over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How many of you bros count calories?

blaze918

Registered
Hey my professional muscle brothers,
the title says it all, how many you guys count your calories on a daily bases? (not just when cutting up) I've been keeping track of what I eat but I'm thinking about taking it to the next level of tracking calories.
Thanks for the responses.

I write down what ive eaten-macros and calories just about every day.

I eat between 4k and 4.5k per day depending on my level of activity and how hungry I am. Ive managed to lose 51# since late August-early Sept with about 20# to go. I would recommend it as you can adjust your caloric needs based on what you see in the mirror and its as simple as looking back at the past week or two.

I'll usually add up what I eat in livestrong once or twice a month to make sure I am on the right track. Also, when I switch from bulking to cutting I'll count for a few days.

I don't compete and probably never will otherwise I would consider counting more often. I realized it is best not to stress over diet too much as it can really take over your life (it took over mine for awhile). I just eat as clean as I can, without passing up social opportunities, etc on account of diet.

It really just comes down to goals..

Never that's probably why I'll never compete I'd much rather be big than shredded but to each there own. Saying that I tend to watch what I eat cheat once or twice a week nut never counting calories just grams of protein

Blaze,

I do.

When it's time to start prepping for a show, it makes it so much easier if you know what you have been doing, so you can gradually decrease some cals, carbs or fats, and then measure the results by the mirror.

It's really not hard to do, because we all tend to be "repeat eaters", plus it makes you measure things, instead of just having some chicken and rice, you will now know you just ate 7 oz chicken and 2 cups rice.

Try it out and see what you learn.

Peace,

Mack

the title says it all, how many you guys count your calories on a daily bases? (not just when cutting up) I've been keeping track of what I eat but I'm thinking about taking it to the next level of tracking calories.

Never but I don't compete. I just eat a ton of good food. And fat loss comes very easy naturally. But I eat extremely clean all year round.

I count my calories. Cant say Im perfect about it but damn well close

I'll usually add up what I eat in livestrong once or twice a month to make sure I am on the right track. Also, when I switch from bulking to cutting I'll count for a few days.

I don't compete and probably never will otherwise I would consider counting more often. I realized it is best not to stress over diet too much as it can really take over your life (it took over mine for awhile). I just eat as clean as I can, without passing up social opportunities, etc on account of diet.

It really just comes down to goals..

Same here

I have been doing it for years. Just a rough count. I never eat out so it's relatively easy for me to keep track.

Like someone mentioned, it makes dieting that much easier because you know where you are already.

-Premium

I use to di everything to the EXACT point...like if it was .1 grams over I would take .1g off but since I've transfer to a new university I have fallen behind everything. Its been my worse year of Bodybuilding!!!

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

I only count Macros.

Protein and Fat that i count.

Carbs not...

^^^ that....only macros counted, but yes, i count the carbs too lol, that is part of macros lol.......im sure if i ever tried to compete id count cals, or maybe not...idk...... honestly, the calories change by the day and week for me depending on a variety of factors...sometimes i need more cals sometimes less...i just listen to my body...if it isnt hungry except for 3-4x for small little meals, then thats what i feed it...if it is hungry for cals, sometimes ill eat 6 7 8x a day...everything changes by tha day for me...DEF on training days, ESPECIALLY legs i will probably consume atleast 1k more cals if not more than non training days...

Last edited:
Not really, although I've been doing this long enough to know pretty much what I'm taking in. Also, I don't compete.

yep always count calories

Whats more important calories, or macros. Ive been doing macros and it seems to be working but when you do the weight of the food x4 for P/c and x9 for fat it doesnt always add up to what the product states.

No , and it shows....
.....the other day I was asked if I do strong man competitions....

Calorie counting is a must in my opinion.

I see far too many people thinking that by eating "clean" foods, they wont get fat. They think if they shove down lots of typical bodybuilding foods (eggs, oats, steak, ect.) then they are in the clear. In the end, they just end up looking a fat and bloated mess.

Calorie counting is a must in my opinion.

I see far too many people thinking that by eating "clean" foods, they wont get fat. They think if they shove down lots of typical bodybuilding foods (eggs, oats, steak, ect.) then they are in the clear. In the end, they just end up looking a fat and bloated mess.

Maybe its only me.
but I find it is very hard to overeat on real clean foods.

I just make sure I am hitting enough grams of protien per day

Not calories so much, maybe more when dieting. I just make sure I hit my macros, or at least within a close range. If I feel like I'm starting to put on too much fat I just reel back the carbs a bit.

Staff online

• Bio
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
HughJass