over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How many days a week?

killer38

Registered
I am presently on a 2 day on 1 day off routine. I work 2 body parts per day doing abs on off days. I avarage about 4 excercises per body part with a 10-8-6 heavy wieght rep count. My problem is I am still sore when it comes to working that body part again. This cant be good for me as I am obviously not recovering before I work it again. I dont want to be over trainning so would it be better maybee going to a every other day trainning at the same 2 body parts per workout day or go to a everyday one body part 6 days a week. Thanks for your advice and wisdom...killer38....

Bring down your number of exercises to 3 major parts 2 minor. Supplements? Glutamine, BCAA?

Rob Roy said:
Bring down your number of exercises to 3 major parts 2 minor. Supplements? Glutamine, BCAA?
I use multi vit's,6000mg aminos,chromium P, and alot of protein powder.does the Glutamine help with muscle pain? My Amino mix has glutamic acid 1066mg as a ingredient. Is this the same thing? If not in what dose should I use? Thanks...Ps u suggested bringing down my excercises to 3 major 2 minor . do I stay at the same rep amount lifting heavy?

Last edited:
Im sorry ahead of time

I do the 2 on 1 off based on Dorians training (and thats about the only thing I can do like him).
I had a conversation with a vet on this board who I get my training advise from and noticed in his training split - something was different than most Dorian related training splits I have seen. Shit bro it was my wife who actually picked up on it first :eek: . We spoke about it and what he is doing is sort of like an indirect method for hitting a muscle group he hit really hard earlier in the week. lets say for example you do a heavy arm day early in the week. Bi's for example. He is still sore like you mentioned the next time the bi's need to be hit so he will do a "light" day but not in the conventional terms we think of. He may do one set for bi's isolating them directly (and only some of the times) and thats it. Then he trains another bodypart like chest to indirectly hit the biceps. It causes lighter stress on sore muscles so recovery is better and we still get the training done we set out to do (I explained this poorly but It worked for me personaly and he does it religously). I tried to get the actuall message to make it more clear but couldnt find it so I apologize for that. Ill get in touch with him tommorow to get you a better example. The entire training split for the week is developed in such a way as to make this work for the entire body so we can still use a 2 on 1 off split when sore and dont want to overtrain but still go heavy.
Ill pm you tommorw with the exact way we do this. My current example is to confusing even for me lol. but I just got out of a three hour Geology class followed by the police pulling me over and my mind is a little slow right now:p

Last edited:
nosmas said:
I do the 2 on 1 off based on Dorians training (and thats about the only thing I can do like him).
I had a conversation with a vet on this board who I get my training advise from and noticed in his training split - something was different than most Dorian related training splits I have seen. Shit bro it was my wife who actually picked up on it first:eek: . We spoke about it and what he is doing is sort of like an indirect method for hitting a muscle group he hit really hard earlier in the week. lets say for example you do a heavy arm day early in the week. bi's for example. He is still sore like you mentioned the next time the bi's need to be hit so he will do a "light" day but not in the conventional terms we think of. He may do one set for bi's isolating them directly (and only some of the times) and thats it. Then he trains another bodypart like chest to indirectly hit the biceps. It causes lighter stress on sore muscles so recovery is better and we still get the training done we set out to do (I explained this poorly but It worked for me personaly and he does it religously). I tried to get the actuall message to make it more clear but couldnt find it so I apologize for that. Ill get in touch with him tommorow to get you a better example. The entire training split for he week is developed in such a way as to make this work for the entire body so we can still use a 2 on 1 off split when sore and dont want to overtrain but still go heavy.
Ill pm you tommorw with the exact way we do this. My current example is to confusing even for me lol. but I just got out of a three hour Geology class followed by the police pulling me over and my mind is a little slow right now:p
Well I am greatful for you to take the time after a busy day to answer my questions. I would love to recieve that info from you and will be looking forward to it. I am affraid Im over trainning and doing damage instead of making great gains. im making good gains in weight and strength but feel I could get more if I refine my trainning. . Again thanks for your time....killer38.....

Thats really all it was.....a little refining to prevent overtraining but still continue his split.
I wont forget you tommorow I promise!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity