YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How many guys never do a show because they dont feel big enough to win the overall?

kinglewy

Banned
Curious how many guys want to do a show but know that when dieted completly down and dry your only a bantam or lightweight and dont think there's a chance to win the overall?

I realy want to do a show and have my eye on a couple that aren't too far from me but part of me wants to be bigger first because to be honest how many lightweights take the overall? I have seen a super shredded middle weight take the overall but the light heavy and up came in soft and watery.

Just curious how many others feel klike this also I cant be the only one lol. Love to hear others input and know if you said fuck it and just did a show and landed in whatever weight class you land in?

I'm a heavyweight and that weight class can be pretty stacked so I am just happy to WIN much less the overall:)
but I get what ya mean... I think you should just look at the overall as a cherry on top but not "necessary"
winning any show is a great feat!
-F2S

Last edited:
I know Victor Richards never got serious with shows because he didn't feel good enough and look how amazing he could've been....

Atleast in my area the NPC judges award conditioning farrrrr more than size. Heavyweights very rarely take the overall.

I competed as a novice for my first show last year just to get the feel of competition and how it all works mostly for the experience. I took first in my class but still wouldn't compete again until I was 195-198 on stage.

Then again my opinion differs from many because I love the freak monster look

I'm not satisfied with myself so it's hard to understand why the judges would be. I'm 5'8 190lbs around 9-10% right now. I've gained 40lbs in the past 3 years and consistently gain 9-12lbs per year. I don't see my self stepping on stage until I'm atleast 195-200lbs in condition.

I'm also doing this for health and self confidence. Grew up as a fat kid with low self esteem. I'm in no rush to step on stage but I personally have a goal set in stone that holds me back from even considering it anytime soon.

Btw, that is me in my avatar at 183lbs.

Its funny guys mentioning 195-198 pounds...thats the exact weight I tell myself I should be shredded at to compete, at 5'7 195 completely ripped and dry is an awesome weight...hard part is bulking up to 220-230 maybe to cut all the way down to light heavy...im not one of those guys who can bulk lean for me to get there I would have to push food and gear hard

Planning on overall. Is retarded and u realistic. Setting self up to NOT compete
We are never big enough.... I was 198 last show at 6'0". I'd LOVE to be 210 onstage this year. Unlikely prob. AND still not big enough
If u want to compete. Just do it

Shoot for top 5 if anything
Fuck, I'd LOVE overall too... But one step at a time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you give it your 100% and bring the best possible package you can, if you get on stage IMO you've already won.... Not everyone can do this. Put it this way, what's the WORST thing that can happen??.. you don't place BUT you'll be in the best shape of your life....

I wanted to do a show bad I was about 4 years into training hard felt great had a good body but couldn't do it I started insulin loved it and was growing then I went through a divorce and lost every ounce of will to work out but I wish I would have got on stage everyday

I wanted to do a show bad I was about 4 years into training hard felt great had a good body but couldn't do it I started insulin loved it and was growing then I went through a divorce and lost every ounce of will to work out but I wish I would have got on stage everyday

Never too late

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would compete but im afraid I would get a boner onstage and everyone would think that im gay:(

Apparently you don't know...

I know Victor Richards never got serious with shows because he didn't feel good enough and look how amazing he could've been....
Victor Richard's Competitive Record (Bodybuilding.com)

1992 Nigerian Championships -- 1st and Overall
1989 Mr. Barbados -- 1st
1984 California Gold Cup Classic -- 1st
1983 Teen Los Angeles -- 1st
1982 American Cup -- 2nd

I would compete but im afraid I would get a boner onstage and everyone would think that im gay:(

Are you the same guy that used to go by the handle of "sliced"?

Victor Richard's Competitive Record (Bodybuilding.com)

1992 Nigerian Championships -- 1st and Overall
1989 Mr. Barbados -- 1st
1984 California Gold Cup Classic -- 1st
1983 Teen Los Angeles -- 1st
1982 American Cup -- 2nd

Apparently I DO know... Why didn't he ever go for bigger titles? That's more what I meant...

Like someone else said, start w steps. Shoot for top 5, then shoot to win class, then maybe focus on overall. Progressive improvement. I placed third in class first two shows, then second my third, have taken first my last two. Now im taking break to grow and shooting for usa's 2016.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear