over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How many people SWIM for HIIT

have you ever seen a bodybuilder swim for cardio?

or do sprints?

and no, that one video JM posted where he swam a few laps that one time doesn't count.

I know a few who do. Helps tremendously with flexibility but bbers can't do a whole lot of things that are cardio intensive which swimming is more than most forms of cardio so that's definitely a deterrent

or do sprints?

and no, that one video JM posted where he swam a few laps that one time doesn't count.

Yea I can't imagine a huge bodybuilder being able to do intense swimming or intervals. I mean they can but their versions of "intense" will probably be less intense than a fitness model to say the least. I do get impressed with huge NFL players who are very athletic though, but they aren't "pro size" either.

I certainly don't see how these activities will hamper their goals though. It's just they don't have to do them in order to achieve their goals, so why would they

I certainly don't see how these activities will hamper their goals though. It's just they don't have to do them in order to achieve their goals, so why would they

because it would hamper their goals.

swimming will tired out your arms, your legs, and everything in between if you are going at it with intensity..

why would a bodybuilder do that, and limit his recovery?

especially when he can achieve the same thing with a casual stroll on the treadmill... which would not only not inhibit his recovery, but maybe even slightly enhance it.

swimming will tired out your arms, your legs, and everything in between if you are going at it with intensity..

especially when he can achieve the same thing with a casual stroll on the treadmill... which would not only not inhibit his recovery, but maybe even slightly enhance it.

I see your point

Swimming is great for cardiovascular health, but will only get you so far in regards to burning fat. I swam for 8 year competitively and never really dropped below 10% bf. The body tends to hold on to the fat you have to keep the body afloat and warm. That's why you very seldom see any ripped swimmers, even at the olympic lvl. It will work great at first, but once you get around 10%, It's very difficult to rid that last bit of fat. Hope that makes some sense.

This is spot on and there's even more to it when you think about the temp of the water and the desire for the body to stay warm with..........FAT. No arguments as to the cardiovascular health, but it would depend on what is most important to you.

A versa climber or those moving rock walls would make more sense to the BB, as you are moving as much of your body as possible and the impact is still nil. The goal is to find that which moves your limbs as fast as possible, without engaging FT muscle or building lactic acid, and negating impact any greater than seen when walking. Hence the reason, fast stationary cycling with hardly any resistance smokes walking, when it comes to fat burning. The legs are turning over faster, thus HR is higher, yet the resistance is so light that FT is not engaged and no damage is done to the muscles.

Swimming, in moderation and slowly building up, is going to enhance recovery (as well as naturally stretch and lengthen muscle) more than other cardio. Obviously doing sprints for two hours a day would be counter productive to bber goals but not many people do that.

This is spot on and there's even more to it when you think about the temp of the water and the desire for the body to stay warm with..........FAT. No arguments as to the cardiovascular health, but it would depend on what is most important to you

Have you noticed that the majority of swimmers have ripped physics? Now add BBing to the mix with swimming for fat burning.....what do you think the outcome will be?

Don't get me wrong. The pictures below show guy's who strictly swim and DO NOT bodybuild. So imagine starting with a base like these guys have and add BBing to the mix. I cannot see how swimming would not be beneficial at all to staying lean and growing muscle if you SPRINT in the water vs land sprints.

Here are a few examples:

hot__male_%2520swimmers_1.jpg

14792bc77e5759abf69f4950ef00ffaa.jpg

1955ed973cf686cebe70da70d5cac0cf.jpg

0fcbff0576d37b19e1f6cb40c67b9d85.jpg

6688da0cd11a989ae4829e8a86197a52.jpg

article-2165971-13CD8804000005DC-351_634x526.jpg

go ahead and do it...no one is stopping you.

seems like you're trying to convince everyone of something.

or do sprints?

Levronel lecarlLleewisblewijoncarllewisbenjonsonsprintnot sure which one someone will give the details I am sure

Swimming is great when you are a kid growing up... It will widen your shoulders

-you ask if swimming would be good HIIT

-people say 'no', and give reasons why

-you essentially say:

"I still think it'd be a good idea for bodybuilders though, here are some pics of skinny swimmers to prove it, including at least 1 photoshopped one"

(ill let you guess)

there is a reason why successful bodybuilders don't do swimming for HIIT cardio... (many don't even do HIIT cardio)

if you can't figure out why on your own... then I don't think anyone here can help you.

but like I said, go ahead and do it yourself, no one is saying you shouldn't.

-you ask if swimming would be good HIIT

-people say 'no', and give reasons why

-you essentially say:

"I still think it'd be a good idea for bodybuilders though, here are some pics of skinny swimmers to prove it, including at least 1 photoshopped one"

(ill let you guess)

there is a reason why successful bodybuilders don't do swimming for HIIT cardio... (many don't even do HIIT cardio)

if you can't figure out why on your own... then I don't think anyone here can help you.

but like I said, go ahead and do it yourself, no one is saying you shouldn't.

Well if OP is asking if swimming is good for HIIT, then, yes, its probably the best form of cardio there is. You answered a different question

Well if OP is asking if swimming is good for HIIT, then, yes, its probably the best form of cardio there is. You answered a different question

indeed.

it seems as though his question has evolved as the thread progressed.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws