advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

how many guys are working out one day on one day off?

bmx5656

Newbies
So the rule of thumb that I have grown up on is one day on one day off. But how many people really do that? I feel like I am holding myself back by doing that, espically when I'm on gear. Also if you are doing one off one on how many sets are you doing? I think it time to change up.

you are opening up a huge can of worms with that question bro. There are more ways people do things than you could ever imagine. The best advice...find what works for you and do it. What works for one does not work for the other in every situation. How long have you been training? Are you stuck is that why you are asking this?

you are opening up a huge can of worms with that question bro. There are more ways people do things than you could ever imagine. The best advice...find what works for you and do it. What works for one does not work for the other in every situation. How long have you been training? Are you stuck is that why you are asking this?

Yea I've been traing for 7 years.. yea I just feel like I should be working out more.. But then the fact that it takes 24hrs for your ns to recover and that's when muscles grow.. But I was think 2 days on 1 day off now..

I've done the following before and had very good growth. It gives you an extra day off to recover...

Day 1: Quads & abs
Day 2: Chest & Tr's
Day 3: OFF
Day 4: Back & Bi's
Day 5: shoulders & traps
Day 6: OFF
Day 7: OFF
Day 8: Hams & Calves
Repeat

It seems like lately I've had too much going on the weekends to be able to training on the weekends, so I'm better off right now training M-F / off on weekends.

I've enjoyed some of my best gains doing the following...

Day 1: Back/Shoulders
Day 2: Chest/Tri/Bi
Day 3: Hams/Glutes
Day 4: OFF
Day 5: Quads/Calves
Day 6: OFF
Day 7: OFF

**But the problem becomes recovery for me. So I can't keep it up too long. And I drop back to 3 days per week at the first signs of over training.

Last edited:
Best gains from DC style training

M: Chest/Shoulder/Tri's/Back Width/Back Thickness
T: off
W: Bis/Forearms/Calves/Hams/Quads
Th: off
Fri:Chest/Shoulder/Tri's/Back Width/Back Thickness
Sat: off
Sun: off
Mon: Chest/Shoulder/Tri's/Back Width/Back Thickness
Continue....

I'm with you on this............

Continue....

This split allows for optimal growth. It takes some getting used to though. I will stick with DC until it won't allow me to.

I like the one on one off schedule but I do 30-45 of treadmill or elliptical on the day off..not every day off but at lest two sometimes 3 of the days off. never longer than 45-50 min workouts.

Just curious, how long are these workouts?

at first it took me around an hour and a half, just to get use to it. but now its about an hour or so...

Mine are......

Just curious, how long are these workouts?

usually 60-85 minutes. It is not a volume workout. So we aren't doing 12 sets per body part. We warm up and do one workset rest paused to failure. For example on the hammer incline for chest i do 3 warm up sets then my workset would look like 415X9+4+2=15 then sometimes a static hold on my strong days. Intense muscle in the dogg pound it explains it super in depth.

at first it took me around an hour and a half, just to get use to it. but now its about an hour or so...

usually 60-85 minutes. It is not a volume workout. So we aren't doing 12 sets per body part. We warm up and do one workset rest paused to failure. For example on the hammer incline for chest i do 3 warm up sets then my workset would look like 415X9+4+2=15 then sometimes a static hold on my strong days. Intense muscle in the dogg pound it explains it super in depth.

Thanks guys. I'm really considering a test drive.

I think if you can't get your w/o done in under an hour or less your doing something wrong. Probably taking to much time between sets or to many sets.

I think if you can't get your w/o done in under an hour or less your doing something wrong. Probably taking to much time between sets or to many sets.

or in the case of DC training....trying to find a damn spotter! :p

Or i could be......

warming up properly to avoid injury. Nowhere in the DC protocol does it say rush around the gym like a mad man. The only time that matters between sets is the 20deep breaths between each rest paused set, and the 3-5 minutes between the quads and widow maker. No where is it stated if u take longer than an hour "You aren't doing DC."

Last edited:
Now now.......

Rooster lets not squabble over DC training.

Right now, I'm doing more like 1 on 2-3 off, I've been to busy to get to the gym. My strength is pretty high though, I'm shocked plus, I can't wait to get back into it!

Continue....

I do Phils workout. But instead of going 3 on and 1 off, I go 5 on and 2 off. Getting in growth cycles as soon as possible is a real winner for me. Only down side is the stretch marks I'm getting. Ugly.
I think the level of intensity is what dictates the amount of recovery time.
I'm only doing just enough to spark a growth response.

Last edited:
I WISH I HAD GUTS ENOUGH TO GO EVERY OTHER DAY!

I HONESTLY BELIEVE I'D MAKE THE BEST GAINS IN MUSCLE IF I WOULD JUST LET MYSELF BE INTELLIGENT FOR A CHANGE! :eek:

Staff online

• Bio
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
HughJass