advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How many of you here can bench press 4 plates? (405) for at least 1 perfect rep?

i cant even do the stack on the chest press machine at planet fitness but i got some big fucking titties. i was doing 315x10-12 which i'm guessing would be close to 405 in my mid 20's before i tore a pec.

I played college football. Shitty bencher in HS...big 600+ squatter though.
Got to a 410 bench in college which is nothing crazy at all.

POST college I kept training, got to a 465 myself just fucking around. Started using PL training techniques to get my bench higher. Eventually hit a paused 520 at around 250. ANDDDD tore my bench 3 months later doing 3x3 with 455.
It was my own fault too. My body was fatigued, every bench day was tough and i thought i could power through it.

There's also a HUGE difference between a PL paused bench and some gym bro low key bouncing 4 plates off his chest.

Most I ever hit on a flat bench was 365 for a triple. I haven't done a single set of flat bench in probably 5 years though. I've never been a strong guy but my numbers always went up the fastest when I was utilizing rest pause heavily. Something about it. That would be my 2 cents if you have a strong desire to do 4 plates.

I ruptured my right pec with only 385 on the bar. I only do narrow grip now.

I can press around 455 currently, going from 315 to 405 took like 5 years because I didn’t care about maximal strength. Going from 405 to 455 took like 3 months because I started getting serious.

it’s all about conditioning your CNS and getting technique right.
I don’t mean to be an asshole but you can’t bench 455 raw. Your back and lats tell me that on your profile.

Most in my life was 365 for 3. When I was about 36. I barely flat bench with a barbell these days.

405...coy that. Proper training on the bench makes a huge difference on pushing weight and safety. So many people have no idea what proper form and set up is on the bench press it's painful to watch sometimes.

I don’t mean to be an asshole but you can’t bench 455 raw. Your back and lats tell me that on your profile.
But you are being an asshole.......lol
While many people add a few pounds to their lifts in internet claims I wouldn't base your estimate on a profile pic. I've seen some skinny ass dudes lift wayyy more than they looked like they could. I squatted 845 in a meet at 220 and people always asked why I didn't work my legs they were so skinny. Youtube "T-Skinny man Meyers and watch that human twig move some weight.

You bumped a thread from 8 months ago so you could be an asshole and randomly call out a person?

You MUST be new here. I'd stay away from posting for awhile and just lurk and read.

100% mate, but that picture is ~8 years old. I probably could hit 305 for one then. I’m about 50 lbs heavier now lmao

edit: updated the photo, realized that having one over a half of a decade old was dumb

double edit: thanks for having my back y’all, he was technically correct though - in my profile pic that I had previously, I def couldn’t move 455, much less 405.

Im def not. I have never been a good/ big bencher however my chest development is one of my strongest areas and one of my weakest lifts go figure.... At 36 now I dont push my luck. Everythign is very slow, controlled, and no heavy explosive pressing with momentum. Its all about the feel and not hurting myself because beat up shoulders suck and not training sucks more. There are some strong mofos on places like IG. Alot of them actually. Impressive to see some of these younger guys. I just wish i knew back then what i know now and I would have been alot more careful and preventative towards what i put my body through.

I only started my first cycle on 16/7/2020. Been training for over 10 years on and off. First cycle is LGD-4033 and MK-677. Strength gains are so good. Every single lift has went up. I think I gained some water weight but thats fine. One of my good friends asked me if i was on steroids. I took that as a compliment, you wouldn't ask that unless someone is huge so the cycle is def working
there are alot of naieve people in the world. I hate burst your bubble but just becasue someone asked if your on steroids does not make you "huge" lmao.

Since I was 17 years old...

I honestly think it has to do with my mechanics more than strength...I have a thick chest and upper back and short arms.

I'm 5'10" and my wife is 4'11"...we have the same length arms! My bar travel is pretty non existent. So pressing really is my game.

I wish I could bench press that much... it’ll never happen for me though. Time and genetics are not on my side. Max props though to y’all that can rep out 405!!!!! That’s an impressive achievement!

Cage

100% mate, but that picture is ~8 years old. I probably could hit 305 for one then. I’m about 50 lbs heavier now lmao

edit: updated the photo, realized that having one over a half of a decade old was dumb

double edit: thanks for having my back y’all, he was technically correct though - in my profile pic that I had previously, I def couldn’t move 455, much
While many people add a few pounds to their lifts in internet claims I wouldn't base your estimate on a profile pic. I've seen some skinny ass dudes lift wayyy more than they looked like they could. I squatted 845 in a meet at 220 and people always asked why I didn't work my legs they were so skinny. Youtube "T-Skinny man Meyers and watch that human twig move some weight.
Ha I was an asshole for saying that..whiskey 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️. Only did it Bc you hear everyone say how strong they are everywhere and to me, it insults those who work hard. Personally I’ve owned a gym now for 12 years and have some of the strongest ppl in the world here. You know a heavy lifter when you see one and that doesn’t depend on size exactly either, it’s the structure.
I do apologize however and no I didn’t realize this was such an old post.

double edit: thanks for having my back y’all, he was technically correct though - in my profile pic that I had previously, I def couldn’t move 455, much less 405.
Well for one I apologize for bringing up such an old post, I didn’t realize it was so old. Second, in the last pic and this current one, you look good and I see you work hard brother.

845 raw?

I totally get it, I have a ton powerlifters in my gym. Years ago I had one that competed in the 198 class and did a shorted bench of 945 I believe. I’ll take the credit for being the one who handed it off to him talk about a max effort rack pull to hand it off to someone in a shirt 😝 Raw he could hit 605. Big ass lats, short arms. Everyone knows of this guy if you been in APF powerlifting for awhile.

Still lean AF to be moving that type of weight. What’s your height and weight?

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear