over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How man calories do the pros eat?

Not for nothing JR but......I GUARANTEE 17 years of high protein will lower someones GFR.......will it be noticeable? Not yet it wont.........but wait until they are 60 and they need dialysis 20 years before everyone else.......look at ALL the kidney problems in bodybuilding today.....its a proven fact that steroids expedite GFR decline.......raise proteinuria, etc....yes BMI has a lot to do with it along with BP......but these go hand in hand.....you believe as you wish, but when the day comes when you need to see a nephrologist.........it is what it is

I said 17yrs of reading other's experiences with high protein not
one BBer taking in high protein for 17yrs. DAMN!

I am quite sure the raised BP from all the gear has alot to do
with strain on kidneys more than the protein but hey could
be wrong just going by others experience as I do not go
very high with protein

Mantus

So

I said 17yrs of reading other's experiences with high protein not
one BBer taking in high protein for 17yrs. DAMN!

I am quite sure the raised BP from all the gear has alot to do
with strain on kidneys more than the protein but hey could
be wrong just going by others experience as I do not go
very high with protein

Mantus

In 17 years not one guy has stayed on that diet? Do you wonder why?

Why would they all eat around 5000, yet Kai Greene has to eat 10 000? :confused:

something crazy!

im eating about the same amount of protein as a girl getting ready to go to USA's for bikini :eek: i looked over her diet and me and her are eating about the same amount of protein.

something crazy!

im eating about the same amount of protein as a girl getting ready to go to USA's for bikini :eek: i looked over her diet and me and her are eating about the same amount of protein.

That's ok maybe she just needs more cause she has to
feed more muscle than you :D

Mantus

Was reading about Nassers diet and he only takes in high protein during his precontest diet and offseason he goes 80% carbs and 20% protein, he only uses high protein to save his muscle during contest prep since carbs are lower.

I will say this.. My close friend and coworker had one trainer have him eat 7200 cals a day.. And they were clean!! Got up to just over 270lb... Lookin back @ pics after show.... He looked like michelin man.... I think the body can only process sooo much, healthy or not then turns to fat...
He hired Chad nicols for the canadas.. He didn't give him cals per say, but very detailed diet, every meal, every day... And I figured he was @ 5600 cals... Got just over 260?? Looked way better, off and on stage..
Fwiw.
Even his "super supps" were normal... Maybe he "prescribes" based on what one can afford?

Phatz

The pros train for 4 plus hours a day. That alone burns an estimated 2000 to 3000 calories. So pros eating 5000 to 7000 calories is very believable.

The pros train for 4 plus hours a day. That alone burns an estimated 2000 to 3000 calories. So pros eating 5000 to 7000 calories is very believable.

I was just going to comment on this

Arnold training twice a day 2hrs each session. Mentzer said this compared
to Viator's 30min/day 3X/week, so yes training that long and more calories/protein is needed ... but a waste

I see no reason to train that long unless someone is an endurance athlete.

It's a waste of time and recovery which could have been used for growth

Mantus

Naser El Sonbaty said he ate 4 - 5k calories a day off season when he was at his peak doing a shit load of drugs, he said he took like 4 5 grams of steroids a week plus a ton of HGH

I believe I have the answer!

I'm not a pro(I played one on tv once) but I am a pretty lean 293lbs. I have days that I eat in upwards of 8000cal, but other days I'm around 4000. It just depends on how hungry I am that day and what bodypart I work. Today I did legs, so I ate 3 double cheezys and a large sweet tea from MickeyDees(1500 cals)an hour after that workout. My boss at work is an ifbb pro, and was top 10 last year at the Olympia 202, and I'll bet he doesn't eat more then 4000 cals a day.

Naser El Sonbaty said he ate 4 - 5k calories a day off season when he was at his peak doing a shit load of drugs, he said he took like 4 5 grams of steroids a week plus a ton of HGH

I don't doubt these guys could have gotten away with eating
alot less. Lee Priest didn't need to blow up like a balloon in order
to get to the weight he wanted to cut, but everything in excess
is the motto. It seems to be anyway.

I know that's how I live my life. My son asked me how I eat so much
when we went out for Pizza one day .. My X, myself and my son, and
my X told my son " everything in excess Joe, that's how daddy does it.

I do take plenty of long breaks though which is why I am not dead yet
and still in good health

Mantus

I'm not a pro(I played one on tv once) but I am a pretty lean 293lbs. I have days that I eat in upwards of 8000cal, but other days I'm around 4000. It just depends on how hungry I am that day and what bodypart I work. Today I did legs, so I ate 3 double cheezys and a large sweet tea from MickeyDees(1500 cals)an hour after that workout. My boss at work is an ifbb pro, and was top 10 last year at the Olympia 202, and I'll bet he doesn't eat more then 4000 cals a day.

yeah man, sometimes what i do is if i am feeling fat, i will substitute out 1 of the double cheeseburgers with a mcChicken. I mean everyone knows chicken is leaner right?=-)

If i was in dire need of sugar post workout to keep my BG levels from crashing for some oddreason, those sweet teas work wonders!!!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131