advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How many of you are on a no or low carb diet ??

Fitness 500

Banned
I've been on a low carb diet for a month now and I've noticed that I don't have as much energy through the day and during my workouts that I had when I ate more carbs.

Carbs seem to be a double standard for me. If I eat certain carbs such as oatmeal in the morning I feel bloated and I can't keep my eyes open all morning, but sweet potatos don't seem to do much to me at all.

I just wanted to know if anyone has had a good experience for a low or no carb diet and the reason you chose to change.

before i started eating alot of fruit i was only getting 50-75g a day generaly just two meals , i felt ok with that , pumps were hard to get but i functioned fine , oats and rice and other carbs bloat the hell out of my gut

now i'm getting 200 or so a day but its almost all through fruit and i feel great

I always run a palumbo style diet during the summer. I feel great on this style of diet and can even gain strength. The first couple weeks can feel kind of rocky but my body seems to adjust after that. I train dc style and I think that's the key with low carb diets you have to keep the volume low.

I just wanted to know if anyone has had a good experience for a low or no carb diet and the reason you chose to change.

Good results? Yes. Good experience? he'll no!
Lol. I hate low/no carb diets.

i get in a lot of complex carbs during the day. stop eating them after 5. this is not super strict, i will still drink milk and stuff. i just wont eat a bowl of pasta or rice for example. it seems to be working for me, i have dropped 20 lbs since july

You've given no detail about your diet. Saying low carb offers us nothing as to why you have no energy.

Done right, you should feel great.

Done improperly, you will feel like shit.

I've done low (-150g) and no (-30g a day) carb diets a lot.
The way I see it is if you're not eating carbs you're eating fat and fats can be just as good if not better for energy than carbs. Choosing the right ones for you is key... personally for me coconut or coconut oil work great. So do monounsats like almonds and what not. Play around and see what works for you.
Take it easy on the stims too. If you're dieting and feeling shitty it could be cause you're over doing the caffeine or whatever else and not the food you're eating. OR because you're not hydrated.. Take a look at everything.

i personally have never really felt the "no energy" low carb feeling before and i have done low/no carbs lots of times. Right now im doing Lyle McDonald's UD 2.0 where 3 days are VERY low cals and VERY low carbs. Still have energy and strength to workout.

I have recently tried to go the carb-route in order to hopefully preserve muscle mass but after doing both AND being a former big boy, my body just responds well to low carbs.

You've given no detail about your diet. Saying low carb offers us nothing as to why you have no energy.

Done right, you should feel great.

Done improperly, you will feel like shit.

This is what I had today and plan on eating this evening:

1. 6am 6 egg omlet with bacon and american cheese
2. 10am 2 cup cottage cheese
3. 12pm 2 chicken breasts
4. 3pm Peanut butter and Jam on whole wheat
5. 5:30 (pre-workout) 4oz slice ham
6. 8pm 2 t-bone steaks
7. 10pm 2 cup cottage cheese

It's all protein. I feel shitty when I get the majority of my calories from one macronutrient... if you're cutting carbs, a small amount of good fats should replace them at each meal. Say you normally eat 30g of carbs per meal, substitute for 16g of fat. Hard to make a blanket statement, everyone's an individual with different caloric needs, but you'll feel better balancing out your protein intake... your body might even be trying to convert protein to glucose, and that's not an optimal environment to be in.

I follow a CKD and have never really felt run down any more then usual. The high carbs days definitely help with that. I have been running this since December and have dropped about 25lbs mostly bf.

i've notice carb cycling where you have a mixture of low,med, and 1 high carb day have worked the best for me.

when doing a strict CKD those first three weeks are rough then after your body adapts, its not that bad.

I do like doing low volume when I have a strict carb count as my muscle endurance is way down.

I've done zero carb diets and I lost lots of fat fast, but I lost as much muscle as fat and ended up looking scrawny. It takes a long time to learn how many carbs you can consume and which carb sources are best to keep most of your muscle and lose fat.

only carbs I get are from fruits and veg...seems to work best for me....

Low carb for me, I feel freakin great. On the weekends, i enjoy myself though.

During the week, my diet looks like this, give or take.

6am - train.

7am - 50 gram whey protein shake **Mixed with 1/2 cup oatmeal & 1/2 cup bran, 1 TB EVOO* I feel freaking great ever since I have upped my fiber/bran. Going to live by this as I get older!

7:30am - 4-5 eggs with Greek yogurt / 1 tablespoon almond butter

At this point I am completly full and feel great, pipes work great as well so I don't feel stuffed at all. Extra bran and fiber is the way to go

10am - green apple

12pm - Greek salad with feta + 7 ounce of meat or fish (any kind) + 5 stalks of Asparagus (olive oil and garlic)

3pm - 1/2 cup berries (any kind) + hand full almonds

5pm - 50 Gram protein shake + 1/2 cup bran

7:30pm - Greek salad with feta + 7 ounce of meat or fish (any kind) + broccoli and a couple of glasses of wine

11pm - casien protein OR a green tea/ laxative tea / (pending how I feel)

That's it for me! Pretty simple and I feel great!

Last edited:
Low carb for me, I feel freakin great. On the weekends, i enjoy myself though.

During the week, my diet looks like this, give or take.

6am - train.

7am - 50 gram whey protein shake **Mixed with 1/2 cup oatmeal & 1/2 cup bran, 1 TB EVOO* I feel freaking great ever since I have upped my fiber/bran. Going to live by this as I get older!

7:30am - 4-5 eggs with Greek yogurt / 1 tablespoon almond butter

At this point I am completly full and feel great, pipes work great as well so I don't feel stuffed at all. Extra bran and fiber is the way to go

10am - green apple

12pm - Greek salad with feta + 7 ounce of meat or fish (any kind) + 5 stalks of Asparagus (olive oil and garlic)

3pm - 1/2 cup berries (any kind) + hand full almonds

5pm - 50 Gram protein shake + 1/2 cup bran

7:30pm - Greek salad with feta + 7 ounce of meat or fish (any kind) + broccoli and a couple of glasses of wine

11pm - casien protein OR a green tea/ laxative tea / (pending how I feel)

That's it for me! Pretty simple and I feel great!

That diet seems low in calories and low in Protein.

You must sit on the bowl a lot with all that fiber and laxative tea.

I've been doing a diet like this ...

meal 1 - 2 scp. whey pro blend, 2 packets flavored oatmeal (maple, brown sugar)

meal 2 - 8oz. Lean ground beef or Sirlon steak, 1 cup white rice

meal 3- same as meal 2

meal 4 - 10oz. White fish (talipia), 1 cup white rice, or 1 large poatote (cut into slices and baked in oven)

meal 5 - 2 scp. Casein protein, 2 tbsp natural penut butter (make into a pudding)

meal 6 - (if up later) 5 whole eggs *(most of the time, I dont eat this meal)

Note - post workout I have 2 scp. Hydro whey, then have meal 4 (30 mins later) If no workout, no hydro whey.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws