advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How many exercises per bodypart for max growth?

I also agree that once you've pumped a muscle up as much as you can your pretty much done. Vince Gironda held this belief.

Also if you wanna get big you gotta get stronger point blank period. All these guys who are massive that don't lift super heavy anymore still built there base with heavy progressive lifting. I think those guys would probably still lift super heavy if they could but that shit puts wear and tear on your body. I've been lifting pretty much non stop since I was 18. Heavy progressive lifting and I've got a lot of strength to show for it but I'm also staring to have to switch to more volume and sets training because the heavy lifting is beating the shit out pf my body

Show me someone lifting light weight thats jacked. And I'm not talking about John Meadows who USED to lift heavy as shit and has 20+ years of iron under those muscles.

Load is king.

I also agree that once you've pumped a muscle up as much as you can your pretty much done. Vince Gironda held this belief.

Also if you wanna get big you gotta get stronger point blank period. All these guys who are massive that don't lift super heavy anymore still built there base with heavy progressive lifting. I think those guys would probably still lift super heavy if they could but that shit puts wear and tear on your body. I've been lifting pretty much non stop since I was 18. Heavy progressive lifting and I've got a lot of strength to show for it but I'm also staring to have to switch to more volume and sets training because the heavy lifting is beating the shit out pf my body
Your correct brother, and can tell you know what your doing no doubt...Look at you,your jacked and in the last year put on some quality good muscle size...Yea it hurts to move around most the time,always lifting heavy is very hard on the body...I agree,when I'm done competing I'm just keeping strength, lighter weight more reps lol...

Omni-Labs SPONSORED ATHLETE©[email protected]®THE REAPER

Show me someone lifting light weight thats jacked. And I'm not talking about John Meadows who USED to lift heavy as shit and has 20+ years of iron under those muscles.

Load is king.
Yeah everyone that has massive size has lifted heavy to get there...John is a beast and can do lighter lifts to keep what he has built...Growing to the size is harder than keeping the size if you train right...BL same thing, if he's happy where he's at in size he can maintain it without having to lift heavy...

Had a friend that just on getting strong on 1 exercise per bodypart:
his lifts are now,
incline bb 315 6
military press 225 6
barbell row 335 6
deadlifts 455 6
squats 405 6
stiff leg 365 6
bb curl 150 6
overhead bd exten 120lb db 6

He finally gained a lot of size and stopped doing the multiple exercises and pump style training.

Interesting, any before and after pics? Just to appease my curiosity. "Size" can be other things besides muscle too. Not trying to discount what your saying, just curious. How long had he been lifting when he switched to this one move per muscle.
I trained my back this morning, I have a very hard time believing you can get full development with just one move. I feel the tension in different areas depending on what I"m doing.

Interesting, any before and after pics? Just to appease my curiosity. "Size" can be other things besides muscle too. Not trying to discount what your saying, just curious. How long had he been lifting when he switched to this one move per muscle.
I trained my back this morning, I have a very hard time believing you can get full development with just one move. I feel the tension in different areas depending on what I"m doing.

Barbell rows and deadlifts wont get at all the back muscles? I can do little fancy pull movements and feel it different too but it doesnt means its doin anything to put on size

I don't think it's necessarily number of exercises.. if I did 10 sets of BB bench or 5 of BB bench and 5 of incline bench, the volume is the same then it would be individual as to which exercise worked better on your body.

I think it's more so total amount of time your muscle is moving while under a load. To build muscle a set should last 40-60 seconds. If you followed this principle and did 1 exercise with 10 sets it would be more effective than doing 3 exercises for 5 sets but only moving the muscle for 20 seconds each set.

Overall I think 3-5 sets per exercise, 40-60 seconds per set (6-15 reps with proper tempo) for 2-5 exercises per muscle group is where the money is. Obviously that is a big variance but quads need more than biceps. So if you kinda follow that I think you'll be good.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Yeah everyone that has massive size has lifted heavy to get there...John is a beast and can do lighter lifts to keep what he has built...Growing to the size is harder than keeping the size if you train right...BL same thing, if he's happy where he's at in size he can maintain it without having to lift heavy...

i dig these kinds of discussions.
but tell me, if u have to lift heavy to get big. how does lifting light KEEP u big?
if it keeps you big then why can't it GET u big in the first place?
and, what type of light weight training will keep that mass? if strength = size...
if failure is key, as studies have shown, then is weight secondary?

but tell me, if u have to lift heavy to get big. how does lifting light KEEP u big?
and, what type of light weight training will keep that mass? if strength = size...
When I'm talking about lifting lighter for example I'll use Squatting, if I decided not to compete anymore but keep my strength and mass...If I'm Squatting 835#s twice when I stop,I'll do my reps at 70% of that if I can rep 10...When i say lighter and more reps,I don't mean a huge decrease in weight I'm going to lift...

Lifting heavy is the fastest most efficient way of packing on muscle. Once the muscle has been there for a while there are so many other ways of stimulating muscle hypertrophy that are safer and less taxing. It's not about lifting "light" weight per say it's about stimulating the muscle with loading and volume. That's where all the different methods and techniques you see guys like mountain dog doing. Charles Glass is another example he takes guys with good genetics who are older and already have muscle maturity from years of lifting heavy then he has them doing tons of volume and machine pumping work with all the different angles and it works for them.

Lifting heavy is the fastest most efficient way of packing on muscle. Once the muscle has been there for a while there are so many other ways of stimulating muscle hypertrophy that are safer and less taxing. It's not about lifting "light" weight per say it's about stimulating the muscle with loading and volume. That's where all the different methods and techniques you see guys like mountain dog doing. Charles Glass is another example he takes guys with good genetics who are older and already have muscle maturity from years of lifting heavy then he has them doing tons of volume and machine pumping work with all the different angles and it works for them.
Yeah this exactly ∆∆∆∆...

Someone give me a good example of a leg routine they used at this kind of volume/number of exercises that really made their legs huge?

Only reason I ask is because I had so much trouble with legs until I started doing some serious volume (like 100's on the leg press). I'm not a big squatter either, had a hernia last year and I haven't gotten back into heavy squats at all, and now I sub rack pulls for deads, as I don't want to chance blowing the other side on another hernia (the surgery was expensive).

Great question! I trained my back yesterday morning with a glorified rubber band, lol. My lats had some soreness/stiffness today. Tons of rest/pause sets, constantly "bouncing" on the "failure" threshold. In other words, my muscles didn't know the difference between iron and rubber. lol

Good post, thanks.

Someone give me a good example of a leg routine they used at this kind of volume/number of exercises that really made their legs huge?

Only reason I ask is because I had so much trouble with legs until I started doing some serious volume (like 100's on the leg press). I'm not a big squatter either, had a hernia last year and I haven't gotten back into heavy squats at all, and now I sub rack pulls for deads, as I don't want to chance blowing the other side on another hernia (the surgery was expensive).

It's about fatiguing the muscles. Whether by volume, with less intensity on each set, or one or two huge painful rest pause sets. If you use a weight that you "fail" around 20, push it with lots of mini rest pause sets until you get 50 reps. For legs, I recommend failing around 30, and push it to 100 reps.

I feel like the number of exercises isn't as good a factor to look at compared to number of SETS....

Just a thought.

It's about fatiguing the muscles. Whether by volume, with less intensity on each set, or one or two huge painful rest pause sets. If you use a weight that you "fail" around 20, push it with lots of mini rest pause sets until you get 50 reps. For legs, I recommend failing around 30, and push it to 100 reps.

I've been trying to do something similar to this especially for legs... I have a bad knee and that side is noticeably less developed. Going "heavy" like 6-8 rep failure sets never feels good the next day so I hardly go below 15 reps for legs

I've been trying to do something similar to this especially for legs... I have a bad knee and that side is noticeably less developed. Going "heavy" like 6-8 rep failure sets never feels good the next day so I hardly go below 15 reps for legs

I haven't done anything too heavy for months now. No barbell squats or heavy leg press at all. I've done some lunges with DB's that were kinda heavy, after some pre fatigue, but still not straining to get 8-10 reps, I haven't noticed ANY reduction in size. I've kinda been dieting too. So, don't beat yourself up over not moving heavy weight for your legs. Not worth being in pain the next day, not joint pain at least.

I feel like the number of exercises isn't as good a factor to look at compared to number of SETS....

Just a thought.

Agree, one step further, TUT.

Little Slice RULES .... 'nuff said!

your brother in Christ,

Lucky

PS Already missing Don Rickles!

Barbell rows and deadlifts wont get at all the back muscles? I can do little fancy pull movements and feel it different too but it doesnt means its doin anything to put on size

Deadlifts are mainly isometric for the lats and back. I'm not talking erectors

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity