advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How many of you feel unwelcome in your Gym you train at?

I kinda like getting on some of their nerves because some of them are certainly getting on mine… so that makes us even :D … you know, those people that wear big dark glasses in the gym and there are no windows? The posers, the "air" boxers, the guys skipping rope right in the middle of the weight area (take that shit to the empty cardio room dumbass) the ones that stand right in front of the mirror to work out so you can't get to dumbells, the guy sitting on the bench talking on the cell (take your on-call deadbeat butt to Starbucks and yap away). More?

So, if you feel unwelcome, consider it a compliment, you are not like them ;)

I kinda like getting on some of their nerves because some of them are certainly getting on mine… so that makes us even :D … you know, those people that wear big dark glasses in the gym and there are no windows? The posers, the "air" boxers, the guys skipping rope right in the middle of the weight area (take that shit to the empty cardio room dumbass) the ones that stand right in front of the mirror to work out so you can't get to dumbells, the guy sitting on the bench talking on the cell (take your on-call deadbeat butt to Starbucks and yap away). More?

So, if you feel unwelcome, consider it a compliment, you are not like them ;)

I had to deal with every one of the fucktards you just mentioned today

I lift in a college gym and have lifted in several college gyms, and it seems like the "stare down" happens alot. I guess you have to expect it atfer a while. Also, being social is expected in a college gym and that drives me crazy. I have no problem with a quick "whats up" but dont drag me into a conversation which is usually about how much superdrol they're on.

Oh where to start. When I go anywhere Im borderline antisocial because Im just a quiet kindof shy dude regardless. Ive only used two gyms and yeah there is always the uncomfortable stares and the sideshow feeling. Its hilarious like someone said doing like 405 for squats draws a little crowd. In my own head Im saying "damn if they think this is alot they havent even seen heavy weight some guys can move." Sometimes you can audibly hear people complimenting how theyre impressed.

I think the only time Ive heard people shit talk me was mexican dudes suddenly talking in spanish around me. Theyll be looking at me blah blah blah STEROIDS blah blah then start giggling. I need to learn spanish lol. But yeah I always go out of my way to go introduce myself to the biggest meanest looking guys in the place, they end up being pretty cool. There will always be jealousy because think about it. Most people that go to the gym only go out of insecurity, as do we in some small way. We actually act to make a difference though. Cant say the same for everyone else.

I curse like a mother when im finished with a set, i also grunt with each rep and sometimes I will yell a thunderous battle cry. But thats cause I like to give 100% effort and squeeze everything last drip of energy i have in me through my force. I get looks but its mostly from woman, men are jealous and the best thing about it is im basically a kid compared to the people that go to my gym so I dont know to answer your question I dont feel unwelcomed I feel like i own the place.

Gotta say how lucky I am compared to some of you guys. I should really be thankful of my opportunity.

As you can imagine finding a great gym in mid-town Tokyo, in the most expensive building in the city (Roppongi Hills) was quite a surprise. Finding it FULL of free weights, four power racks, four smith machines, four leg press machines, and just tons of 45lb plates, etc in such a small space was a pleasant shock.

I am the ONLY bodybuilder in the place. They specialize in personal training and the place is crawling with Japanese celebs - I see many every night.

Best of all, the owner, staff, and other patrons fricken' love me.
:D

Gotta say how lucky I am compared to some of you guys. I should really be thankful of my opportunity.

As you can imagine finding a great gym in mid-town Tokyo, in the most expensive building in the city (Roppongi Hills) was quite a surprise. Finding it FULL of free weights, four power racks, four smith machines, four leg press machines, and just tons of 45lb plates, etc in such a small space was a pleasant shock.

I am the ONLY bodybuilder in the place. They specialize in personal training and the place is crawling with Japanese celebs - I see many every night.

Best of all, the owner, staff, and other patrons fricken' love me.
:D

Hawkmoon is living the dream. All of my friends who have been to Tokyo or have lived there for some period of time say how much fun it is.

I am lucky in the gym department as well. This place was made for bodybuilders. Lots of freeweights, a few dingy old machines for when you feel like it. Pictures of every bodybuilder you could imagine and half of them are signed. I think there is a picture in the basement of the owner and Phil. The owner is an older bodybuilder who still does masters shows and is a great all around guy.

The place just makes you want to train hard.

If I ever don't feel welcome there, it is because I am slacking on my lifts.

I curse like a mother when im finished with a set, i also grunt with each rep and sometimes I will yell a thunderous battle cry. But thats cause I like to give 100% effort and squeeze everything last drip of energy i have in me through my force. I get looks but its mostly from woman, men are jealous and the best thing about it is im basically a kid compared to the people that go to my gym so I dont know to answer your question I dont feel unwelcomed I feel like i own the place.

Are you a viking?

Happens all the time. Usually by the little pricks that hang out in the gym for 2-3 hours and train for maybe 45minutes. They stroll around the weight room chatting away in their little clicks. I train with my headphones on and a cap that usually covers my eyes. Don't know about you, but when I see someone like me, I know he doesn't want to be "social". These fuckers will come up to me and ask me some dumb ass question, I'll take one ear off and say "what?" then I'll answer his question and put my earphone back in. Now if someone did that...wouldn't you obviously know he/she doesn't want to "chat"? But these fuckers will ask follow up dumbass questions and I'll repeat the cycle over and over until they finally get the hint. So i guess I bring the unwelcomeness onto myself, but I'm not there to party, i'm there to grow!!

I know what you mean, there are some characters in my gym like some old guy who I think is retired and does nothing but bullshit with every member and throws in a set here and there , and the fat guy that has a t- shirt that says " big and proud or something like that and just walks around , and I feel people like this with no goal in mind have time to kill ...

lol.... if you trained at my gym I would have to make fun of you. That 'Battle Cry' has to be some seriously funny shit.

I make some noise when I'm moving heavy weight or squeezing out an extra rep , always have, always will. But the only time you could ever hear me across the room has been during powerlifting meets. Personally I prefer people to notice me because of my physique rather than for how much noise I make.

This sounds like a typical gym rat in his late teens.

This whole post makes me laugh.

:)

some days i go to my hard core gym where i blend in.

but to be honest some days i get off on going to a more commercial gym, putting in my headphones, looking angry and pissed of and lifting some serious iron. The more they stare the more weight i use!!

just use the losers for motivation!

boy does this hit home for me.....jesus...where to start.

I mean i'm in college....so university gym we're forced to pay for....and I can't complain too much about how it's equipped....we REALLY need bigger than 150lb dumbbells though.

but FUCK.....the people that work there aside from 2 or 3 are such pricks. I've gotten "incident reports" filed against me and the bitch that runs the gym wont even tell me what i did. I still don't have a clue.

I lift hard....i go nuts....sometimes i make noise....sometimes i talk shit to myself....smack myself....whatever i need to get the fuck going. And these little frat boys everywhere just stare at you like your a freakin alien. A couple weeks ago i got in trouble for deadlifting with my shoes off.....which i have done in there for prolly 8 months prior to this day....I've been yelled at for dropping weights on multiple occasion when i've never "dropped" a dumbbell....yes you know...a 150 lb dumbbell coming back to earth from overhead ext. is going to make some noise...but i have it under control and always make sure it goes flat when i get it to the floor...but i'm not going to injure myself trying to keep it going at a turtles pace ya know....

fuck i'm so tired of it here.....

I go to your school.

The reason that you were written up is that you dropped that 150lb dumbbell on my notebook.

I couldn't lift the dumbbell off until I got help from the girl behind the desk.

You made me late for Math!

Last edited:
I go to your school.

The reason that you were written up is that you dropped that 150lb dumbbell on my notebook.

I couldn't lift the dumbbell off until I got help from the girl behind the desk.

You made me late for Math!

rofl

Lets face it guys... we are the outcasts....

the reason being..... We are there to get the most out of our workouts, to use the place.... to make gains to improve to stand out..

Personally, I use the gym to better myself as much as possible.. I drive 13 miles to train there.. Im not going to mess around... but Look around at most busy gyms.. Most people are just going through the motions.. i could be wrong..but..

Most are not changing their physique much because they are not as disciplined... . Competitors are surely the minority and the non bodybuilder could care less who competes or not.. They much rather spend saturday doing anything but attend a bbing show...

For me its sad to to see the trainers clients making almost no gains after so much time and money shelled out..

So actually the hardcores like us.. make them look bad.. esepcially to the trainer

Im all business... Day in day out.. I make no eye contact, i dont talk.. I use the place to better me... I have overheard comments like..."yeah he looks great, but hes a juicer or hes got great genetics" the sad thing there guys juiced up to the gills year round that barely stand out in the crowd...

And im thinking.... No, its the 3:30am cardio, the 6 meals prepped and eaten every day..the hard ass workouts done smart and then I split..

Many people are there for other reasons...so us making them look bad makes us feel un welcome to some degree...

But in reality ... We are the ones the gym should welcome the most.. looking good promotes the gym... especially competitors who compete. but its not like that.. We are the minority... So in reality the members that are getting the most out of the gym are the least welcome by most.

Some people are lucky to train at gyms that really respect competitors and the hard core and dilligent and serious minded... that is a gym that contradicts every thing i just said.. And there should be more like that...

Last edited:
i have to say that at my gym the staff is fantastic. yeah theres some douchy members but the staff is great. there is alot of college kids but most of them are athletes and busting theyre asses in there. if i ever need a spot the staff is right there to help. the even let me use chalk right next to the no chalk sign as long as i mop it up when im done. i have a feeling that most problems in a gym can be avoided by being friendly and personable. yeah im there to get the job dont but after im done ill sit for 10 min a bullshit with the staff or answer a question. being nice to people around you can get you pretty far. most of the people being dicks to you are intimidated by you and use it as a defence mechanism. remember in there you are the freak everyone wants to be like. its better to let them understand your a nice person and not just some juiced up mean freak who wants to rip everyones head off.

i have to say that at my gym the staff is fantastic. yeah theres some douchy members but the staff is great. there is alot of college kids but most of them are athletes and busting theyre asses in there. if i ever need a spot the staff is right there to help. the even let me use chalk right next to the no chalk sign as long as i mop it up when im done. i have a feeling that most problems in a gym can be avoided by being friendly and personable. yeah im there to get the job dont but after im done ill sit for 10 min a bullshit with the staff or answer a question. being nice to people around you can get you pretty far. most of the people being dicks to you are intimidated by you and use it as a defence mechanism. remember in there you are the freak everyone wants to be like. its better to let them understand your a nice person and not just some juiced up mean freak who wants to rip everyones head off.

putting on the mean freak persona is part of my game....it makes me push harder...lift heavier...it's PART of my training.....I personally can't be all jolly when i'm going into battle with the iron....

I totally agree with what you say here. There is no reason that you have to storm into a gym staring at the floor listening to headsets and then proceed to ignore ever single human contact in the gym until you get out. There can be a balance, I think this is more healthy for everyone. Those guys that come in with the head phones and ignore everyone arent built any better than those of us that take a min or two to say hello or introduce ourselves by name. Acting like that isnt going to allow you to lift more intense. I always had a laugh at those guys.

I agree with alot of these posts. I talk to people from time to time at the gym. Its all about networking. You never know who can hook you up with a job, knows someone who is selling a car, can recommend a good plumber.....etc.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131