advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How many days for a bicep to recover from workout since a small muscle group?

Chembody

Verified Customer
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
How many days does it take to fully recover from a workout for a bicep since it’s a small muscle group? Two days? 3 days?

It really depends on how you’re training it and your level of development. For me....about 3 days and I can hit it again with a pumping workout

Doing John meadows creeping death program and I do a pull day which includes 2-3 sets of direct high intensity bicep work. Usually recovered after 2-3 days. Also depends on what you do for recovery. I know when I’m on 4-5 ius of quality growth, getting plenty of high quality food and diligent about my peri workout nutrition I recover more quickly. Although I can’t prove it I seem to recover more quickly with pre w/o insulin.

Doing John meadows creeping death program and I do a pull day which includes 2-3 sets of direct high intensity bicep work. Usually recovered after 2-3 days. Also depends on what you do for recovery. I know when I’m on 4-5 ius of quality growth, getting plenty of high quality food and diligent about my peri workout nutrition I recover more quickly. Although I can’t prove it I seem to recover more quickly with pre w/o insulin.
Not 2-3 sets, 2-3 exercises. Usually 4-5 sets

How many days does it take to fully recover from a workout for a bicep since it’s a small muscle group? Two days? 3 days?
For me it has more to do with tendon and CNS recovery than muscle recovery. It really boils down to how hard you worked your biceps. If you pound your biceps hard with 14-20 intense work sets—training them once a week is plenty. If you do only 4-6 sets, then train the biceps twice a week.

Depends on what you did...you can likely train it daily and gain since 90-95% of people don’t train hard enough to effect it

I wouldn’t train it again before 48hrs but of course AAS and age play a role.

My arms are my lagging body parts and was listing to coach rambod and he was saying they recover fast so he has his clients hit them twice and sometimes even more per week.
Wanted to see how long it takes for biceps to recover. Or what’s the fastest time it can recover if everything is perfect?

48 hours for biceps triceps hams delts 72 for quads back chest 24 for all other small muscles

Do not confuse soreness from training as anything but soreness its not a good or accurate way to gauge recovery. IE you can train a muscle if its sore.

Muscles recover quickly. I tried training muscles twice per week but it always leads to tendonitis.

There's more to recovery than just muscle recovery as has already been pointed out. Training multiple times per week is probably beneficial for short periods but I have noticed doing it for long periods is detrimental.

48 hours for biceps triceps hams delts 72 for quads back chest 24 for all other small muscles

Do not confuse soreness from training as anything but soreness its not a good or accurate way to gauge recovery. IE you can train a muscle if its sore.
Thanks brother! That totally makes sense and what I figured.

Does it matter on the way you train?
Going heavy and to failure vs higher reps and higher volume but no failure training? Does that change recovery time?

Muscles recover quickly. I tried training muscles twice per week but it always leads to tendonitis.

There's more to recovery than just muscle recovery as has already been pointed out. Training multiple times per week is probably beneficial for short periods but I have noticed doing it for long periods is detrimental.
I totally agree brother!
I used Dorian Yates training style going to failure and heavy weights once a week per muscle group and three days off for rest when I was younger and I grew like a beast maybe because I was young lol.

Now that I’m 42 and no training partner I try to go lighter with high reps and and only once a week per muscle group but then I have lagging arms and I read and heard you can train them twice or even more per week due to being a small muscle group.
Your point is correct because I tried doing it twice a week and higher reps with lighter weight and now I have tendon soreness and tennis elbow and joint pain in my arms from light weight high reps twice a week.

My bis and to a lesser extent tris were never a strong point. Chest on the other hand was something I could think about and it would respond. It seems like you either get the chest or tris.

The fix for me was dropping straight bar presses for tris as they were putting stress on my shoulder even if I wasn't feeling it. I sparsely use straight bar for tricep presses now. Find what exercises actually activate your muscle and don't listen to anyone who says you have to do "x" exercise. A lot of dudes who love the bench press have short af arms. If that works for you, great, if not figure out something else.

Same with bis. For years people told me you have to do straight bar curls. Why? So I can wreck my forearms? I don't do straight bar curls anymore at all and my arms are better for it.

The one thing you have glossed over with your post is exercise selection. I would start there. There's so many ways and variations to do an exercise. Find what works. That did far more for me than doubling up workouts.
I totally agree brother!
I used Dorian Yates training style going to failure and heavy weights once a week per muscle group and three days off for rest when I was younger and I grew like a beast maybe because I was young lol.

Now that I’m 42 and no training partner I try to go lighter with high reps and and only once a week per muscle group but then I have lagging arms and I read and heard you can train them twice or even more per week due to being a small muscle group.
Your point is correct because I tried doing it twice a week and higher reps with lighter weight and now I have tendon soreness and tennis elbow and joint pain in my arms from light weight high reps twice a week.

If you search out Chris Beardsley on IG and the net he has interesting info on recovery rates for different muscles. IIRC triceps take the longest to recover whereas quadriceps recover the fastest.
So the size of the muscle isn't the determining factor in recovery. Also, low rep training has you recovering faster. Also, higher rep training, and even outright endurance exercise has the biggest impact on the CNS, contrary to popular belief.

That low rep training has you recovering faster than high rep training has been obvious to me for the longest time. If you do say doubles for quads you recover way faster than if you do 20-rep windowmakers.

I have also noted how fried my triceps get and how weak they are after sessions, compared to other groups.

Biceps recover quite well, and it also depends on your overall activity level. But 2 to 3 days is ideal.
With the aid of certain compounds you can go eod.

Biceps recover quite well, and it also depends on your overall activity level. But 2 to 3 days is ideal.
With the aid of certain compounds you can go eod.
I am guessing in the last 2 years since he asked the question he had time figure that out by now.

If you search out Chris Beardsley on IG and the net he has interesting info on recovery rates for different muscles. IIRC triceps take the longest to recover whereas quadriceps recover the fastest.
So the size of the muscle isn't the determining factor in recovery. Also, low rep training has you recovering faster. Also, higher rep training, and even outright endurance exercise has the biggest impact on the CNS, contrary to popular belief.

That low rep training has you recovering faster than high rep training has been obvious to me for the longest time. If you do say doubles for quads you recover way faster than if you do 20-rep windowmakers.

I have also noted how fried my triceps get and how weak they are after sessions, compared to other groups.
This is interesting but makes sense. Also have noticed that triceps are one of the few muscle groups that actually get sore

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws