advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How many of you have used steroids for decades? Any health issues?

How many won't admit it or even respond back to this thread. :rolleyes: This is like asking how much juice you do, like everyone is honest there too. :naughty:

And how many people say their blood values are good. I guess that means that their liver/kidney enzyme levels are never over the normal range even on cycle, which is where the damage occurs. Or that their BP is not over 120/80 which is the top of the healthy range.

Started at age 17 and have never come off other then once for a few weeks in my mid 20’s. I am almost 47 now. High doses age 20-35...2000-3500 mg week range. Consider myself to be very lucky. Knock on wood. Did a complete in depth full body health check (3 full days at Mayo Clinic ) 2 years ago and everything came back great. Again lucky. I have regularly donated blood for the last 10 years. Since mid 30’s between 250-450 mg test per week and 2-4 our GH with once in a blue moon a 6 week run of adding another compound. Always stayed away from any fat burners per say. Resting heart rate my whole life in the 90’s per minute so never really wanted to jack it up higher then the added body weight and anabolics did. Only so many ticks in the ticker. Regular HITT cardio for the last 7-8 years and I have the heart rate in low 80’s. I started having problems keeping the estrogen down at age 35 and for the first time had to use an AI. I figured it was my body saying okay your luck is running out time to pull back.

25+ years.
Gyno issues. Cholesterol levels high. And disc issues.
For me the positives of AAS far outweigh the negatives.
The only gear related issue is the gyno I had decades ago. Everything comes with a risk. I had two friends (one absolutely could have gone pro) that both passed within 6 months. One was 28 and the other was 43 or so. In my opinion they both would still be alive if it weren't for AAS usage. Nothing they did was sensible. The went to Dr Conte in NJ. And we're both monitored regularly. I'm sure they didn't tell him everything. But he'd write them any and everything.
Neither did recreational drugs at all. But whatever they got their hands on they did. No planned cycle ever. If they got three bottles of tren I doubt they'd last a week. The slin use of one of them was incredibly high. Sadly they felt that getting big was solely going to come from a bottle. Any health issues they had was from over usage.
Sadly for some it's an addiction. If they had focused more on diet, exercise, and rest, instead of excessive usage, they would have reached their goals and be alive today.

It all depends on the individual. Whether you have an addictive personality or not. Understanding that there is a fine line where the negatives outweigh the positives.

How many won't admit it or even respond back to this thread. :rolleyes: This is like asking how much juice you do, like everyone is honest there too. :naughty:

Yes, sad but true.

When a crisis arises, the time for preparation has passed.

What happened before what happened happened?

Or to put it another way . . . the French railway crossings
contain a warning that many bodybuilder’s should heed . . .
“One Trai n Can Hide Another.”

Started in my late 20's....now I'm 44.

Knew from the start that I didn't have the genetics to be anything special...so I focused on what was more pleasing to me.

Never used any orals...and never went above 500mg total on any blast until now. I'm currently in week #3 of 200mg Test/350mg Primo. I have blood work scheduled for Wednesday.

Most of my time on has been using TRT doses of around 100mg a week and at most 3iu's a day of GH. Majority of the time I'm just using 100mg of Test a week. I will usually "blast" 2 times a year...and those are typically fast acting compounds that run around 8 weeks. Last one ended last October I think...and that was 175mg each of TPP/NPP per week for 8 weeks...then back down to TRT dose.

I donate blood on a regular basis...and I get blood work while "on" and off. Only scare I ever had was using low dose Tren. First time that I ever seen my lipid values out of whack....so I dropped it.

I eat pretty much clean year round, don't drink, and the only drug I am prescribed beside TRT is Thyroid medication which I have been on since I was 16.

I have tried to be responsible in my usage....but who knows...it could still end up biting me later on.

this topic is kinda messy, because genetics play such an integral role in one's health..

you say nature...
i say nurture...
you say potatoe..
i cant spell... lol

i think and have done some reading to formulate these thoughts, that genetics really are not as big a factor as we often say.

i think if we are dead honest much of our "health" issues are genuinely self induced. aka life style. aka nurture. lol

sure we can look at some and say oh they had a genetic this that or the other. but here we are saying it because its juice related, aka nurture. lol

we have all basically been making some sort of "bad" bad health choice since way before we had the knowledge to even know this.

im all for genetic predisposition

but if you KNOW you have such a thing and knowingly do things that may be counter productive to that situation then you automatically place your self in the running for the prestigious darwin award! lol :headbang:

which as you all know, i am in deep competition for! lol
:D

started at 17/18 (yeah I know)
now 47
so 30 years
was a pretty heavy user/abuser in my 20's and early 30's lots of steroids lots of GH
my late 30's I started to get sensible but I would be lying to say I still don't enjoy the feeling.

the good news is once you have been at it for many years it takes very little to maintain. I generally take no more than 200mg of test per week and if I want to really supercharge for awhile I will add 25mg of trenbolone for a few weeks I have pretty much left it all behind me. But I do not regret it per se.

no major issues , I've had the heart CT / stress tests etc etc
zero problems

just blind luck honestly as several of my friends that used far less than me are dead or have had one or more heart surgeries.

