over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How many proteins do you use.

So you are concerned with getting diseased fish? I've heard people say the omega content is lower in farm raised fish. I consider seafood to be a once in awhile delicacy now because of all the radioactive toxin in the ocean from the meltdowns that have occurred.
I'm not concerned with anything. I'm not a big fish eater. I was just providing information about farm raised salmon. They aren't grown in a pristine pool in the midwest. They are still in the same ocean as wild caught, but raised in pens.

ah I gotcha. Thank you for the information. I don't eat fish either unless its sushi like once a month or something on a date.

I prefer beef, chicken, eggs, dairy for protein.

ah I gotcha. Thank you for the information. I don't eat fish either unless its sushi like once a month or something on a date.

I prefer beef, chicken, eggs, dairy for protein.
Same here. And I LOVE sushi!

Very few actually. Guess I am on low protein 'diet'. My wife is a vegan (strongest, most
enduring, and the healthiest woman I know) but has zero qualms about cooking me meat.

I do eat meat a few days a week, mostly fish, salmon (wild caught), I do eat chicken
and beef (rarely, usually in the form of a hamburger.) Can't remember when I last had a
real 'cut' of beef but do have a farm raised, organic producer a few miles away but
I have never visited.

Protein mostly comes from farm raised eggs (I see the chickens in the field, know the
owner), salmon, tofu, and lots of mixed grains, seeds, nuts, and vegetables. There is
the odd ham or pork thrown in there now and again (holidays, restaurants) but I consider
that negligible, a non event when I look at my overall protein sources.

I have no idea how many grams of protein I consume daily but it appears to be enough.
Having counted grams before, gotten up to two to three hundred, my experience has
been that it never really made a difference in how I looked, how I felt, or how strong I
was. Wait . . . I tell a lie. When I got up to the aforementioned numbers, I never felt that
great; was mostly shakes, but the quality was not as good as it is today. I was always
my leanest, felt the best was and strongest (strength to bodywork ratio) on a high
carbo, low protein, low fat food plan.

Know this runs counter to most people experiences from what I have read here but just
a 'normal' balanced diet seems to work best for me and where I am the healthiest.

I eat a wide variety every day.

Beef
Chicken
Salmon
Prawns
Vegan protein powder (pea, hemp, brown rice)
EAAs

Very few actually. Guess I am on low protein 'diet'. My wife is a vegan (strongest, most
enduring, and the healthiest woman I know) but has zero qualms about cooking me meat.

I do eat meat a few days a week, mostly fish, salmon (wild caught), I do eat chicken
and beef (rarely, usually in the form of a hamburger.) Can't remember when I last had a
real 'cut' of beef but do have a farm raised, organic producer a few miles away but
I have never visited.

Protein mostly comes from farm raised eggs (I see the chickens in the field, know the
owner), salmon, tofu, and lots of mixed grains, seeds, nuts, and vegetables. There is
the odd ham or pork thrown in there now and again (holidays, restaurants) but I consider

I have no idea how many grams of protein I consume daily but it appears to be enough.
Having counted grams before, gotten up to two to three hundred, my experience has
been that it never really made a difference in how I looked, how I felt, or how strong I
was. Wait . . . I tell a lie. When I got up to the aforementioned numbers, I never felt that
great; was mostly shakes, but the quality was not as good as it is today. I was always
my leanest, felt the best was and strongest (strength to bodywork ratio) on a high

Know this runs counter to most people experiences from what I have read here but just
a 'normal' balanced diet seems to work best for me and where I am the healthiest.
Nice post

how many meals do you eat nowadays out of curiosity

Nice post
how many meals do you eat nowadays out of curiosity

Thank you.

I eat twice a day. Once around 11AM, then around 6PM.
Few if any snacks (nuts, fruit) between meals. I do not
eat after 6PM. I eat when hungry, and not much. And
variety and quality are key. I don't stress or really think
about how much protein I am getting each day (been
there . . . done that) but if I had to take a guess at it,
I am probably below the DRI.

A cup of coffee then off to the gym most days.

I do cardio for about 1 hour around 7AM, weights about 1 hour,
stretching about 1 hour, meditation, hot tub, shower then home,
3 - 4 days a week.

'Off' days I usually walk for cardio, outside, rain or shine for
2 - 4 hours; sometimes all day. My meal frequency remains
the same except when on long long walks I snack a lot (my
wife carries my food :) ).

I try and take one 'real' day off per week. No nothing.
Like today.

I simply don't require much food or sleep. And I am never at
a loss for energy. Not to brag but few if any can keep up with
me (pace) at the gym. Always been that way. Had some good
influences when I was young. Just lucky I guess . . .

I saw nuts, don't nuts have a ton of omega 6 which is bad? Ive read the 3 to 6 ratio is whats important. basically, avoid the omega 6 at all costs.

As for me, 92% beef, turkey, salmon, eggs.

How do you guys cook your eggs? I don't find eggs filling at all, maybe if hard boiled but otherwise I just use them as gravy for my beef or turkey or pork.

Thank you.

I eat twice a day. Once around 11AM, then around 6PM.
Few if any snacks (nuts, fruit) between meals. I do not
eat after 6PM. I eat when hungry, and not much. And
variety and quality are key. I don't stress or really think
about how much protein I am getting each day (been
there . . . done that) but if I had to take a guess at it,
I am probably below the DRI.

A cup of coffee then off to the gym most days.

I do cardio for about 1 hour around 7AM, weights about 1 hour,
stretching about 1 hour, meditation, hot tub, shower then home,
3 - 4 days a week.

'Off' days I usually walk for cardio, outside, rain or shine for
2 - 4 hours; sometimes all day. My meal frequency remains
the same except when on long long walks I snack a lot (my
wife carries my food :) ).

I try and take one 'real' day off per week. No nothing.
Like today.

I simply don't require much food or sleep. And I am never at
a loss for energy. Not to brag but few if any can keep up with
me (pace) at the gym. Always been that way. Had some good
influences when I was young. Just lucky I guess . . .

Just common sense really. ALL of us are massively overdoing the protein thinking it will lead to more gains when it really doesn't.

I have never visited.

true, most people, especially here, eat way more than they can use. even the 1g per pound will do you no better than .6 will. its all in your head if think more is better for you. besides, muscle is 70 percent water by weight. u gain 20 pound of muscle, thats 6 pounds of actual tissue. guys eat 250 pounds of protein in grams a year to get that.....carbs are king for muscle gain, not protein. nor are animal proteins better than plant proteins. as long as u get all the aminos, that is.

Hard to take people serious when they talk about reference ranges of macro nutrients like someone on globs of gear have the same nitrogen retention as Joe blow. Same old BS psuedo-science.

surprised how many guys are eating alot of beef. not worried obut heart health or colon health?
surprised at how few of people mentioned pork as a meat in their diet....
wonder why we dont eat more pork?
-F2S

surprised how many guys are eating alot of beef. not worried obut heart health or colon health?
surprised at how few of people mentioned pork as a meat in their diet....
wonder why we dont eat more pork?
-F2S
i think its bullshit about beef, I eat 95% Ground beef daily with white rice do fine, dont like porc, maybe ground pork is good but dont really like the taste.

I think the most anabolic food you can buy in a grocery store is whole eggs and Beef and whole milk. Nothing compare too those 3.

i think its bullshit about beef, I eat 95% Ground beef daily with white rice do fine, dont like porc, maybe ground pork is good but dont really like the taste.

I think the most anabolic food you can buy in a grocery store is whole eggs and Beef and whole milk. Nothing compare too those 3.

I used to eat alot of non-grass fed beef. then got educated and now we only eat grassfed beef and most of its pretty pricey so that made us cut down. but also, decided to eat less beef in general for colon health. When we eat beef now, its 85/15% grass fed ground beef. i feel ground beef is easiest to digest and cheapest way to get grass fed beef.
my staples for protein are:
Chicken, eggs, grass fed ground beef, fish, shellfish, dairy (cottage cheese and milk)
-F2S

For me it comes down to time and money spent.

Most of the time, my protein intake consists of Whey Isolate, Chicken Breast, Greek Yogurt, egg whites, sirloin/flank/tri-tip when it is on sale, and sometimes ground beef or turkey.

If i'm working 40+ hours per week, driving for an hour each day, hitting the gym, then getting stuff done around the house, and spending time with the kids and helping with their homework and getting read for the next day....then time is a factor. I'll just cook a few pounds of chicken twice per week formajority of my 'meat' intake. Maybe some red meat if I get it $5-6.00/#, greek yogurt and whey isolate shakes.

Money….I can get chicken for 1.99-2.99/#, so it is a staple because i'm not rich. Again, i'll get red meat if it comes down for sale. I'll throw in ground beef/turkey if I get in the mood. Greek yogurt is actually not as cheap as it used to be, but I can eat it easily, and it's quick to make and eat.

Tuna...I ate so many cans back in the 90's, I can't even smell that shit anymore. I get the itch to eat them every now and then, but they end up sitting in our cabinet until the wife eats them.

Seafood...i'm not a big seafood eater...I like Fish and chips:D I seriously can't stand seafood, but I can get down white fish fairly easy, and I could do it if I had to the last 4-6 weeks of a diet and tough it out...but:) Also, seafood can be pretty expensive, so i'd rather just buy extra chicken and whey and enjoy my food, then have extra $$$ to go out or spend on my kids.

Shrimp is cool, and I can eat it easier than most seafood, but it gets expensive too. The trick to eating shrimp is to combine it with another protein so it lasts longer. So, instead of having like 12-16oz of shrimp per feeding, kick it down to like 4-8oz + a chicken or beef, or whatever.

This isn't counting stuff like nuts and stuff.

Easiest recipe ever....get 2 slabs (or more packs if needed) tri-tip from Costco, then trim it up a little. Pour/rub Pappy's seasoning all over it, then put 2 slabs into those metal foil pans and cover with foil. Cook in the oven at 2575 degrees for 5-7 hours. Pour the juices out into a large fat strainer/separator....while that separates, shred the beef, then pour the juices (minus the fat) back into the meat. Done! Will last me for a while.

"put 2 slabs into those metal foil pans and cover with foil. Cook in the oven at 2575 degrees for 5-7 hours."

Cover with foil TIGHTLY, then cook at 275 degrees....

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws