over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How many pullups can you do?

I never did high reps with pullups, but I did do weighted. At my best I think I was doing 80 lbs for about 10 reps in the wide grip pullup with hands pronated.

Some big numbers in this thread. I'm 42, 5'9", 205. I can do 20-25 fresh without kipping or jerking around. I thought I was above average but 35 overhand and 10 with 4 plates. Holy shit!

I was feeling good about how many pullups I could do until I started this thread and now I feel like a pussy

Depends on the grip.
I have to do wide overhand 1st since its the hardest fo me. I actually just did 20 today
Underhand close grip 30 more.. My arms are much stronger
Then you can do the close straight grip I did 25 of those.
I actually have a chin up bar in my doorway...
Dips without weights I can crank out over a hundred no problem...
Push ups changing hand placement from finger tips to my fist going flat handed even doing diamonds 150 plus.
Right now I'm boucing around 190lbs. Ill be 49 in a couple weeks and I'm 5"6

O my bench I hit 5 at 275lbs. My last workout...I've only been in the 315 club once in my life but I got 4 weeks to do it. I think I can make it so once again

Last edited:
6'3 235-245 10-15 dead relaxed hang chest to bar 10-15. When i'm around 270 5-8.

I believe everyone in this thread actually but i dont believe most people when they spit out numbers. I love when people ask how much can you bench? I say some crazy number like 720 just because its a stupid question that most people lie about. I am not talking members on here, you know what i mean. Everyone benched 600 until the shoulder injury back in the day:D

Pencil neck: what can you bench?

Me: whatever i want. Livestock, cars, your mom.

Back on topic i can do 20+ with good form fresh. Never was into the cross fit style but im thinking 50 or so.

Some days more than others. I've made it a point over the last year to get better on the pull-up bar and I definitely have. I usually start back day with wide grip. 4 sets 12,10,10,8. I'm at my heaviest now too so it's s good feeling to push them out. I know others can do way more but I'll get there. That's for damn sure. 5'9" 218 right now.

lol 6' 280 and like 5... u guys suck! i thought it was impressive to even wriggle around from hanging at my weight but apparently not ;) I'm working on it though, but i'm in a growth spurt so kind of an uphill battle as I gain more weight at the moment...

this allways fucked up my shoulder and never really could feel it in my back. it does take a long time to get up in reps.

31 today....couldn't really record it....gym was packed
i guess from yesterday.

:cool:

It's all relative
Like the kid at the gym that says he squats 500 but goes down 1/4 of the way
Or the old guy that says they bench 400 but goes halfway down...
In my line of work I give pull up tests and if their not completly hanging and the chins not over the bar they don't count

It's all relative
Like the kid at the gym that says he squats 500 but goes down 1/4 of the way
Or the old guy that says they bench 400 but goes halfway down...
In my line of work I give pull up tests and if their not completly hanging and the chins not over the bar they don't count
I can't stand seeing that. Before the Internet was as readily accessible as it is now, I could see some guys claim ignorance, thinking that a partial ROM is acceptable. But now... What the hell... Countless threads and memes and videos ridiculing the quarter squat, half bench, etc. There's no excuse really.

Edit: yeah, I realize there are legitimate applications for partials, especially in powerlifting. But you can usually tell which guys know what they are doing, vs the window licker who is just trying to look cool with a bunch of weight on the bar.

Last edited:
I can't stand seeing that. Before the Internet was as readily accessible as it is now, I could see some guys claim ignorance, thinking that a partial ROM is acceptable. But now... What the hell... Countless threads and memes and videos ridiculing the quarter squat, half bench, etc. There's no excuse really.

Edit: yeah, I realize there are legitimate applications for partials, especially in powerlifting. But you can usually tell which guys know what they are doing, vs the window licker who is just trying to look cool with a bunch of weight on the bar.

I get it if you are posting a vid saying "i squat 600lbs clean" but I don't get criticizing a pro with 35" quads that doesn't hit parallel... sometimes it's about building and what works and not about your buddies in high school making sure you touch your chest with the bar... we can all pull up plenty of vids of terrible form from pros and call them this or that but at the end of the day none of us can currently stand next to them... I squat half squats! lol I have some issue with my left knee that really gets aggravated if I do a free squat deep, my legs still grow great with half squats, but it is what it is and you won't see me showing up to a power lifting meet saying I can squat 600 clean... on the flip side literally every single guy at my gym who can squat 315 DEEP, can't stand anywhere near me on leg development, so take that full ROM for what it's worth, don't be a form bully and do what works for YOU. IMO... Not everyone's body is like yours, not everyone can safely do a full range without injury, sometimes you have to balance how you can get the most effectiveness out of the movement with the least amount of wear for longevity and everyone has to weigh that individually...

I get it if you are posting a vid saying "i squat 600lbs clean" but I don't get criticizing a pro with 35" quads that doesn't hit parallel... sometimes it's about building and what works and not about your buddies in high school making sure you touch your chest with the bar... we can all pull up plenty of vids of terrible form from pros and call them this or that but at the end of the day none of us can currently stand next to them... I squat half squats! lol I have some issue with my left knee that really gets aggravated if I do a free squat deep, my legs still grow great with half squats, but it is what it is and you won't see me showing up to a power lifting meet saying I can squat 600 clean... on the flip side literally every single guy at my gym who can squat 315 DEEP, can't stand anywhere near me on leg development, so take that full ROM for what it's worth, don't be a form bully and do what works for YOU. IMO... Not everyone's body is like yours, not everyone can safely do a full range without injury, sometimes you have to balance how you can get the most effectiveness out of the movement with the least amount of wear for longevity and everyone has to weigh that individually...
That's fair, but most of the time it's a skinny young guy that has no business with 400+ on his back. And I'm not a form bully, I keep to myself in the gym.

31 today....couldn't really record it....gym was packed

i guess from yesterday.

:cool:

Headed to the gym in an hour or so to train back so I'll do pull-ups first to see if I can beat your score ;)

I assume wide grip overhand?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity