advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How many mg's of test do you usually run?

How many mg's of test do you typically run for growing?

• 250-500mg

Votes: 541 30.4%
  • 500mg-1000mg

Votes: 919 51.6%
  • 1000mg-1500mg

Votes: 218 12.2%
  • 1500mg-2000mg

Votes: 45 2.5%
  • 2000mg-3000mg

Votes: 32 1.8%
  • 3000mg and above

Votes: 25 1.4%

• Total voters
500mg..I cycle for cosmetic purposes only, no need for AI's at this dosage. As for "diminishing returns" or "unsafe dosages" I think its subjective and will vary from person to person depending on YOUR goals and YOUR body's ability to adapt and respond to AAS. You know the sayin' whats good for the goose....

I alternate doses all the time. As mentioned more test = more growth. I've been as high as 3g a week of testosterone. I didn't feel well at all on that dose although I did grow for the 8 weeks until my BP reached 138/88 which is unacceptable to me. I prefer to grow through synergystic use of compounds now and I'm currently the heaviest and in the best shape I've ever been in. I'm using CJC / GHRP, MGF, IGF, 600mg Test and 600mg Deca. I'm 5'9 and 271lbs with clearly visible abs. I have no doubt more test would lead to more growth.
The last time I took a break on 300mg of test and 75mg of Tren EOD and maintained 250lbs from a starting weight of 260lbs.

Never gone over 500mg/wk. I gained more my last cycle on 350mg/wk Test Prop EOD than I did on 500mg/wk with my diet in order.

I'll only increase doses once gains stop.

GREAT INFO GUYS

good pool of information.
since this is an anonomous poll i would like to think we are all being honest (atleast with our vote on the poll:)) and i must say i am a bit surprised.
so many people talk about how everyone is banging a ton of drugs but maybe they aren't.
-JS

Last edited:
Wow... that seems like a lot at 58. What's your bf?. Props to being bad ass enough to handle your gear like that.

Hey Diesel. You are correct sir, that is a shit load of gear!!! And as I said, in all my years of cycling, the most I've ever done!!! My bf is around 16%, based on calipers. I have been blessed when it comes to side effects. Never had an issue with gyno, blood pressure always stays acceptable on or off, and bloodwork is good. I do show a little excess protein in my urine, but doctor says not enough to be worried about. But as I said before, I think how I feel in general outweighs the benefits of the higher doses.

Hey Diesel. You are correct sir, that is a shit load of gear!!! And as I said, in all my years of cycling, the most I've ever done!!! My bf is around 16%, based on calipers. I have been blessed when it comes to side effects. Never had an issue with gyno, blood pressure always stays acceptable on or off, and bloodwork is good. I do show a little excess protein in my urine, but doctor says not enough to be worried about. But as I said before, I think how I feel in general outweighs the benefits of the higher doses.
I agree 1200mgs for me isn't shit. Maybe because I've done so much over the yrs past. As I said i actually feel better on the higher dose with no side effects. My B/F is around 13%.

The only noticeable difference for me between 500 mgs and a gram a week is increased fat loss. For me it least, higher doses of test seem to lean me up more, but I honestly don't feel it helps much for additional muscle growth. I'm one of the lucky ones that just doesn't hold much water using test, no matter how high the dose or the ester.

good pool of information.
since this is an anonomous poll i would like to think we are all being honest (atleast with our vote on the poll:)) and i must say i am a bit surprised.
so many people talk about how everyone is banging a ton of drugs but maybe they aren't.
-JS

I'm banging ton of drugs but not really test....:)

ok ok

I'm banging ton of drugs but not really test....:)

maybe its time for my follow up thread about TOTAL mg's used at a time...
i will give this thread a bit longer and give everyone a chance to answer then start another thread...
-JS

Currently running 1200mg test cyp a week, 2 IU's gh (5 on, 2 off), and 75mg A-bomb ED. In my 20+ years of juicing, this is the most I've ever done in a cycle. And honestly, I don't like the way I feel. Very lethargic all of the time and a general feeling of ill well-being. Seriously considering dropping the test down to 600mg a week, and dropping the oral all together. I'm also considering making this the last bulking cycle I will ever do. I'm 58 y/o, 6', 291 lbs. I usually compete around 220-225, so at my age, there is no reason to carry around that kind of mass in the off season.

hey bro, could we see some pics or have a link ? 220-225 onstage at 58 years young is HUGE !!!

I alternate doses all the time. As mentioned more test = more growth. I've been as high as 3g a week of testosterone. I didn't feel well at all on that dose although I did grow for the 8 weeks until my BP reached 138/88 which is unacceptable to me. I prefer to grow through synergystic use of compounds now and I'm currently the heaviest and in the best shape I've ever been in. I'm using CJC / GHRP, MGF, IGF, 600mg Test and 600mg Deca. I'm 5'9 and 271lbs with clearly visible abs. I have no doubt more test would lead to more growth.
The last time I took a break on 300mg of test and 75mg of Tren EOD and maintained 250lbs from a starting weight of 260lbs.

nice to see ya on here....

1. Where do you think the point of dimminishing returns is with test?
Dunno The highest 3-4wk blast I've ever done I felt great.(just over a gram)

2. Do you take anti e's no matter what dose or only on higher doses?
Yes, Adex.

3. what do you personally think is a "high dose" of test?
Depends on the person, I know some pro's that 2-2.5g is the "norm".

4. what dose do you think is too small to reap any benefits from?
Depends on what other compounds You run with it.

guys.. this is where genetics comes into play.. the more gear you can take (responsibily) with no real sides then better off you are as for as building muscle.. if you respond well to 500 mgs of test 600 will get you better results.. it is how your body handles it that determines your dosages.. or should.. some guys get no bp issues with 1000mgs.. i do.. some guys get no real bloat issues even when they forego anti e's.. i do.. so welcome to genetics 101..;)

i am off cycle for the past 3nhalf months so i`ll prolly start with 400mgs and lets see where does it takes me..

However if a person does 2-12 to 16 weekers in a year with proper PCT in between with 8-10 weeks off he will certainly respond to 500mgs - 750mgs/week...and later on (after even few good years 1000mg).... just my opinion.

But if he wants to carry on a NON STOP cycle for as long as he can(if diet and training is excellent), then all he can do is keep bumping up doses... AS AND WHEN HE PLATEAUS... until he reaches his 3000mg mark.... what else can he do otherwise? fighting against body`s "adaptive resistance" or rather the time when body starts plateauing (with excellent PROGRESSIVE DIET and TRAINING) creating greater demands of AAS....RELATIVELY BIGGER SHOCKS IN TERMS OF DOSAGE which goes as HOLDING HANDS with HIGHER DEGREE OF SIDE EFFECTS .....but here is another "catch 22"..... the kind of gains one gets from adminstering 1000mg-2000mg will be lesser than when he went from 0mg to 1000mg and going from 2000mg to 3000mg were significantly lesser than from 1000mg - 2000mg,as gains seems go downwards, side effects seem to go upwards.
so a well thought out cycle planing is an important factor.

the reason i said 3000mg is that a few steroid expert (heavyiron or Dr Pangloss...please ask them they have the document and calculation of dissociation constant.) on another site, around 6 months back they showed me a clinical study write up where it was proved that going beyond 3000mg of Testosterone = no extra growth. So it was concluded that at 3000mg super saturation of receptors occurs beyond which, you reach upto "NOTHING NESS" + side effects

when a person goes beyond from 3000mg to 4000mg or 7000mg no extra muscle growth is seen.
then when combos or stacks are used (Testosterone and Tren) this number goes even lower because trenbolone has higher receptor affinty than testosterone, so it was calculated that 1500mg of testosterone + 450mg tren will super saturate the receptors.. i dont know the numbers with the other anabolics.

it was calculated in a clinical study (Dr pangloss) that when a 225pounds (lean body mass) bodybuilder uses 2500mg of anabolic steroid " the "dissociation constant" was found to be 50 times higher than a natural male athelete, ( *dont remember the exact number but it was somewhat around 2500mg)

so if someone comes up says that bigger the muscle = higher will the number of receptors, and with repeated use of AAS androgenic receptors proliferate and increase in number.

lets assume the same 225 lbs bodybuilder "doubles" his number of receptors(which is unlikely to happen) the dissociation constant is still is 25 times higher than a normal male athelete.

and it has been calculated that a "dissociation constant" "4 to 5 times" higher than a natural male athlete is more than enough to produce Significant Muscle growth in ideal conditions.

Now with all of this stuff, if someone questions... that what if a bodybuilder starts directly from 2000mg test/week....then he will have very less room for improvement, than a person who starts with 500mg/week....b-boy explains this very well

for someone new to AAS (in my opinion) should understand that building 75-100 pounds of musclemass in a year is not possible, it takes arounds 5 to 8 years, so one should think like a busnissman who thinks in terms of making as much profit as possible, not everyone is mean`t to be 270lbs with 4 percent bodyfat, (even not possible for Mark Dugdale...lol) but after 4 to 5 years of properly cycling devoted specifically towards "muscle building ONLY" (assuming he makes slow increments in doses on a yearly basis) with perfect diet and training in sequence with his cycling AAS use:- the person will become aware of 2 things.

1. What will be his status as a body builder(middle weight or light heayweight or heavy weight or super heavy weight),
2. He will certainly become aware of "the point of dimnishing returns" AAS dosage wise, to which he must stick to all his life, and plan his cycles in such away that he does not need to exceed "the point of dimnishing returns" AAS dosage.

so the best advise is to follow follow b-boy`s advise... its like keep using the lowest dose ex 500mg with "cycle on" and "cycle off" method and when the dose stops giving significant gains, its time to bump up the dose may be 750 grams and then keep using it with the same "cycle on" "cycle off" method, doing this will make sure he will not lose a growth oppurtunity on a particular dose... and even after years you will still have a have a huge room of improvement.

Supplemets supporting general health, Mainly cardiovascular support (Aspirin, Niacin, CQ10, fish-oil capsules, etc) Liver supports and ACE inhibitors if needed for blood pressure, will some what keep you "relatively" healtheir....in my opinion.

Last edited:
TENNY IM READY TO SEE YOUR THOUGHTS ON TEST.

Id like to see Tennys thoughts on this awell! I'm all ears for anyones ideas

2. Do you take anti e's no matter what dose or only on higher doses?

Yes. AIs are a part of normal HRT protocol. Dose is titrated obviously depending on T.

Rex.

Titrated, haha. I just had a visual of you literally titrating an exact dose of 12.5mg Aromasin out of a long glass titration tube. Too funny.

ok.....i'm just gonna throw in some
things about test AND ME

i am NOT speaking for anyone else
or is this scientific fact, these are
just my experiences with test
at MY personal level in the sport

(very individual and selfish sport i may add:(...)

-test is a base for EVERY SINGLE cycle
peeps who dont do this are fooling themselves
-different test compounds ARE DIFFERENT
so peeps that say "test is test" are fooling themselves
-test should NEVER be "dropped" before a show..
peeps who do....always say...."i was flat"
well ya....no shit....you just blasted 1500 a week to now nothing, duh
-masteron should be used everytime test is used
proviron can also be substitued for this OR ADDED
-there is absolutely NO fucking reason why you cant grow from 500mg a week
will more mg produce more lbs????...the answer is NO!!!!!
you wanna know what does????.......FOOD!!!!!!!!survey says #1 answer!!!
you know what else????......TIME!!!!!ding,ding,ding #2 answer!!!!!
along with everything else you gotta do:p.....train, sleep, supps, little this
little that.....blablabla

now.....i'm NOT gonna tell you what i do, because it means NOTHING
to anybody except ME

i will tell you..... competition time mgs go up (on certain compounds)
off season they come down

i'll come back and touch base later

Thank you Tenny.:D

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75