advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

how many calories do you eat above maintenance for growing?

how many calories do you eat above maintenance for growth?

• 0-500

Votes: 41 49.4%
  • 500-1000

Votes: 28 33.7%
  • 1000-1500

Votes: 6 7.2%
  • more than this

Votes: 8 9.6%

• Total voters
I have been wondering the same thing lately. I am gaining weight like crazy! and I can't tell how much is true muscle instead of fat and water. I was 206 on the scale yesterday at 5 pm (eastern time), I just jumped on the scale and I am now 216 and it is 2:45 pm. Is ten pounds possible in less than 24 hours? Possibly water retention because of the 50 mg d-bol I recently threw in? Don't know but it sure does feel good! As a natural lifter I sit at 175 when I am lean so it feels awesome to be a "bulky" 216!

You would have to imagine that you gained no more than 1pd of muscle, which is still alot in 1 day!

I'm so jealous of you freaks that can eat 5000 calories and still be ripped, my boyfriend is like this. It pisses me off to no end that he can eat WHATEVER he wants and he has trouble not losing weight! WTF! I eat 1800 in the offseason and gain bf like a motherfucker!

dont know how will it be on my first course in a couple weeks but right now i end up eating more then 500 calories over maintenance, i plan a Diet of say 4000 calories and keep to it but if im hungry i eat more so could end up eating 4500 and 350-400 grams of protein and thats without drugs yet, i weight 240 ..

im thinking of Starting at 4500 on my first course and go up to 5000 or even more if the Fat gains are not as big to get the most out of it.

my opinion is, go 300-500 above maintanance. why gain 20 pounds of fat if you than need to diet and/or kill it with cardio in order to get yourself looking how you want to look?

I stay just under maintenance for six days (200-400kcal) and then have a massive carb up on day 7 where I'm about 4,000kcal above maintenance.

Right now I'm doing basically 50 pro 60-90 carbs per meal and 15-20 fats. 6 meals per day. 150 carbs around workout 4x per week. Getting around 4500 cals of clean food.

Only way this is possible for me is gh. Without it i would be a fat mess. I get fat just eating when hungry if gh isnt in my system, and thats even if I'm running a decent cycle with tren included.

Skinny fat genes ftw!

Its why gh is KING for some of us.

I never jump over 500 calorie bump per day out of being scared to put on to much fat. Ugh I hate getting older!!

i like to gauge it, its different with every cycle.. i increase calories by 500 a week from a starting point of around 3500 to where i am gaining weight but not more than 1%BF then finely adjust calories accordingly. Everyone is different and it will change with individual goals.

about 500-1000, but I really try to eat as much as I possibly can... :headbang:

from my cut i add 200 cals a week with a short cruise until i hit what i think is my maint. then i only add 100 cals a week to help control fat gain. but cardio is also dropped in half so theres a few hundred more cals there. i really try to limit my bulks to.1-2 lbs a week but if i see to much fat gain ill increase cardio a bit.

i should add thia doesnt include a day i dont log and i will enjoy with family and friends.

i would outright bulk past and the battle of losing all that fat when it came to cut isnt worth it for me

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

I do not count calories Too anal retentive, For me it is the scale and Mirror.

Just shoot for 500 so you don't put on much bf

100-200 above when natty and 500 above on the sauce once its it kicks in.

my avatar picture was taken last summer-170lb 8-11BF, and looked lean, but couldnt put any mass on me....I switched to 4000-5000 cal a day, with a lot of carbs, and man I m so happy....close to 195 lb, 10-13 BF, TEST(combination of test p, masteron, tren Ace and test E)- 1000mg/week and gh at 5iu/day with 1-2 days break every 1.5 weeks. if money wouldnt be a problem, I would have bumped to 8-10iu/day of gh....but still happy with results.

On tren my metabolism goes up like crazy, currently at about 4.5-5k (~500 over).. Used to bulk on 3600 (200-300 over) lol only 6'1 215 @ about 10%, not big by any means, must be all the sex

Last edited:
i eat as much as is required to keep the gains coming. Where i end up in a blast looks nothing like where i started. I dont just eat calories because i randomly picked a number, i start somewhere, and when the gains stop 2 weigh-ins, in a row, i up the calories.

How often are your weigh-ins? (Like once a week?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As I get older, I find that I need less calories to gain.......ugh

I usually just go way above maintenance calories which will lead to a lot of fat gain quickly , and once ur above 12% it's a lot harder to put muscle on. That's why I am shooting to keep it tight this year

More aerobic exercise can help you

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner