over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How low is your Daily Carb intake?

Dvo36

Registered
Anyone following the Keto diet? I know a couple guys that have lost a tremendous amount of body fat following this combined with their training.

I know a couple of guys that dropped their caloric intake as well and lost some body fat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a much tougher time training hard on a keto diet vs a calorie-restricted 'bro'-diet

I follow a lower carb diet , even when growing I only get 150-200g a day.

When I diet down I’ll do zero carbs for a while , it’s not really keno because the fat to protein ratio is way different

When I diet down I’ll do zero carbs for a while , it’s not really keno because the fat to protein ratio is way different

I do the exact same thing! I do more of a Dave Palumbo style Keto diet and when I'm not dieting down for a show I keep my carbs around my training. I stay pretty lean year round eating like this.

only 150-200g carbs on slin?

only 150-200g carbs on slin?

Yep , I take in 50g during training , 50g in th shake post Training and another 50 in the last meal.
I start with 10iu Novolin-R and can get up to about 15iu before I need to increase the Carbs.
I start sipping my intra at 4:00
Shoot 10iu IM (yes intra muscular) at 4:10 when I park at the gym , start training about 4:15.
Finish the intra shake at 5:30ish
Finish Training at 6:00
Start drinking post workout shake (50g Whey/50gCarb) at 6:05 on my way home.
Start eating dinner at 7:30 (60-70g Protein 50g Carbs via sweet potatoes , trace fat)
The active life of the Novolin-R shot IM is only 3.5-4hrs (for me.!!) So I have ingested more than enough carbs during the active life of the insulin but not over eat excess calories so there is little to no change of fat gain especially when adding a little HGH with the slin.

Gotta figure out your own body here :)

One guy has a jetfuel metabolism that flattens like a steamroller without carbohydrates,

Another gains 2 inches on his love handles just by looking at a muffin

Most are somewhere in between...

been doing very low carb because i can't be as active or lift as heavy. i want to keep the bf off. While i find low carb to rather easy because my choices are only few, i find that my energy level really tanks (not that it matters because i'm not doing much due to injury) but still. Feeling exhausted all the time isn't exactly pleasant as i'm sure anyone who's dieted knows.

How do you consistently eat low carbs? I just love carbs from bread to pasta, I feel like my meal isn’t complete unless there’s a solid carb

How do you consistently eat low carbs? I just love carbs from bread to pasta, I feel like my meal isn’t complete unless there’s a solid carb

for me it's ground beef, eggs, bacon, peanut butter, salads, and a little cheese. i can get by on that day in and day out. once in a while, i'll have some cottage cheese or yogurt during the day as well (plus an iced coffee with Fairlife milk). i try stay below 50 carbs for the day and i don't find that to be very difficult. i'm also not a big guy and don't have much muscle anymore so it's not that hard. when i'm more active though, which is normally, i need the carbs.

Gotta figure out your own body here :)

One guy has a jetfuel metabolism that flattens like a steamroller without carbohydrates,

Another gains 2 inches on his love handles just by looking at a muffin

Most are somewhere in between...

Absolutely in the jetfuel camp.... I can be at 75g practically all year and be fine.. no doubt at times i'll have my moments but for the most part i'm good around there.... however, with Tren in the mix that number HAS to go up or ill flatten like a pancake (NY Pro)

I know a couple of guys that dropped their caloric intake as well and lost some body fat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

why are carbs an issue when its total calories that matter?
so funny to me folks still think carbs make them fat. oh! i can eat 500 cals above maintenance and lean out so fast!....wrong.
look up NUSI. they spent literally millions of dollars trying to prove carbs make yall fatasses....and failed miserably.
no relationship at all twixt carbs and insulin and fat gain. fact.
twinkie diet works tater diet works. pizza diet? yep. works

My carbs are set at 320g but I usually come in under that. Starting the winter bulk phase as soon as my stuff comes in.

so funny to me folks still think carbs make them fat. oh! i can eat 500 cals above maintenance and lean out so fast!....wrong.
look up NUSI. they spent literally millions of dollars trying to prove carbs make yall fatasses....and failed miserably.

People have been irreversibly brainwashed I'm afraid. You're never getting the carbs make you fat notion out of them ever again :)

So let me get this right.

So of your daily maintaince calories are 3000 per day with a 33% macro split

Nowchange you macros so that 85% is carbs , 10% Protein and 5% fat but the calories are the same.
When you change to the higher carb diet nothing should change as far as body composition at all because the calories are the same ??

Now change again so that your macros are 75% Protein , 20% fat and 5% carbs. But keep the calories the same then again nothing will change as far as your body composition goes because 3000 calories is 3000 calories , doesn't matter if it's from Cake or turkey breast??

Because macros don't matter at all
it's only calories that matter when you want to build muscle and lose fat.??

I've tried out high carbs moderate protein at the same calories and high protein and moderate carbs at the same calories and I've found that my weight stays about the same minus some water weight from the carbs but I'm a bit softer when on higher carbs.

I stagger them up and down 100/75 /50/150/25...ect

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
BL
NapsGear