25+ years.
Gyno issues. Cholesterol levels high. And disc issues.
For me the positives of AAS far outweigh the negatives.
The only gear related issue is the gyno I had decades ago. Everything comes with a risk. I had two friends (one absolutely could have gone pro) that both passed within 6 months. One was 28 and the other was 43 or so. In my opinion they both would still be alive if it weren't for AAS usage. Nothing they did was sensible. The went to Dr Conte in NJ. And we're both monitored regularly. I'm sure they didn't tell him everything. But he'd write them any and everything.
Neither did recreational drugs at all. But whatever they got their hands on they did. No planned cycle ever. If they got three bottles of tren I doubt they'd last a week. The slin use of one of them was incredibly high. Sadly they felt that getting big was solely going to come from a bottle. Any health issues they had was from over usage.
Sadly for some it's an addiction. If they had focused more on diet, exercise, and rest, instead of excessive usage, they would have reached their goals and be alive today.

It all depends on the individual. Whether you have an addictive personality or not. Understanding that there is a fine line where the negatives outweigh the positives.

Dr Conte, I remember him well. He was the man back in the 90s for everyone.

I did one Cycle back when I was 25. It consisted of 1cc test and an Abomb.
I was 235 @ 5% without knowing anything but how to Lift. If I only new more then !

Fast forward 15yrs and at 40, I was 202pds. Saw a picture from my Party and That was it.
Decided to get back to the Gym and take Advantage of what God had Gifted me With. In 2yrs I put on 48pds with just creatine alone...Too much creatine!!!! You could loose a finger in my Delt!

Then at 42 I helped him out a little.lol
Been on since, up to 3gms at one time and cruise on 2gms.
Now 2 1/2 gms is my blast, 1 1/2 mostly w Primo and take 10 weeks on my so-called Hrt...lol

So 7 yrs now...I figure by the standards I have another 20yrs of Blastin....

Last edited:
agree. it all comes down to the individuals own body chemistry and how it handles the gear

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

That and what steroids were used, and doses. Other things used like GH, clenbuterol, etc.

I like this idea for a thread..its interesting to see folks experiences and refreshing to see some honest answers. I assume though its like anything in life and like some mentioned genetics play a big role. Some guys can blast a ton and not have issues having children, others do a couple mild cycles and screw themselves up. Some people smoke for 50 years and live a long life with no issues and others smoke for 5 years and end up getting cancer or another disease. It's crazy how much in life seemingly comes down to genetic predisposition. Personally now with a child on the way, I'm getting a lot smarter about all this as it's not just about me anymore. I will have a family and don't feel the need to put a ton of shit in my body for little to no reward when frankly I can get great results and look better and be stronger than most anyone while being much safer going forward.

you say nature...
i say nurture...
you say potatoe..
i cant spell... lol

i think and have done some reading to formulate these thoughts, that genetics really are not as big a factor as we often say.

i think if we are dead honest much of our "health" issues are genuinely self induced. aka life style. aka nurture. lol

sure we can look at some and say oh they had a genetic this that or the other. but here we are saying it because its juice related, aka nurture. lol

we have all basically been making some sort of "bad" bad health choice since way before we had the knowledge to even know this.

im all for genetic predisposition

but if you KNOW you have such a thing and knowingly do things that may be counter productive to that situation then you automatically place your self in the running for the prestigious darwin award! lol :headbang:

which as you all know, i am in deep competition for! lol
:D

Genetics alone much of the time aren't enough to bring about a medical emergency. Both my mother and uncle have my blood clot disorder and have never had a single issue their entire lives. My mother is 77 years old and my uncle is 80. We didn't even know we had the trait in the family until I had my heart attack at age 38. I then asked my mother and uncle to get the DNA test done. The combination of steroids and a dangerous genetic trait spell disaster. Wish I had known. I wonder though if I really would have done a lot different than I did if I had known. Back then when I was young I thought nothing would kill me.

i have used since around 2000...only thing that came up this time when i took my biometrics for work was, my hdl was lower than years past, which can easily be fixed with a better diet..I grew up poor and down south and we fry everything. Those habits are hard to break. Like it or not i have already started to change my diet.. i have to.

im 44 years old... run 250mgs test e for 10 months, and in between the 10 months i blast 1 time for 8 weeks ( tren E@ 400, Test E@500), after that i drop back down to 250 test E. i dnt run all year long because i stop for 2 months for my biometrics to try to help get my numbers back in check some.

