YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How many of you have used steroids for decades? Any health issues?

heavyiron

Registered
About once a month we see the RIP threads which then leads to a couple guys arguing about steroids and health. Usually one side says steroids did him/her in and the other side says people die every day that never use steroids. This goes on for 6 pages until the next RIP thread.

I was thinking that there has to be a pretty large segment of guys here that have used AAS for decades. So I was curious how many of you decade users have health issues?

Please state your age, the year you first used steroids and what effects long term AAS use has done to you.

I'm 50 and did my first cycle 30 years ago and have used on and off until now. I have had injuries in the gym that could be steroid related but I honestly don't know. I have had some acne and some gyno flares and a little bit of hair loss. Overall I feel fine and love being on Testosterone. It has improved my mood, energy and libido and helped me keep a decent amount of LBM. Years ago my sperm count was super low and I could not recover natty T levels by age 40.

How about you guys?

im interested in this as well. the long term effects of steroids coming from people with actual experience

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

this topic is kinda messy, because genetics play such an integral role in one's health..

Started at 21 and Now I am 41.
Two decades of way more time on then off.
Never real crazy on the doses certainly not as I get older.
Just enough anymore to be twice as anabolic as the average man.

Ive been very fortunate and I am thankful each day for my health and my familys health. I know there are no guarantees.

My only bad injury from steroids or weightlifting in general was from trying
to deadlift to much with no belt. So my own ignorance.

I feel like overall steroids and weightlifting have improved the quality of my life.
Will it add to the longevity? Im not banking on it but I guess time will tell.
One thing is for sure we are all going at some time in some way.

51 YO now, took first cycle at 19 and on pretty much the whole time with some short times off for injuries or surgeries. I competed for 9 years but never took mega grams today guys take, I was (what would be now) a super heavyweight when competed, I am still 250 lbs and in shape.
Other than the quad complete tear, complete tricep tear, partial other quad tear, should surgery, hernia, pec muscle tear, I have been on high blood pressure meds for about 9 years, cholesterol meds, and I have a lowered kidney count (probably from the high BP).
Other than than I am perfect. I had a stress test before my last surgery and it all looked good so I have a few more years on the heart I guess.

51 YO now, took first cycle at 19 and on pretty much the whole time with some short times off for injuries or surgeries. I competed for 9 years but never took mega grams today guys take, I was (what would be now) a super heavyweight when competed, I am still 250 lbs and in shape.
Other than the quad complete tear, complete tricep tear, partial other quad tear, should surgery, hernia, pec muscle tear, I have been on high blood pressure meds for about 9 years, cholesterol meds, and I have a lowered kidney count (probably from the high BP).
Other than than I am perfect. I had a stress test before my last surgery and it all looked good so I have a few more years on the heart I guess.

I have to say most all my problems were after I turned 40

This can be a really good thread; hearing from the vets.

I will say that like the great saying of toxicology goes: that the dose make the poison.

Steroids will increase those resting, and accelerating RPMs.

A V8 bulletproof block, and a little lawnmower engine will have different damage capacity.

Going by how you feel is not necessarily the best way to tell if there is any health issues. My liver values have been slightly elevated over normal and my BP is not as healthy as it could be. preferably under 120 but usually in the 126-128 range. A little extra pressure over the years and decades will probably take a toll.

I'm 61 now and I've been juicing since the early 90's.Ive done every cycle theory known.For the last 5 years or so I've done test and deca non-stop.I also do drol and dbol combined 4 weeks on and 4 weeks off non-stop.The only health issue is high blood pressure that I control with meds.

I'm 61 now and I've been juicing since the early 90's.Ive done every cycle theory known.For the last 5 years or so I've done test and deca non-stop.I also do drol and dbol combined 4 weeks on and 4 weeks off non-stop.The only health issue is high blood pressure that I control with meds.

How many mg of test and deca per week? Maybe primo instead of deca would be better for longevity. But small amounts of deca is great for joints thats a given.

I'm 6 months shy of 50 y/o. First cycle @ 17 y/o, my senior year in high school. All human grade gear. Searl Anavar 2.5 mg tabs white plastic bottle/blue label, Organon Deca 100mg/ml, Syntex AD-50 in the glass amber bottle with red label. All types of HG test...
Competed in 6 BB comps until I was in my mid 20's. One in my late 30's. There was no internet in my early days of competing. Developed bad gyno from Deca and the consensus in those days was Nolvadex would fix it. Nope! Had Gynocomastia surg twice. First on both nips and then again on my R side about 2 years later. Yes, gyno post surgery CAN come back. Never knew of prolactin induced gyno and unfortunately was VERY sensative to 19 Nor AAS.
Fast forward to my mid/late 30's. Met the "one". Got married and then struggled to get her pregnant. WTF!! Got tested (yeah, that sucked) and found out i had almost ZERO viable sperm. Close to 20 years of cycling on/off AAS and not really knowing of proper post cycle therapy left me with Azoospermia. Luckily we live in a time where miracles can happen through science and technology. Invetro with ICSI (intracytoplasmic sperm injection) gave my wife and I a baby girl. 5 years later (from the same batch of embryos in cryogenic storage) gave us another healthy baby girl.
On TRT since my mid 40's but occasioanally cycle a few compounds now and again in very moderate doses to keep the HCT and BP in check not to mention the prostate. Different priorities these days. Life has a way of sorting that out for you irregardless if your a willing participant.
Lost a few good friends due to cardiac issues that I cant help but think AAS had a big part in. It was at those moments (those funerals) that your mindset changes and you fall away from the boards, the gym and question your own mortality.

So yeah, learn from these forums. Learn from others mistakes.

Last edited:
24 years worth. gear was so expensive and hard to get for me in the early nineties that it forced me to keep my doses very small for the first five years or so. health is very good right now at 43 on scripted TRT and low dose GH.

torn pec, had surgery to repair
sleep apnea, corrective surgery that didn't work and now APAP

52yrs. Old been on since I was 18 only time I was off was for a five year stint in my late thirties.control b.p. well with meds.but had it for a long time before I did anything about it.cycle pretty much the same as I always have, but now use orals much more sparingly.fortunately no medical issues as I have gotten a great primary care Dr. A few yrs. Ago.my liver getts elivated when on much more than trt.so it forces me to cycle much more conservatively today than I did in the past.have some joint pain,but I think that kind of stuff is unavoidable after yrs.in this sport,could also be from yrs.of fucking and fighting

I am 49, juiced for 18 years. The first 2-3 years I cycled and after that blast and cruised. AAS saved me from depression and boredom, my life turned around after I started, never looked back.

No long term health consequences other then some acne and bloat but that is just short term. Liver, heart, kidneys, blood pressure and heart rate always in range mostly because I never go high on my dosages which means usually below 500mg pr week total on a blast. I use no medicine for my health, just cardio which I have done my entire life.

Nothing much other than the 3rd arm i grew out my back. It actually comes in handy. 😂 🤙

havent come off in almost 10 years. now i just cruise around 250/300 test with a little deca thrown in. may throw an oral in here or there, but nothing like i used to a couple years back blasting 150mg of tren a day kind of stuff. once i came down to a much more "normal" dose of manageable AAS i realized how unhealthy i was at that point even though i "looked" great physically.

How many won't admit it or even respond back to this thread. :rolleyes: This is like asking how much juice you do, like everyone is honest there too. :naughty:

Your lipid profile must be pretty poor on/off 17aa orals for years.

What does BW show?

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Peterwilliam
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner