over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How many bros are on Anti Depressants

makaveli25

Registered
I know this topic has been discussed a lot. Know that I look back In my life I have realized I have been dealing with depression for a really big chunk of my life. It's not an overwhelming depression. It does effect my everday life though. I feel like the girlfriend of nine years and I aren't getting a long.

I don't get the same natural highs people do from life. I'm pretty antisocial, I dont care to be around other people. I would rather sit home and hang out watch movies or play video games. I feel an emotional pain I can't decribe. I have had bad anxiety since I was young. I hard time playing basketball I rember because It was always In front of a large audiance.

I started abusing opiates because they made me feel 100% better and took my pain away. I'm on suboxone now. My life feels like Its at a standstill. I can't stand being around my girlfriend. I feel very irratiable she drives me nuts. I get these feeling on and off cycle.

I know this topic has been discussed a lot. Know that I look back In my life I have realized I have been dealing with depression for a really big chunk of my life. It's not an overwhelming depression. It does effect my everday life though. I feel like the girlfriend of nine years and I aren't getting a long.

I don't get the same natural highs people do from life. I'm pretty antisocial, I dont care to be around other people. I would rather sit home and hang out watch movies or play video games. I feel an emotional pain I can't decribe. I have had bad anxiety since I was young. I hard time playing basketball I rember because It was always In front of a large audiance.

I started abusing opiates because they made me feel 100% better and took my pain away. I'm on suboxone now. My life feels like Its at a standstill. I can't stand being around my girlfriend. I feel very irratiable she drives me nuts. I get these feeling on and off cycle.

there's always Dr. Phil.

I all seriousness, my personal opinion is that anti-depressents may lead to more depression, with possible suicidal tendencies. I would never take them.

Abusing opiates don't help either, they give you a synthetic euphoria that doesn't last and has a downside. I was irritable after a while of using them.
Stop using anything and everything. Get out of the house and get some sun and cardio. That will definitely help you. Read some motivational books and listen to some motivational audio books. This has helped me a ton!!!

My 3 favorite motivational authors and speakers.
Brian Tracy is one of my favorite authors.
Anthony Robins is also great.
Zig Ziglar is one insightful old man.

I all seriousness, my personal opinion is that anti-depressents may lead to more depression, with possible suicidal tendencies. I would never take them.

x2

Take a lot of vitamin d3 and fish oils instead!!!

On paxil for last 5 years.

I view all medicine as a last resort type deal (in most cases), and it seems to me like you don't need anti depressants. It sounds like you just need to stop giving a fuck about what others think lol. You're nervous to play basketball in front of a crowd? how old are you?

I've never been on any anti depressed meds but know people who have. 99% of them are people that took the easy way out rather than really working hard to fix their problems.

Hope it gets better for you bro

I view all medicine as a last resort type deal (in most cases), and it seems to me like you don't need anti depressants. It sounds like you just need to stop giving a fuck about what others think lol. You're nervous to play basketball in front of a crowd? how old are you?

I've never been on any anti depressed meds but know people who have. 99% of them are people that took the easy way out rather than really working hard to fix their problems.

When I was In highschool I had bad anxiety. It was real hard to get up on stage or In front of crowds. Thats why I didn't like playing highschool basketball.

I just need to change things up a bit. I needed a kick In the ass. It just sucks looking back and seeing how this has been going on for so long.

depression

Been on cymbalta for 10 years. Best thing I ever did. Has alot to do with serotonin levels in your brain. No deep mood swings, more level headed thinking, don't want to go and hide just a better well being for me.

Sean

Anti-Depressants

Bro, your situation sounds IDENTICAL to mine. EXACTLY. I know what I'm about to say might irritate the homeopathic folks, but read it and please consider this option.

I've always had low-level, chronic depression. But, over the last five years, my depression, moods, and anxiety have gotten horribly worse. I couldn't stand being around my girl - she made me hugely irritated. Couldn't stand being intimate (like holding hands) but could get through sex. My moods were getting violent, more angry, and could change minute-by-minute. Anxiety through the roof. Like you, this would happen to me whether or not I was on a cycle or off a cycle.

After much honesty and discussion with my physician, I was referred to a psychiatrist. I cannot stress enough how important talk therapy is when you are depressed. A trained counselor, psychiatrist, psychologist, or social worker can help you with your depression. A good therapist is a MUCH better place to ask your questions about mental health (and, with all due respect to all of us here, and get a more qualified response.) (And note I said GOOD therapist...)

In addition, there are natural remedies that may help with your depression.
But, in my opinion, pharmaceuticals will help you tremendously. After my mental health continued to deteriorate, I decided to go on Lexapro, which is an SSRI (Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitor). Do pharmaceuticals have side-effects? Of course. Are they safe for everyone? No. Can they sometimes lead to a worsening of symptoms? Yes. But - for the vast majority of people - they help tremendously.

Lexapro absolutely diminished my depression and anxiety. And it didn't "dull" my senses or "flatten" my personality. I finally felt like myself again. The first few weeks were odd - like I was a bit flakey and hazy. But those side effects - along with a slight nausea in the beginning - all decreased within two weeks. You should know that some SSRIs can make it hard for you to have an orgasm (anaorgasmic). But that, too, subsided and now things are perfectly fine in the bedroom.

Cycling while on AAS is tricky. The more common treatments for depression (SSRIs or MAOIs) don't explicitly contraindicate with the more general AAS (such as Testosterone). But don't forget that when you do AAS you are severely changing the hormonal process in your body for extended amounts of time. This can certainly be detrimental to your mood, especially once you complete your cycle. If you are already prone to depression (and it sounds like you are), you are more likely to be affected by the slight depression that can onset once your cycle is over and your body has not recovered its natural hormone output. For those already inclined, this can lead to a sharp, severe, and long-lasting depressive episode.

Using natural remedies might help you, but try to talk to your doctor about getting a therapist and figuring out what types of medication might alleviate your depression and anxiety. You will be VERY happy you did.

The vast majority of people who have diagnosable, debilitating depression didn't take the "easy way out" by relying on medication as one step toward increasing their quality of life for themselves, their friends, and their family.

I agree - medication should not be dispensed without other forms of depression mitigation, such as seeing a counselor and understanding how to do the "hard work" that it takes to get to the root of their issue. Medication should not be considered the total solution, but instead be one part of a concerted solution that will improve quality of life so that other psychological issues can be addressed.

But thinking of medication as a last resort can actually hinder psychological improvements if the patient is experiencing a diagnosable episode. If someone is not thinking clearly, is having unexplained, uncontrolled irrational thoughts, or is experiencing long-term, unrelenting depression or anxiety, then how can they get to the "hard work" with a brain that is muddled with biological dysfunction? They are certainly not to be abused, but medication should absolutely function as a FIRST resort in some cases.

I agree with Jr! I used to be antisocial and have anxiety big time. That all went away after a few weeks of zoloft. And it doesn't even have any noticable side effects. I've been using it for four years.

I look at it like all other drugs. They were developed to help with pain in life, and if they work, why not use them. Life is way too short to be unhappy. I would at least give them a try for a few months and see if they help you. What do you have to lose but your worries?

anti

If anyone thinks the anti's are a crutch then you have no idea what someone goes through when you suffer from depression. Easy to say I would never take them but suffer an anxiety attack on an airplane and see how u feel! Been there done it not fun!!! Or cannot be around large crowds fun. I pretty much suffered from it my whole life and it got worse as I got older. Take the step talk to someone and get back on track.

SB

In my opinion, you should never tell anyone to get outside and get some sun, and not to take medication, unless you are qualified to do so, and even then, are that persons doctor.

What some people don't seem to grasp is that clinical depression and anxiety, aren't your garden variety "feeling a little down or nervous today". They are chemical imbalances within the brain, and generally need to be treated by a qualified professional.

There are many different medications available, and for some people, it will be trial and error, and take time, to find one that works for them.

We are talking about REAL illnesses here, not something people can just "snap out of". You wouldn't tell someone with cancer to get some sun and take fish oil, is all I'm saying.

Be safe.

-Pack

Last edited:

I too feel exactly the same. I could have written this post. (minus a few things) It's nice to know I am not the only one. I currently don't take meds but know I should. Talk sessions never helped, there really is nothing to talk about. It's not like I have problems or traumatic events that scarred me... I just have no desire to live. How do you talk about that? It is what it is. Years ago I thought having a great girlfiend would be the answer... not so. I have been thinking about moving lately, kind of like starting over. Don't know if that would help, but i guess it couldn't make it worse.

I was on paxil recently and it tore my stomach up, doc swapped me to celexa and I honestly wanted to kill myself. I tried wellbutrin and it worked well. All of my problems were being caused by sleep apnea. I have been on the cpap since June and feel like a new person. No anti d's or anything now. I was loosing allot of oxygen in my sleep which was causing headaches and me to feel freaked out quite often. Be careful with whatever you take!

mercury

I had sever depression for 30 years. Fish oil and all that stuff is not going to to do much if anything. L-tryptophan will help some, potassium is able to relive sadness[try a high dose just once and see if it helps]. Run a search on L-tryptophn and read all you can. Mercury and lead was my problem and if some one has it in them nothing is going to do much good until is out. I had bad allergies,depression,candida over growth, parasites,thyroid and adrenal problems,chronic fatigue, on and on and on. Every one reading this has mercury in them to some extent. I know how you fell. Dont fell bad about taking drugs. I understand I did the same thing,you fell so bad all the time you have to have some releaf some times.I'm not saying that its good, Im saying I understand.Dont let these people that dont know about your problem bring you down, keep fighting,there is hope. You need to get to a good Doctor[The right Doctor] God bless you I will pray for you.

I was on paxil recently and it tore my stomach up, doc swapped me to celexa and I honestly wanted to kill myself. I tried wellbutrin and it worked well. All of my problems were being caused by sleep apnea. I have been on the cpap since June and feel like a new person. No anti d's or anything now. I was loosing allot of oxygen in my sleep which was causing headaches and me to feel freaked out quite often. Be careful with whatever you take!

what is cpap, please?

I agree that anti depressants are over prescribed, however I worked at a psych hospital and have seen first hand how life changing they can be for individuals who really do need them. I myself have taken an anti anxiety med for a year now. I tried for years to do it without meds and fact is that my life is so much healthier when I am on. Some people need them to feel what other people take for granted as normal, it's by no means a crutch.

I suffer from post traumatic strees disorder and I'm prescribed some medications. Prior to having the meds, I had terrible depression, along with other problems. Without a doubt, the meds, and therapy, have changed my life. However, I still don't like to meet new people or feel any more social, but my insomnia is gone, the nightmares are gone and so is most of the anger I had.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131