if using Humalog. Like, 6:30 pm Humalog + Shake 1, 7 pm start workout, 7:30 pm Shake 2, 8:15 pm end workout, 8:30 pm Shake 3, and reaching home 9:30 pm Rice Chicken Meal. Another meal with Oats and egg whites at 11:30 pm. If this is what I would do with Humalog, what time can I go to bed safely?

Why has your bed time changed with this humalog protocol? If you use humalog at 6:30 you could go to bed at 10:30 with no issues at all. You could probably eat at 9:30 with a large carb meal and go to bed with no issues.

The second peak of humulin r is nowhere as strong as the initial.

OP, you seem to have enough carbs to cover 8 iu humulin r in that window. Unless your insulin sensitivity is off the charts good.

10 grams of carbs per 1 iu insulin is a pretty safe STARTING point to gauge your needs. You will have to experiment to find your sweet spot. Personally 8 grams per 1 iu humulin r is my sweet spot

Insulin can be unpredictable

I used it myself, humulin R. I would usually take my shot around 9:30 pm and be in bed by midnight. Probably not the smartest thing to do I suppose, but I never had any trouble.

On the other hand I had a friend and coworker that was a type 1 diabetic, so been that way since a child, and was about 28 years old at the time. Somehow he ended up going hypo at night. I don't know the details, but he was very experienced with insulin. He ended up passing out and pissed/crapped his pants. He woke up at like 3:30 am on the floor in the middle of his apartment. Luckily he did wake up. He had glucagon shots in the refrigerator but never had the chance to use it.

So if someone so experienced can have trouble that means just about anyone could. I would guess too that he mostly used longer acting insulin.

Why has your bed time changed with this humalog protocol? If you use humalog at 6:30 you could go to bed at 10:30 with no issues at all. You could probably eat at 9:30 with a large carb meal and go to bed with no issues.

No, My Bed time has not changed. With the Humulin too I was asking what time can I go to bed safely. I would be happy if I could go to bed before 12:30 am with any type of insulin. But with the 6-10 hours statement, I was doubtful if it was safe with humulin. 10 hours waiting means I have no time for sleep then. So, from all responses from here, I feel if I can inject at 6:30 pm only and wish to go to bed safely before 12:30 am, then my safe choice will be Humalog. The reason I was hesitant to go with Humalog at the first place was that my gym "guru" said I need to experience many cycles with Humulin-R before attempting Humalog. But, if Humulin-R does not suit to my bed time, I think I will go with Humalog.

No, My Bed time has not changed. With the Humulin too I was asking what time can I go to bed safely. I would be happy if I could go to bed before 12:30 am with any type of insulin. But with the 6-10 hours statement, I was doubtful if it was safe with humulin. 10 hours waiting means I have no time for sleep then. So, from all responses from here, I feel if I can inject at 6:30 pm only and wish to go to bed safely before 12:30 am, then my safe choice will be Humalog. The reason I was hesitant to go with Humalog at the first place was that my gym "guru" said I need to experience many cycles with Humulin-R before attempting Humalog. But, if Humulin-R does not suit to my bed time, I think I will go with Humalog.

I think most like Humalog better. I used it for a few months but went hypo on it several times. Nothing serious but it was a pain in the ass for me and much harder to manage than humulin r. That is just my experience though. I never went hypo on humulin r. For me it just seemed like the Humalog hit really hard really fast. I was using it with GH.

I think most like Humalog better. I used it for a few months but went hypo on it several times. Nothing serious but it was a pain in the ass for me and much harder to manage than humulin r. That is just my experience though. I never went hypo on humulin r. For me it just seemed like the Humalog hit really hard really fast. I was using it with GH.

I would also be using GH. Thinking to do 90 mins pre-workout GH and 30 mins pre-workout Humalog. Do you remember what dose of Humalog and GH were you using then? Pre or Post?

Yes humalog hits very hard and fast. It feels completely different to humulin-r. You don't have to worry about the 10 hour thing with r. Yes there are numerous factors that can effect how fast you process it but I think pretty much everyone would be fine if they had a protein/carb meal 5 hours post injection (as well as food/shakes beforehand). 8iu humulin-r is not that much if you drink your shakes and have that meal. 8iu humalog is a whole different thing and you have to be more careful. That's why I would recommend if you pick log to start at 4iu and move up by 1iu until you get to 8iu just to be safe.

It's important you get as much as you can from your insulin dose. Too many take slin thinking what is the least amount of nutrition/carbs I can use to not go hypo. When in reality they should be thinking the opposite and what is the most nutrients you can pack in that window without basically getting fatter. Insulin will help shuttle everything so use lot's of aminos, carbs and other aids (carnitine, creatine, citrulline malate etc) when it is active. It will improve recovery dramatically if you do that. The fact you are using it around training means the chances of fat gain are minimal as long as you train hard, use sensible amounts and intake clean calories etc.

When using slin I personally prefer having one massive shake and sipping it just before, during and just after training. It keeps a constant supply of aminos and carbs without taking in too much at one time so it reduces the chances of getting full and possibly effecting training. You can basically have as much or little as you want at any time. No way is right or wrong though but just what I prefer.

Last edited:
I would also be using GH. Thinking to do 90 mins pre-workout GH and 30 mins pre-workout Humalog. Do you remember what dose of Humalog and GH were you using then? Pre or Post?

I was doing post workout. Been about 10 yrs now so I'm cloudy about details but I think it was about 4 IU GH. Insulin I am less sure about dose but probably around 8 to 10 IU. So both post workout which was around 9:30 pm.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member