over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How many sets do YOU work with?

jay o.

Registered
My body loves volume with high intensity for growth. My question is how many sets do you do for arms specifically, then anything else you wanna share and explain how growth has come along. I really wanna hear arms at least though as I think mine are beginning to slightly lag maybe and could use seeing some helpful responses.

Last edited:
My body loves volume with high intensity for growth. My question is how many sets do you do for arms specifically, then anything else you wanna share and explain how growth has come along. I really wanna hear arms at least though as I think mine are beginning to slightly lag maybe and could use seeing some helpful responses.

I think change is the best. I wouldnt commit to any one rep range.

Compound movements (close grip, dips) Ill use a lower rep range with a heavier weight. When moving on to isolation excersices the weight drops and the reps increase. Sometime I like to finish with a very light set for 30+ reps or do a super set of some form.

Variety is important I think

very similar to how i train myself, but instead of finishing with a superset i like to do a dropset

Per Reg Park and Arnold, I do very high volume for each muscle, and it wasn't until I learned to train like this that I exploded with DENSE muscle growth.

REMEMBER--you must GRADUALLY add volume to your workouts, just like you gradually add extra WEIGHT or additonal REPS! You can't go from benching 225lbs to 405lbs overnight, so you can't go from 12 sets to 30 sets overnight either. ;)

Start to add new EXERCISES or ADDITIONAL SETS to existing exercises every few weeks. Eventually, the goal is to do:

25-30 sets for chest, back and legs
20-25 sets for triceps, biceps, delts, and calves.

are they starting to "lag" as in, not progress like your other surrounding muscles? or ar arms just your genetic weak point?

MOST IMPORTANTLY--what specific EXERCISES are you using to train your TRICEPS AND BICEPS? WHAT ORDER?

Try this...do your traditional arm day once a week. Also, throw in one exercise for bis, and one for tris, after all of your other upperbody workouts. Kevin English talks about doing this for lagging body parts. I do it, and I think it feels wonderful! Give it a try. ;)

my first bi/tri workout for the week 9-12 sets of each not counting 3 for brachioradialis, 2nd workout for the week (entire day devoted to arms)18-22 sets of each with about 6-8 for brachioradialis. been doing this for about a year and feel arms are better now than they have ever been.

I do calves, forearms, traps, and tris twice a week, everything else once a week. usually 8-12 sets per bodypart except hams which I limit to 6 sets, they seem to get hit really hard from squats and deads.

Cool, thanks for all the replies guys!

Per Reg Park and Arnold, I do very high volume for each muscle, and it wasn't until I learned to train like this that I exploded with DENSE muscle growth.

REMEMBER--you must GRADUALLY add volume to your workouts, just like you gradually add extra WEIGHT or additonal REPS! You can't go from benching 225lbs to 405lbs overnight, so you can't go from 12 sets to 30 sets overnight either. ;)

Start to add new EXERCISES or ADDITIONAL SETS to existing exercises every few weeks. Eventually, the goal is to do:

25-30 sets for chest, back and legs
20-25 sets for triceps, biceps, delts, and calves.

I think i understand you. But I already have alot of volume in my workouts, so what exactly are you saying by increasing sets/exercises? I think I may be overtraining them as they are barely growing compared to the rate it was growing. Is it possible they just got use to the routine quickly and just dont want to budge for now?

are they starting to "lag" as in, not progress like your other surrounding muscles? or ar arms just your genetic weak point?

Well not necessarily lagging...I think maybe my bis are lagging a little if anything. Its making decent progress right now but i just FEEL like it could be slightly faster knowing my genetics with putting on mass quickly (especially in my arms). My arms are definitely my genetic strong point in combination with my back..

MOST IMPORTANTLY--what specific EXERCISES are you using to train your TRICEPS AND BICEPS? WHAT ORDER?

I switch it up...sometimes i start with alternating dumbbell curls...here's one of my routines in order (i usually like to knock out one muscle group at a time when doing arms, idk why, it feels more organized, is this a bad way of training them?):

Biceps-
Alternating db curl
Hammer curl
Barbell curl
Alternating incline db curl
Peak curl
Preacher curl

Triceps-
Dips
CGBP
Skullcrushers
Triangle extensions
Rope overhead extensions
Db overhead extensions

I do a couple sets of each exercise.

Last edited:

For biceps,,triceps and forearms right now I'm doing about 25 sets total.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131