advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How many IF'ers do we have vs other diet strategies?

Which nutritional stragegy have you found to be the most effective?

• Yes! I love IF, works awesome for me!

Votes: 107 35.8%
  • I do multiple small meals a day.

Votes: 55 18.4%
  • I eat 2 -3 lerge meals a day 100+gr protien in them

Votes: 30 10.0%
  • Eating only when Im hungry, not any other time.

Votes: 36 12.0%
  • Eating 6+ meals a day with 60-70 gr protein

Votes: 56 18.7%
  • Eating WTF is that??!!

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • You mean I should have to eat? I just take more drugs

Votes: 13 4.3%

• Total voters
I like IF because if I start eating in the mornings its very hard for me to stop lol.

Has anyone encountered adrenal/thyroid issues since starting IF?

I like IF because if I start eating in the mornings its very hard for me to stop lol.

No but since I follow keto with sporadic carb ups it keeps my hormones in check.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

No but since I follow keto with sporadic carb ups it keeps my hormones in check.

Gotcha. I was hoping you would comment... Being a former fatty I probably don't carb up as often as I should.

PS - I also love my air fryer lol

Last edited:
Gotcha. I was hoping you would comment... Being a former fatty I probably don't carb up as often as I should.

PS - I also love my air fryer lol
Haha I can't stop using it I reminds me of when I was a kid in the eighties playing with the microwave every other hour trying to figure out what else to put in there

Haha I can't stop using it I reminds me of when I was a kid in the eighties playing with the microwave every other hour trying to figure out what else to put in there

Any suggestions on what to cook I just got one!

Any suggestions on what to cook I just got one!
Honestly anything and everything I make steak in there all the time it's amazing

I fast 16 hours a day six days a week. Love it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been doing intermittent fasting for a month, and have lost signficant body fat without a caloric deficit. I can't fully attribute all of the weight loss to the fat mobilizing effects that IF is supposed to have. However, as an eating pattern, it has simplified my eating schedule dramatically, enabling me to control my caloric and macro intake with finesse. Also, still gaining strength.

When I was Young, I guess I was on the "IF".
If I thought it looked Tasty, I ate it.

As I've gotten Older, I've had to rethink that.
So I'm pretty much Low Carb/High Fat/High Protein.
I function better, and my Weight stays in check.................... JP
P.S.
If I ate now, what I ate when I was in my 20's and 30's, you'd be Rolling me down the Street.

P.S.
If I ate now, what I ate when I was in my 20's and 30's, you'd be Rolling me down the Street.

I think you're referring to IIFYM, IF is intermittent fasting.

IIFYM is retarded if trying to optimally gain lean mass lol.

I know this is an OLDER post but yes! Make SURE if you do a fasting protocol, that you use a multivitamin/mineral supplement. One thing I saw when starting IF -I needed more magnesium and was low TSH/T3/T4... so added in iodine and selenium reversed this issue quickly.

When cutting out calories and entire meals you are cutting out sodium, potassium, magnesium, etc and need to be mindful of keeping electrolyte and mineral balance.

Hey HP,

This is the second time you've referenced magnesium/iodine/selenium (also in "Getting more out of less" thread), do you mind sharing what you used - brand specific - and how you used them?

Your body can’t store protein. If you are training you want a constant supply of amino acids available for your muscle cells to use and prevent breakdown. Intermittent fasting doesn’t seem ideal for someone who wants to maintain muscle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anyone tried the latest IF craze? i.e. the one Dr Rhonda Patrick talks about(saw it elsewhere this week as well but was not something I bothered to remember where) recently where you eat your breakfast and the cut off point is at something like 2pm or adapted depending when you wake up etc.. in a way you eat within hours of waking up only.. and somehow fit in with workouts

a better strategy for a higher return?

P.S.

ive basically been eating like this for ten years.

played with various fasting times and only food near training for all but one day a week, if no training i dont eat until later.

i was always big n fat before eating many times ed.
i was one of those always worried about the next meal and cranky if i didnt eat.

eating like this makes getting fat very hard, honestly its really hard, i can eat like shit and not get fat at all! i keep try too! :banghead:

makes life super easy too.

i counld go back to eating all day again.

really some manifestation of this is the answer for 95% of ppl if done... "right" lol:sta:-wars

anyone tried the latest IF craze? i.e. the one Dr Rhonda Patrick talks about(saw it elsewhere this week as well but was not something I bothered to remember where) recently where you eat your breakfast and the cut off point is at something like 2pm or adapted depending when you wake up etc.. in a way you eat within hours of waking up only.. and somehow fit in with workouts

Yes from time to time I move my eating window, this is following the natural circadian rhythm and there is science behind it.

The problem with this is due to natural appetite, it's really easy to cruise from waking (6am) to noon with no food. I can do that really easily, then still have food before and after training. Shifting the eating window to early AM means you're hanging out at home in the evening, 7pm or so until 10pm, starving, fighting the urge to eat. To me, not eating the second half of the day would be much harder. I'm naturally not all that hungry in the AM. This is me personally. But that time is more of trouble zone for me. Cutting out eating second half of the day would be more difficult.

Last edited:
The problem with this is due to natural appetite, it's really easy to cruise from waking (6am) to noon with no food. I can do that really easily, then still have food before and after training. Shifting the eating window to early AM means you're hanging out at home in the evening, 7pm or so until 10pm, starving, fighting the urge to eat. To me, not eating the second half of the day would be much harder. I'm naturally not all that hungry in the AM. This is me personally. But that time is more of trouble zone for me. Cutting out eating second half of the day would be more difficult.

I was always a big breakfast person. In 2011 I began IFing and because I was in college I found it SO convenient to have my window be 8/9-4/5. Basically could eat breakfast, lunch, and an early dinner after classes and be done and able to socialize/study/whatever without thinking about food. Loved it. No more bringing protein shakes out with me lol.

Once I started using gear and T3 for a few cuts I found my hunger to be insane (and it was already higher than most). Ending at 5pm was now terrible and I had so many nights of temptation to just binge because I was starving by the time I went to sleep. In 2013/2014 I switched to roughly 12-8pm and that's worked out perfectly and is still very convenient as I don't have to worry about making and eating a full meal before work.

I love IF...I have gotten shredded and had nice lean gains on IF both while on cycle snack and off.....I have always done some form of IF my whole life. I have always responded well to it since I was a kid

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear