over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How low can you take fats on TRT?

blmcgee81

Registered
Newbies
When on TRT, minimum fat intake doesn’t apply since hormone production isn’t a priority with exogenous testosterone and cell wall rebuilding only needs a minimum amount of fat. So the question is how low can you go? For natty .3g per lb is the lower limit but how much for the enhanced?

I’m currently in a fat loss phase and want to keep carbs as high as possible until I can’t lower fats anymore. What is your opinion on that lower threshold?

Go as low as you want but make sure to get essential fatty acids & healthy fats ! I’ve gone to as low as 20g per day ! Not long term as it was for a pre shoot diet .
I actually live a lowfat diet but high in Essential Fatty Acids & some in the natural animal fats(meats) . If you eat some red meat , even once a week , you can maintain the low fats . I don’t feel completely strong when I go low now matter how many carbs/protein. I make sure to get whole eggs , cubed steak or 96/4 beef . Turkey & Chicken Tenderloins w White fish/shellfish is easiest to maintain. Remember your micronutrients (lots of fresh vegetables and fruits !!)

Max

Go as low as you want but make sure to get essential fatty acids & healthy fats ! I’ve gone to as low as 20g per day ! Not long term as it was for a pre shoot diet .
I actually live a lowfat diet but high in Essential Fatty Acids & some in the natural animal fats(meats) . If you eat some red meat , even once a week , you can maintain the low fats . I don’t feel completely strong when I go low now matter how many carbs/protein. I make sure to get whole eggs , cubed steak or 96/4 beef . Turkey & Chicken Tenderloins w White fish/shellfish is easiest to maintain. Remember your micronutrients (lots of fresh vegetables and fruits !!)

Max
Really appreciate the input. My protein sources come from chicken, tilapia, shrimp, or cod and for dinner normally steak of some sort. I find sometimes I add in extra fat to achieve my macros but I think I will try to lower my fats to 40ish grams a day from 65 to allow for some higher carbs, especially on leg and back days that are particularly draining.

Personally I lose fat faster when dropping carbs, when protein is high. I can get lean as can be at 100 grams of fats a day. Your body needs healthy fats for a list of reasons. At the end of the day, the calories matter for fat loss. Find out what your BMR is, add calorie expenditure such as training and cardio and go from there.

You can go "old school" dieting without issue, usually....lean proteins and carbs only. Toss in 2-4gED of triglyceride based EPA and a little red meat a couple-few times a week.
I really enjoy dieting like this as the carbs can stay so high you're food volume is huge.

Really appreciate the input. My protein sources come from chicken, tilapia, shrimp, or cod and for dinner normally steak of some sort. I find sometimes I add in extra fat to achieve my macros but I think I will try to lower my fats to 40ish grams a day from 65 to allow for some higher carbs, especially on leg and back days that are particularly draining.
Yeah, I feel you. That is why I only go that low for photoshoot or competition. It doesn’t feel the best . It’s funny, after dieting , I will go eat my cheat meal for the week and I do it on a training day, I am super strong in comparison to the prior days. I hate fast food but a great Roast w potatoes , carrots , onions , potatoes w Gravy ! Lol . I dream about that meal ! I’m definitely a proponent of the 90:10 lifestyle. You sound like you have a good diet , so maybe some intra carbs/EEA’s would help get you through those days , maybe not but, it helps me personally, even if it’s placebo , lol . Good luck
Max

I workout early morning so Ive been normally fasted in the past. Horrible but it feels good for me. Recently I added Hbc dextrin, EAA and creatine for a morning shake pre workout and the pumps have been great and better stamina especially on low calories. Typical post is more dextrin and whey or a whole food meal of cream of rice or oats and chicken.

I can get down with the roast. My former life I was a fine dining chef so I make sure to get my fresh veggies in

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131