over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How many calories should I drop during cut

Squat Mama

Newbies
I've been at 126lbs. for 5 months, a 6 pound gain since I began lifting 5 months ago but I still have a little fat on my butt and inside thighs. I've been maintaining at 2200 cal. per day so should I drop down and if so how much or just add cardio to get off that last bit of fat.

you need a trainer.....no one here
can give you an answer....too many variables
to consider....

i will tell you 2200cals is alot of food for a 125lb woman

i have most of my female clients on a maintance of 1600
then go from there to cut....maybe 1300 to 1400
depending on how they react to carbs and fats...

:cool:

I'm working with a trainer in training...he knows a lot about working out and is in the process of getting his cert. but doesn't yet have as much knowledge about diet as I would like. Cutting my calories sounds good because it's really hard for me to get 2200 in without feeling over full all the time even though I split them into 8 small meals per day.

Its not about calorie counting. Develop a set of meal macros that allows you to keep most of the muscle and lose the fat. Then eat those exact macros every time your hungry. Simple as that. Need someone to do the figuring for you? Hire Phil Hernon.

I've been at 126lbs. for 5 months, a 6 pound gain since I began lifting 5 months ago but I still have a little fat on my butt and inside thighs. I've been maintaining at 2200 cal. per day so should I drop down and if so how much or just add cardio to get off that last bit of fat.

I often wonder the same thing. It definitely varies somewhat from person to person... but the CRAZY (fascinating) thing is how there can also be TONS of variation w/in the same individual.

I'm a perfect example of this, (and I'm sure many others have had similar experiences) - I recently dropped just over 20 lbs. in under a 2 month time period, eating a fairly modest amount (1800 cals/day) for a small frame female; (and most of the weight loss was fat/water, based on: the mirror; the fact that all of my weights are up or unchanged; and a fairly accurate bf scale).

I have to admit, it was almost magical/uncanny, just how freakin FAST the weight/fat fell off; and, as usual, when I "crunched the numbers", the weight loss just doesn't add up (I should have lost a lot less, based on the "paper calculations").

In fact, looking back over my history of dieting, the past 7.5 weeks has been the fastest EVER that I've lost weight/fat on a "*normal" amount of food (*i.e. the exception being the 500 cal/day hCG diet/Simeons Protocol... during which the weight loss was only slightly faster).

Interestingly, a year ago (starting about the last week in Dec. 2009 to the end of March 2010), when I finally got my appetite under control, I also was eating 1800 calories/day yet working out slightly MORE (compared to now); yet it took a full 3 months to lose just 7.5 lbs. (at which point my weight stalled). Contrast with this year: from the 2nd week in Dec. 2010, to this past Friday, I went from 130 lbs. to 108.5 lbs. The MAIN difference between this year and last year was: my macronutrient intake... strangely, (last year when I experienced slow weight loss), I was eating a MAXIMUM of 25% carbs... whereas, currently, with the crazy fast weight loss I just experienced, I was eating ~45-60% carbs.

To the OP - my point: this can be REALLY confusing and there are definitely a lot of factors involved. The best thing is to find a trainer/nutritionist who you are confident with and who has the knowledge to custmoize a diet/training program for you that will allow you to reach your goals. I certainly don't understanding everything, (despite hours of reading/researching over the years); but I'm working with a trainer/nutritionist who has tons of credentials, and, more importantly, really knows his shit and has created a program that's allowed me to accomplish my goals. :)

Everyone is different. I have been leaning out at 3500 calories a day. It takes years to learn how to manipulate your macros. I would hire a trainer if I was new at this, they got the diet part down.

Shelby is another great trainer we have here.

:headbang:

our bodies are amazing biological machines. it seems that with most everything we conscientiously do in an attempt to alter it, our body will find a way to counter our actions. speaking plainly if you drop your daily calorie intake, your body will soon adapt to this lower amount rendering it ineffective for fat loss beyond several days.

try a staggered approach. one or 2 days eat your normal maintenance calories, then the next day drop low. go back to normal for a day or 2 then drop again for a day or 2. this randomness will mostly prevent your body from adapting to the lower calorie amount. you will lose the fat slowly over time, assuming quality food intake.

I often wonder the same thing. It definitely varies somewhat from person to person... but the CRAZY (fascinating) thing is how there can also be TONS of variation w/in the same individual.

Yes... it's so frustrating!!! Just when you think you've got it down... you're body plays cruel tricks on you and changes. :banghead:

I have always had a very high metabolism. I would have to eat a very high carb diet for bulking. When it came to pre-contest diets, I'd just cut back on the calories and about 8 - 10 weeks plus cardio and the fat would just fall off. Now it's all a huge struggle. My thyroid has slowed down and I'm in menopause and everything has change. It's a struggle just to loose 5 lbs. :(

Carb rotation works better than no carb/high fat diet. It's something to try. You can also keep changing your calorie intake like suggested. I would never drop my calories below 1500. If you are rotating them, be sure to keep them some where between 2200 and 1500.

i would deff say get a trainer for your deit becuase 2200 cals for your size is a LOT. my GF is a figure competitor and weighs about 135-140 and she olny gets like 1400-1600 cals. diff people diff bodys. just thought i would let you know

Like everyone has said, hire a trainer who also knows about sports nutrition. Although your current trainer may know a lot about training the gym, knowing how to transform physiques is a whole 'nother ballgame.

And I completely agree that 2200 cal sounds like a LOT for your weight! Then again, everyone is different ... How tall are you?

Just giving you my advice.... but for the knowledge I have... I am a 175 lb bodybuilder who competes at 141 to 152...either lightweight or bantamweight division.... and in training or offseason, I never eat 2200 calories a day.... well I take that back... fr 3 days i take in about 250 calories 6 times a day with 60% protein, 30% carbs and 10% fat..... then a 20 gram protein shake only b4 bed.... then every 4th day.. i double to 500 calories, and reverse it.. whee its more like 50% carbs, 40% protein and 10% fat... i dont like taking in many fats.... just never have....

but I do know you need to know what your MBR is first and formost...then it all depends on how much cardio and training your doing.... but most people with any metabolism should be eat 11 calories per pound of weight to maintain weight.... that would be about 1400 calories for u.... then if you want to cut back take in about 9 to 10 calories... good luck either way you decide to go

Also if you wanna help tighten up your hamstrings and butt.... then walk the treadmill backwards at 3mph on a 10 incline to start then increase from there for 10 minutes each day u do cardio... allow that to be your cooldown....

A normal man with normal physical activities during the whole day work needs 2000 calories to take for his normal health...
It depends on your goal that how much would you like to lose or gain...

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws