over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How many grams of protien do you eat?

muscle mass by weight is 70 percent water, 20 percent actual tissue, 10 percent or so other shit....
for every 10 pounds u gain on the scale, only 2 pounds is actual physical muscle tissue...
but yall need to eat 300 grams or mora a day to "grow?" wrong...total brainwashing bullshit.
guys in studies were gaining a pound a week muscle mass eating less than a gram per kilogram of bw....
but yall would say impossible!
wanna waste all that money on protein cuz in yr mind its better for u, go ahead. i aint payin that bill
Are you Justin Harris ?

Only thing all that extra protein does is slow down fat gain

You need to be really dialed in for high carbs

Mike Mentzer had some thoughts:

"~16 extra calories and 1 gram of protein above maintenance protein needs per day to grow 10 lbs of muscle in a year". Simple.
Maybe in a perfect world. My experience is that the body doesn't always process and absorb al the nutrients it takes in. If it did for example then when i supplement vit D to 3x the daily requirement. i should be higher then the bottom 15% of the normal range as that is where i have been tested to be on that dose and out in the sun.

Around 250g when dieting around 400-500g (ideally) when bulking

I don't need much to retain muscle while in a big deficit but I find I do need a lot to gain muscle and to stay lean while gaining muscle (more protein - less room for fats/carbs)

Depends on how many grams of carbs im eating. The more carbs, the less protein required. Carbs are protein sparing.

I do 4-6 meals per day averaging 50g protein per meal ie 200-300g per day.

No need for the massive amount of protein most guys on here consume. 100-150 grams per day is more than enough. Bodybuilding is full of more myths than any other sport.

I totally agree...they just want to sell more protein powder..

According to ACSM..
"0.5 to 0.8 grams per pound of body weight." is what athletes need...

I think when guys on the boards say that when "I was eating 400g protein per day" they gained a lot of size on that. Well, that's because you were eating a lot of food also other than protein that played a part in adding the size/weight on them.

According to ACSM..

I think when guys on the boards say that when "I was eating 400g protein per day" they gained a lot of size on that. Well, that's because you were eating a lot of food also other than protein that played a part in adding the size/weight on them.
Have at it.

According to ACSM..

I dont need 500gr of protein but I need to be at least slightly north of 1gr per lb of body weight to gain muscle. Just more calories adds fat.

When I'm bulking around 200-225G/day. When cutting 300-350G/day. More when cutting for satiation reasons and carbs/fats are protein sparing.

I'm pretty much along the standard 1.25-1.5g per pound. Currently just under 220lb so 275-330g bulking or cutting.
However, usually on a low carb day I'll go up to 330g and on a full carb day I'm satisfied with 280g

Just eat a bowl of sugar. It's protein sparing.

This is all over the course of years (decade plus) and finally learning what works for me.

I used to eat around 200-250 grams of protein with minimal carbs. Looked better than most but not how I wanted.

Later I Kept the Protein the same but upped carbs to 5-700 on training days and wow what a difference. I saw changes weekly, even daily at first.

Now I’ve got it all dialed in. I eat 400-450 grams of protein every day. Minimum 2 grams per lb of body weight. I eat 700-1000 grams of carbs on training days and typically take in less than 50g of fat (I aim for less than 100). The difference this has made to my energy levels and steady increases in muscle mass are mind blowing to me. I am guilty of this as well when I began, but people just seem to forget that protein is literally the most anabolic thing we put in our bodies. Carbs and Fat can be “muscle sparing” but at the end of the day, THE ONLY NUTRIENT THAT BUILDS MUSCLE IS PROTEIN. I know most here understand that as this is a more advanced board but it’s surprising how many overlook this and focus on the drugs. Im always hearing / reading “How many lbs will this steroid put on me?”… sigh 😞

According to ACSM..
Nonsense. Was that recommendation for BodyBuilders who blast AAS / Insulin / HGH etc? Didn’t think so. I, like many others, know first hand that with all else being equal, more protein = more muscle gains.

I
No need for the massive amount of protein most guys on here consume. 100-150 grams per day is more than enough. Bodybuilding is full of more myths than any other sport.
m aware that's what the studies say but personally feel best with higher protein (300 g) day moderate carbs and higher fats. I've tried lower and higher but feel the best with protein higher and keep in mind o usually only weigh 210 but keep body fat single digits or close year round so I'm not a highe guy.

I

m aware that's what the studies say but personally feel best with higher protein (300 g) day moderate carbs and higher fats. I've tried lower and higher but feel the best with protein higher and keep in mind o usually only weigh 210 but keep body fat single digits or close year round so I'm not a highe guy.
Do the studies that you mention being aware of focus on Advanced Bodybuilders who blast the arsenal of drugs we talk about here or are these studies based on the untrained geriatric population they seem to focus on? Food for thought…

This is all over the course of years (decade plus) and finally learning what works for me.

I used to eat around 200-250 grams of protein with minimal carbs. Looked better than most but not how I wanted.

Later I Kept the Protein the same but upped carbs to 5-700 on training days and wow what a difference. I saw changes weekly, even daily at first.

Now I’ve got it all dialed in. I eat 400-450 grams of protein every day. Minimum 2 grams per lb of body weight. I eat 700-1000 grams of carbs on training days and typically take in less than 50g of fat (I aim for less than 100). The difference this has made to my energy levels and steady increases in muscle mass are mind blowing to me. I am guilty of this as well when I began, but people just seem to forget that protein is literally the most anabolic thing we put in our bodies. Carbs and Fat can be “muscle sparing” but at the end of the day, THE ONLY NUTRIENT THAT BUILDS MUSCLE IS PROTEIN. I know most here understand that as this is a more advanced board but it’s surprising how many overlook this and focus on the drugs. Im always hearing / reading “How many lbs will this steroid put on me?”… sigh 😞
Agreed. This is very similar to the conclusions I've come to on diet. The above is an excellent mass building formula. The PEDs come in to improve nutrient efficiency. But if the nutrients aren't there, PEDs are worthless or only a temporary boost as opposed to longer term hypertrophy and/or hyperplasia. What good is the sauce if you lose everything weeks after stopping?

In my case, at > 50, I don't want any more size, just less body fat. What I've built isn't going anywhere, PEDs or not. So I follow a very similar protein protocol but do fats instead of carbs for energy. I deplete, replenish, deplete, etc. So carbs are very essential to me as well but especially after a period of carb-fasting.

Training days 350/250/80
Off days 350/40ish/90

Trying a lower carb higher fat approach latley.

At the moment not a lot. Most days around 200-250g.

You don't need massive amounts of protein to build a great (and big) physique but I am willing to bet the majority of guys who think higher protein is a complete waste have never been really big. I see loads of guys say things like you only need 100-150g protein to grow and carbs are protein sparing but 99% of them are not big. Of course there are plenty of big guys on fairly low protein and it's not like you need to be pushing 500g+ to get big. Nevertheless, pushing the protein over time and being on point with everything else will lead to optimal muscle growth.

I’ve found that during a surplus I take 0.6 -1.0 gram of protein per pound of body weight. During a cut 1.0 - 1.4 grams per pound of body weight. I think anymore I’d really over kill. This allowed me to build muscle without the boat and also cut workout the need for drastic reductions in body weight

I really think people (just people in general) overcomplicate protein intake way too much. It's worry and concern for nothing, really. Just get a hefty dose of complete protein at several meals a day and mark it down and be done with it. See what happens and adjust accordingly. There's no "secret of the pros" to be found here.

I really think people (just people in general) overcomplicate protein intake way too much. It's worry and concern for nothing, really. Just get a hefty dose of complete protein at several meals a day and mark it down and be done with it. See what happens and adjust accordingly. There's no "secret of the pros" to be found here.
I absolutely 100% agree with this. It is very simple and people just want or have to overcomplicate it.The other thing people tend to gloss over as well is that you don’t need nearly as much protein to maintain the muscle you’ve built. What I outlined earlier is what I do to gain muscle. Btw, since you mentioned it, the Secrets of the Pros is a pretty good video for anybody who doesn’t understand the basics. It definitely got my head pointed in the right direction when I couldn’t figure out what the hell I was doing wrong. For all intents and purposes I was trying to jam square pegs into circular opening 😂. He explained it so simply that I finally understood what I had been doing wrong because quite frankly I was a dumb young stubborn kid at the time. How nice it would have been to understand such basics when I was in my early 20’s…

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Peterwilliam
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131