Haven't been using for decades, but i am 32 and have been on for about 5 years straight. I had run a few cycles in my late teens as well.

At this age bloodwork seems to bounce back quite a bit but i want to make sure you guys realize something.

I don't think people realize how much steroid use can jeopardize tendons. I ruptured my bicep tendon completely recently. After the surgery the doctor was explaining to me how shriveled up my bicep tendon actually was. He drew on a piece of paper what a normal tendon should look like, and what mine actually looked like and it was about half the size.

Not just that, but he said it was extremely brittle, which is obviously why it ruptured. Makes me wonder what the rest of my tendons look like..

I have at least 20 different studies bookmarked on tendon issues in steroid users.

There is this misconpetion that steroids like deca, eq, primo can increase collagen synthesis because i know we've all read that one article. The ONLY article on the fucking internet regarding this stuff, but really, who was that article written by.. The article just sounds convincing and we all want to believe it, but in reality the studies make it seem as if ALL anabolic steroids have negative consequences on tendons. Some are just worse than others. That's what i'm starting to believe. (if you have to ask me what article i'm talking about, your obviously a noob because it's been traded around forums like a hooker)

I think theres this misconception because steroids like deca increase water and this makes the joints feel a little better and takes pains away so you think its doing a good job, but this doesn't mean your tendons aren't still getting fucked up and an injury is waiting to happy. My bicep busted out of no where.

The best thing you can do for yourself. If youre going to cycle year round, make sure you do jus that. If you're cycle is 16 weeks long, make sure you take 16 weeks off at no more than a TRT dose. (A REAL TRT DOSE).

I think my biggest problem is the fact that i tried to basically just blast for a couple years straight. I haven't done that in a while, although, i think my body still never recovered from it or something.

Haven't been using for decades, but i am 32 and have been on for about 5 years straight. I had run a few cycles in my late teens as well.

At this age bloodwork seems to bounce back quite a bit but i want to make sure you guys realize something.

I don't think people realize how much steroid use can jeopardize tendons. I ruptured my bicep tendon completely recently. After the surgery the doctor was explaining to me how shriveled up my bicep tendon actually was. He drew on a piece of paper what a normal tendon should look like, and what mine actually looked like and it was about half the size.

Not just that, but he said it was extremely brittle, which is obviously why it ruptured. Makes me wonder what the rest of my tendons look like..

I have at least 20 different studies bookmarked on tendon issues in steroid users.

There is this misconpetion that steroids like deca, eq, primo can increase collagen synthesis because i know we've all read that one article. The ONLY article on the fucking internet regarding this stuff, but really, who was that article written by.. The article just sounds convincing and we all want to believe it, but in reality the studies make it seem as if ALL anabolic steroids have negative consequences on tendons. Some are just worse than others. That's what i'm starting to believe. (if you have to ask me what article i'm talking about, your obviously a noob because it's been traded around forums like a hooker)

I think theres this misconception because steroids like deca increase water and this makes the joints feel a little better and takes pains away so you think its doing a good job, but this doesn't mean your tendons aren't still getting fucked up and an injury is waiting to happy. My bicep busted out of no where.

The best thing you can do for yourself. If youre going to cycle year round, make sure you do jus that. If you're cycle is 16 weeks long, make sure you take 16 weeks off at no more than a TRT dose. (A REAL TRT DOSE).

I think my biggest problem is the fact that i tried to basically just blast for a couple years straight. I haven't done that in a while, although, i think my body still never recovered from it or something.

Have tips for us on tendon strength. How to increase it it or how to maintain?

Did you ever try GH with your anabolic use?

DC mentioned something a while back about exogenous testosterone, and tendon integrity which declines more and more with time. That's why having some form of LH signalling using HCG with exogenous use, and having some form of low dose GH or peptide to help promote collagen synthesis is something everyone should look into as they get older.

I also think; steroids make you incredibly stronger compared to your natural self, and it's that repetitive load that you put your body under that destroys ligaments and tendons overtime.

You can get pretty damn strong if you logbook, and train progressively over many years; but that doesn't mean your body (and your 6.5 inch wrists) were meant to be put under that load. But I guess that's the price we pay.

Just my opinion.

That and what steroids were used, and doses. Other things used like GH, clenbuterol, etc.

You forgot the most important one by far: LENGTH of time on

You forgot the most important one by far: LENGTH of time on
Most guys running it for more than 10 years typically end up on constantly, even if it's TRT dose much of the time.

I know with me it's a struggle not to just run 500mg test year round with gh.

Most guys running it for more than 10 years typically end up on constantly, even if it's TRT dose much of the time.

I know with me it's a struggle not to just run 500mg test year round with gh.

So true. It is depressing to get off a cycle and if you stay off long enough you end up losing just about everything you put on. I ended up cruising and to keep what I had I found I needed about 300 mg/wk test. Even then I would very slowly lose muscle.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws