YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How many mg's of test do you usually run?

How many mg's of test do you typically run for growing?

• 250-500mg

Votes: 541 30.4%
  • 500mg-1000mg

Votes: 919 51.6%
  • 1000mg-1500mg

Votes: 218 12.2%
  • 1500mg-2000mg

Votes: 45 2.5%
  • 2000mg-3000mg

Votes: 32 1.8%
  • 3000mg and above

Votes: 25 1.4%

• Total voters
1000-1500mg for me. I don't know a single person that I train with that is under 1g. 1-2g is a normal dose for my sport (PL), but it isn't too uncommon to see 3-4g. I say anything over 2g is "high", but as long as health stays in check who cares?

intersting topic, i am curious to know what everyone else uses or thinks.
i think about 4-500 works best but thats just my opinion.

Feel the best overall at 200mg/week, highest dosage I've ever been was 1200mgs - bloat, HBS, hairy oily body and I don't know if it's just me but on such high dosage of test I cannot concentrate (this year decided finally to finish my studies). Best cycle for me - everything in moderate - 600mg to no more than 800mg test, 400mg eq and 150-225 tren or 30-50mg dbal/anadrol.

currently using half of schering E a wk, most ever used was 1a day/7days a wk. bumping upto 750 next month.

i usually go no higher than 500-600.. i did venture into the 750 range a few times and just did not feel good.. general feeling of weakness and unease.. i recently tried one more time to venture higher.. i used 500 test cyp and 150 tren, eq at 500.. actually looked th best i have in a while.. did get thicker quick.. but at the 8 week mark the bp went high.. felt like crap.. tired all the time.. said "i give up".. am doing things different.. similar to hawkmoon..

will go no higher than 400 test (300 most of the time) and will add in gear that is more anabolic in nature in shorter cycles.. (eq, mast, oral turinabol) ect. since dropping down to 300 test i feel much better.. more energy.. i just am not made to run higher dosages.. i have always proposed lower dosages and the last attempt out of curiousity is my last.. right now is 300 test cyp and 50 mgs proviron and 12 mgs aromasin..

as for diminshing returns.. i think for me 500-600 is the point of diminishing returns for me.. the side are not worth it.. i have always felt better on anabolic based than androgenic.. so i will go back to that route..

and hawk moon is right.. test gets used alot .. it is cheap and effective.. but as i stated in the previous test thread it can cause a lot of sides that are unpleasant once you venture too high.. other compounds can help this (aromasin, proscar ect ect but they can have sides too)

last night i had a conversation with a nabba/aau competitor from the 80's and very early 90's.. great guy.. some of the you who followed that game back then would know him.. we started to talk gear and he said "i hated test..only used a small amount to keep things running.. ".. i asked him what he used instead.. he used quite a bit of orals in short cycles.. 6 weeks on, 6 weeks off.. (dont recommend).. said test was "a dirty drug" lol.. but even he used 250 mgs a week.. by the way.. the guy is in his 50's.. and still built like a brick shit house..lol

I usually stay away from stuff like this these days, but this is somewhat tempting.....

1. Where do you think the point of diminishing returns is with test? (ie when do you feel side effects or gains are no longer possible w out sever sides)

IMO, for most, this will be around 1500 mg qwk. I know a lot of guys on this thread are saying that they grow just as good on 500 mg but I have to call bullshit on that. It has been very clearly proven both anecdotally and clinically that the effects of T are dose dependent. Meaning the greater the dose the greater the effect. At some point this has to plane off. This happens somewhere around 1500mg for practical purposes. Even people like Lats who hate test ;) will admit they grow more on more test. Maybe you can't "tolerate" it for whatever reason (which I am suspicious of), but it is pure physiology and there is no such thing as some people who grow more off more test and some who don't. Everyone grows more off more T, period.

Guy I knew who was an engineer actually extrapolated the dose dependent increases in the famous T study where guys were given up to 600mg qwk for 16 weeks. Not saying it means anything, but he came up w/ 1500 mg as well in his calculations based on the dose response curve. Does that mean 2000 mg will not produce more effect than 1500 mg? No, T is dose dependent like I said, its just that the small increase in efficacy does not warrant a higher dose past that point.

Of course you have the possibility of post mediated growth w/ multi gram dosages, but this is not practical even if it occurs. When people are talking about you winning the Olympia then you can decide on whether you want to do crazy shit like that. But honestly, if you can't be in serious contention for a pro card @ 1500 mg T qwk along with some of the usual additions, then you should probably give up on your bodybuilding dreams.

I'm not saying that amount is needed, it depends on the person, but you have to set reasonable limits. You have guys on here trying to win a state show on a gram + of test a week. If you have to try that hard you are better off quitting now. Its ridiculous what some of these guys do to attempt to overcome the fact that they have no talent for bodybuilding. I won the NPC state open overall as a teenager having never used never more than 200 mg T qwk at that point. I just saw a good friend of mine tonight @ Gold's who won the overall at the nationals on no higher than 750 mg qwk, which a lot of you won't believe. But he's a short fucker who had all the mass he needed for that level w/ that dose, so why go higher? He's also very gifted genetically. I think a lot of guys here have never been around really good genetics, knowing for sure what they are doing drug wise. But people don't want to believe it because they would have to admit to themselves that they have shit for talent in bodybuilding. Then who would they be? :confused:

2. Do you take anti e's no matter what dose or only on higher doses?

Yes. AIs are a part of normal HRT protocol. Dose is titrated obviously depending on T.

3. what do you personally think is a "high dose" of test

I will say a high dose of T is 1 gm qwk. I think if we get to the point that 1 gram of T is not considered a "high dose" then that's just pathetic. Most people in the 80s never went higher than 400-500 mg, many just 200-250mg, and they built plenty of muscle. If you couldn't do well on fairly low-moderate doses then you just didn't do well. You didn't have people in droves trying to overcome their lack of talent with drugs like you do now.

4. what dose do you think is too small to reap any benefits from?

Depends on the benefit. You can maintain quite a bit of muscle on 200mg that you would not maintain otherwise so to me that's a benefit. You'll only grow so much at that dose though obviously, which probably happened not long after you first started. Of course true HRT doses are lower and benefit those people. 50-100mg can benefit depending on who you are.

Rex.

only done a few cycle tbh and they were orals, when using test always had something thats made me stop at week 3-8 lol (personal problem so just stoped...not sides lol)

but planning on using 600mg a week for few months , say 3 months ish , then up to 800mg for few months see how that goes prop for 4 months , then go to 1g for some more months

on dbol atm so when test arrives it would be dbol and 600mg test, once i get to 800mg test ill add 50mg winny

thats the plan anyway.

edit: im not the biggest , leanest or experienced. but we all know more gear=more gains. Might not be safest, Or sensible, but ultimitly its true lol

Last edited:
1. Where do you think the point of dimminishing returns is with test? (ie when do you feel side effects or gains are no longer possible w out sever sides)

IMO - EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT SO, TO EACH PERSON THAT MIGHT BE A DIFFERNT DOSE...AND IT COULD BE ANYWHERE FROM 500-1500MG OR EVEN MORE....FOR ME PERSONALLY I THINK RIGHT AROUND 1200MG PER WEEK, WAS A GREAT DOSE, TO GROW ON...I'VE DONE HIGHER DOSES, AND THE SIDES (BLOAT, B.P., ECT) WERE REALLY BAD...BUT TREN CAUSE MY BP TO GO HIGH, SO THAT COULDVE BEEN THE CAUSE TO

DONT ALWAYS TAKE A ANTI E, BUT ARIMADEX IS MY ANTI E OF CHOICE...NORMALLY WILL START OUT SMALLER DOSES ON ANTI E, WHEN MY TEST DOSE IS AROUND 500MG...I MIGHT START A DEX AT 1MG PER WEEK (SPLIT UP TO 2 DOSES DURING THE WEEK)

3. what do you personally think is a "high dose" of test?

FOR ME IT WOULD BE AROUND 1800MG OR HIGHER....BUT IVE SEEN GUYS RUN HIGHER AND GET SOME GREAT GAINS OFF IF IT...

HONESTLY, IF YOU CAN RUN 250MG PER WEEK....I DO BELIEVE YOU COULD GROW OFF OF THAT TO...BUT NOT AS MUCH AS 500MG OR 1000MG, ECT, ECT...I THINK EVEN A SMALL AMOUNT OF TEST, IS GONNA HELP YOU GROW TO A DEGREE...AS LONG AS DIET, AND TRAINING IS GOOD...

YI'm in Japan so I should prolly eat natto , but it makes me gag ;-)

That stuff is nasty.

I've tried several times just because of the reputed health benefits, but I can't stomach even, no matter how much I try to cover up the taste and hold my nose to avoid the smell.

i think anywhere from 1-2 g is the norm amongst most national level guys. Note, I say the NORM. Some do more, some less. I've gone as high as 2500 offseason. Precontest, I'll actually drop it to 1250 or so cuz I'm running other compounds to bring my total mg up. Offseason, I just do test, insulin, maybe gh if i can afford.

No contests for me, but Ive been slowly bulking for over 3 years now. I havent ran over 600mg a week. I throw in some orals for a boost. But I like to keep focus on my diet alot more lately and have seen great gains on and off cycle.

how much test do you run when in contest prep or in growth cycle? (not including other compounds just test)
Feel free to keep this thread anonomous i just thought it would be interesting to see the poll results.

some additional questions:

1. Where do you think the point of dimminishing returns is with test? (ie when do you feel side effects or gains are no longer possible w out sever sides)
I run only 500-600. I still gain, so see no need to run higher.
Ever since gettin gyno from a prohormone cycle... I do.
Anything over a Gram
Anything under TRT dose. With hardcore training and correct diet, you can gain from 250ish. Not crazy gains. But gains nonetheless.
might do a follow-up poll on total mg's used. right now i am just curious about how everyone runs their test.
-JS

When on 1200mg ew. otherwise 300mg ew for HRT. Being honest I feel a lot better when on 1200mgs and I have no side effects at all to speak of. BP when on 1200 is low 120's /mid 70's and at 300 low 110's / high 60's.

So far i have not expieranced this. The higher i have gone the more gains i have gotten. I respond excellent to test. Test is all i run.
Yes, however i adjust the dose of the AI depending on how high the test dose is.
Hard to answer this one, i only consider the dose "high" when side effects or blood panels get screwed up, and growing could be done just as easily on a lower dose.
below 250/wk

might do a follow-up poll on total mg's used. right now i am just curious about how everyone runs their test.
-JS

I think you should. I feel like some of the guys taking 500mg of test and bashing ppl for taking a higher test dose shouldn't be talking if they happen to be running a plethora of other injectables along with it :rolleyes:

Currently running 1200mg test cyp a week, 2 IU's gh (5 on, 2 off), and 75mg A-bomb ED. In my 20+ years of juicing, this is the most I've ever done in a cycle. And honestly, I don't like the way I feel. Very lethargic all of the time and a general feeling of ill well-being. Seriously considering dropping the test down to 600mg a week, and dropping the oral all together. I'm also considering making this the last bulking cycle I will ever do. I'm 58 y/o, 6', 291 lbs. I usually compete around 220-225, so at my age, there is no reason to carry around that kind of mass in the off season.

Currently running 1200mg test cyp a week, 2 IU's gh (5 on, 2 off), and 75mg A-bomb ED. In my 20+ years of juicing, this is the most I've ever done in a cycle. And honestly, I don't like the way I feel. Very lethargic all of the time and a general feeling of ill well-being. Seriously considering dropping the test down to 600mg a week, and dropping the oral all together. I'm also considering making this the last bulking cycle I will ever do. I'm 58 y/o, 6', 291 lbs. I usually compete around 220-225, so at my age, there is no reason to carry around that kind of mass in the off season.
Damn dude your a big guy.

In the beginning (first 3 cycles) it seems as though most can can decent benefit between 4-500 ...and of course depends on individual size, the ester, if it's stacked, and how well the gear is dosed.

Wow... that seems like a lot at 58. What's your bf?. Props to being bad ass enough to handle your gear like that.

maybe i need a few more years in the game before i can have any sort of credibility here. The most test i've ever run was 975mg/wk. with other compunds i've never been above 1300mg/wk.

BUT, the more test I take, the bigger i get, the stronger i get, and the better i feel...i've not had the chance to venture into the big doses yet, so we'll see how I feel then.

5'10 210lbs @7% (I never go above 10% bf - for the health and for the look...Plus, it means I only have to 'diet' for a few weeks to be ready for a show...just the way I like to do it. I respect other methods, too.)

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws