advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How Many Pounds of Whey Protein per Month do you Consume?

how many pounds of whey protein per month do you consume?

Votes: 44 13.2%
  • 1-2

Votes: 55 16.5%
  • 3-5

Votes: 108 32.3%
  • 6-9

Votes: 71 21.3%
  • 10-15

Votes: 40 12.0%
  • 16-20

Votes: 10 3.0%
  • 20+???

Votes: 6 1.8%

• Total voters
5 pounds a month on average. Hate shakes, every moment of drinking one is pure torture to me but my work is constant stress, consistent travel, ever changing schedules thus my appetite and body is in a state of perpetual confusion. I find that even when I feel my worst I can choke one down so they become a necessary evil to keep up.

Interesting how many people hardly use any at all. If it weren't for shakes, there would be no way that my schedule would allow me to eat as much protein as I do. Glad to see I'm not the only one to hit the 20lb/month mark.

im with you there bro, its by no means useless, i go through 10lbs of whey per month, other then nutrients that whole food contains, gram for gram, why is egg whites, or chicken breast better then good whey protein powder, explain the science between the two, i always hear whole food is so much better then powders and maybe it is, but what makes it so much better idk

Last edited:
im with you there bro, its by no means useless, i go through 10lbs of whey per month, other then nutrients that whole food contains, gram for gram, why is egg whites, or chicken breast better then good whey protein powder, explain the science between the two, i always hear whole food is so much better then powders and maybe it is, but what makes it so much better idk

I do use protein blend powder. However. We were made for eating/chewing food not drinking it. It's a satiety thing too.

When deployed I get 50%-80% of my total protein from powder because much of the protein in the chow hall is prepared such that getting 200+ grams/day will have you eating a fuckton of horrible fried/greasy shit.

Right now I get 120gm/day from a mix of whey and casein. When I am home in the states I only use shakes PWO or if pressed for time, so more like 60gm/day.

lbs

Normally a 5 lb container will last me for a month. I also ue 2.5 lbs of Casein and 2 lbs of Carnivore.

I'm curious to see if anybody else has difficulty understanding why people discriminate between whey protein and "whole food"?

Example: A cow goes to a meat processing plant to be "processed" meaning separated into various parts and components. Actually the healthiest parts (organ meats) are typically not even seen at most mainstream stores. So how is buying a processed glob of ground beef eating "whole foods"?

Whey is separated out from milk during cheese production. How is this any different from the ground beef situation above?

Vast majority of what people are calling "whole food" is processed (meats, egg whites, tuna fish, dairy, rice, pasta, oats, I could go on.

probably around 7 or so. back in the day I use to go through a 5lb container every week....way too much

ummm... so you eat 600 grams of whey a day? :eek:
or do you bath in it?

hahahahaha, that made me laugh. Man I'd hate to get whey protein in my ass crack...especially if I have to go out in this heat.

If I could do it all again I would not have spent so much money on whey protein. I would probably be debt free if i did. But whatever i usually go through about 4 ps a month. poor kidneys.

I use a mix of hydro and iso for my one shake so not a whole lot. I keep mainly to whole foods as a protein source, but I think it all depends on each person's schedule flexibility. Heard a fair amount of competitors who rely pretty heavily on shakes. For me I need something with a little more substance.

3-4 shakes A day at 75 gms whey w- 30-50 carbs seems to keep my 245 lbs dialed in.
Then pot roast, cookies and ice cream w a gallon of milk till I passout.

3 to 5 pounds myself
but all depends on how much I eat each day so sometimes more shakes or none

Whey is junk.

Meat and Eggs Is WAY BETTER than that shitty Powder that taste bad.

Dairy make people physique Look Soft.

Last edited:
During the offseason I range from 2-4 scoops a day (split between isolate and casein depending on time of day etc)

Right now I use about 1-1.5 scoops of isolate most days in my postWO oats

All in all I guess I'd say ~90servings/mo*25g = 2.2kg/mo...damn, almost 5lbs of powder in the offseason and a third of that, so around 1-1.5lbs while cutting/prepping

Whey is junk.

Meat and Eggs Is WAY BETTER than that shitty Powder that taste bad.

Dairy make people physique Look Soft.

Idiotic statement.
Milk chocolate and icecream are a mainstay in my diet.
Keeps me near Contest shape year round.

Idiotic statement.
Milk chocolate and icecream are a mainstay in my diet.
Keeps me near Contest shape year round.

Thats because of all the gear you running juicemonkey.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131