advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How many of you get the extra pat down after the fully body scanner at the airport due to you build?

Per above, sweat/moisture is the main driver on the modern machines. Loose clothes that overlap/fold can do it too. I fly a lot for work so 50-100 flights a year. I've also had my face go off (no beard) so sometimes it's just fucked. I told them, "It's okay, you can pet me."

Wow it's crazy to hear this, I've never had a problem at an airport 😔

Amazing that body composition or the chemical signatures from sweat can trigger the alarms at TSA scanners.

I worked for the TSA a decade ago…
The body scanner doesn’t flag muscles or fat…it flags to inconsistencies on your body surface…zippers, buttons, drawstrings, wrinkles and folds in your clothing, sweaty or wet spots, anything in ur pockets, etc.

I rarely have a pat-down. Wear sweatpants or gym shorts , tuck drawstrings along waist band. Make sure my pockets are flat, not bunched up.

Im fat, so not at the initial security check point... But I have been flagged by security at check in on two international flights for "enhanced security measures". Not sure why, I'm a pretty standard looking fat guy. Buy Lufthansa and United think I'm up to no good.

On your ticket if it says SSSS (means you have been selected)

I usually snag this guy for 2-3 flights post a trip to Turkey or misc. arab countries. Nothing to do with your look mate. Its a program that flags you for potentially being a security threat due to patterns of travel or known associations.

Just one of the few things to look out for. If I get the SSSS I hand my wife my backback and go through security with nothing on me and seperate from her so they don't wind up rummaging forever. This is with Global Entry as well.

Yes, this happens to me relatively often. A couple years ago, when I was at my biggest, I was traveling alone, and they took me aside after going through the body scanner. They patted me down, and kept going over me like they were upset they weren't finding what they thought was there. A TSA guy from two rows over yelled over, "hey, what's going on? you guys need any help?" My guys said no and kept at it. So they guy yells over again after another 30 seconds to inquire what was going on. My TSA guy yells over and says, "no worries, all is good. He's just huge!"

I walked away laughing because my wife wasn't there to hear it, and I knew she wouldn't believe my story. LOL (I'm typically full of crap, just not this time...) So I come home and tell her the story, and she's like, "did you tell them 'That's what SHE said?'" I was like, "damn, I missed it. I'm getting rusty!"

I normally do because of my nipple piercings, it registers small metal so they feel my chest, shoulders and arms usually regularly.

Wow it's crazy to hear this, I've never had a problem at an airport 😔
I know! I never have any issues. Ever. One time they searched my carryon and gave me some guff about having $3000 cash and what it was for but I was landing at GCM (Owens Roberts Int Grand Cayman Island). I go through the detector with a big visible white gold chain around my neck, no problems. I always thought it was because I am white. Obviously, that's not it. Guess maybe I've lost some of my boy toy mojo.... ☹

Lol. you guys let them put you through those scanners? Nope.
Those new whole body scanners where you stand inside it and put your arms above your head then a scanner arm moves around you to scan your body. If you have any metal implants like rods or plates in your body you inform the TSA agent of that fact.

I worked for the TSA a decade ago…
The body scanner doesn’t flag muscles or fat…it flags to inconsistencies on your body surface…zippers, buttons, drawstrings, wrinkles and folds in your clothing, sweaty or wet spots, anything in ur pockets, etc.

I rarely have a pat-down. Wear sweatpants or gym shorts , tuck drawstrings along waist band. Make sure my pockets are flat, not bunched up.

I’ve been told differently by 3 different agents at 3 different airports. I have no reason to lie about this. I’m not some mass monster or claim to be. I thought it was funny and wanted to hear other anecdotes.

A congressional report by the US Gov Accountability Office also disagrees with you. They found that passengers with a higher BMI than than the normal index set off the alarm at a much higher rate. For reference, I fall under obese on the BMI chart. Zippers and buttons were not the reason they were flagged down for extra screening.

You don’t have to take my word for it, you can read the government accountability report linked below.

We got a bodyscan at my work.. it details any thing on your person that might be hidden .. internally or in clothing etc.. when I got in it the first day the guys watching the screen laughed as it shows a outline of your body. So they were laughing at my traps.. I got out to see the " funny" .. but to my disappointment the first thing I noticed is the sad outline of my vein cane.. it appeared as though I was smuggling a acorn .. of course the others picked up on it and the usual remarks of " so it is true you guys have small peckers".. my only retort was " not true.. my dick was that small before I started lifting".. that showed em...😳

This happens to me literally every time I fly. I am used to it and it doesn’t me bother me. Expect one time I went through O’hare in Chicago and the guy told me he had to check my glutes. I was like wtf? He literally put his hands between my pants and underwear. This was years ago. I would never consent to that now. But being young I didn’t fully know my rights and had just spent two weeks in Chicago on business and desperately wanted to go home.

We got a bodyscan at my work.. it details any thing on your person that might be hidden .. internally or in clothing etc.. when I got in it the first day the guys watching the screen laughed as it shows a outline of your body. So they were laughing at my traps.. I got out to see the " funny" .. but to my disappointment the first thing I noticed is the sad outline of my vein cane.. it appeared as though I was smuggling a acorn .. of course the others picked up on it and the usual remarks of " so it is true you guys have small peckers".. my only retort was " not true.. my dick was that small before I started lifting".. that showed em...😳
Gold! HAHAHA! 🤣🤣🤣 LATS, you never disappoint.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 Great come back my man:cool::LOL:

I get stopped at EVERY Customs check point, everywhere in the world...Every single time!

I have been stripped twice...Partially a few times. Bags stripped searched...Every scenario. Last year when I was out to see @Big A I was partially stripped, bags completely stripped, access given to my phone and ended up being the last one out long after everyone was already gone, with Big A wondering if they had arrested me lol. Fiji with the guys was funny as well, I got stopped there because they thought my laptop had fruit hidden inside it?!?!

I don't mind getting stopped entering other countries...Especially last year, having been through Guatemala, Flores, Perth, Cape Town, Zimbabwe and Zambia (as well as extended layovers in Singapore, London, Qatar and Belize). ALL of those Customs and Border agents I met, we had at minimum 20min conversations about politics, religion, etc...And it is awesome to be able to see the true viewpoints around the planet - truly eyeopening!

Lol, that's one heck of a story and bet you never live that one down!

That was my initial thought! My back gets pretty sweaty. So I asked the agent and they said it was my muscles. I didn’t 100% believe the first agent, I thought she joking or flirting. So I asked another on my next flight… Same answer and again, same answer.
It's true it happens to .e all the time after the scan machine that you have to put your hands up and it goes around you your entire body when walk out they have to do the hand held scanner because they say something comes out either on my bicep or chest and back.the guy said it's because your muscle size makes the machine think something is inside you. UT it quick pat down
..now my wife it don't fail we travel tougher with the kids and she get pulled and we go into the private room and they rub her hand with a stick swab because they say the machine picked up bomb residue. I swear every time I fly with her it always the same thing. I told her must be the perfume or body lotion you wear

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member