advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How many times a month could you just snap in a gym!

Weird that Fathead said this as this happened to me yesterday--the very exact same thing said-comical. Heres fatheads dilemna though--if he goes off on the guy he now looks like he is getting overly charged up about something that he is being accused of. If Fathead doesnt say anything at all he now looks like the truth has been told and he has nothing to say in defense. Its a cant win situation. It amazes me as you get larger in muscular size that people feel they can say anything to you and get away with it because they feel your so big that you wouldnt dare knock their ass out.

"what are you on?"

i just tell them if i told them they wouldnt believe me....or not know what i am talking about...

"he's on steroids"

i usually just tell them if thats what they need to tell themselves to make themselves feel less guilty about not putting any real effort into their body, then so be it..

both replies generate angry responses in most cases but still leave me not looking like a raging meathead.

Steak Helmet said:
I hate that question...

WHAT ARE YOU ON???

I just say it is 15 years of training and working my ass off. I tell them FOOD FOOD FOOD...is the key to size.

I usually say "the secret is lots of pizza and ice cream!" ;)

KR

last week a guy at the gym who competes and I were talking about doing shows and this guy who was about 30% bf walks up to us and says, "are you guys talking about bodybuilding?" Both of us just looked at him dumbfounded and he blurts out, "how do I get shredded?" Talk about a vague question. Now I'm sort of an asshole and don't like talking to people I don't know, I looked at him and said I found this killer combination for getting big and lean...he looks at me intently, waiting for the key to rock hard abs in 6 weeks (thanks men's health), and I told him....diet and exercise. Then I turned around and finished my conversation. People think there's this magic potion we all take to look how we do...to an extent there is, but alot of hard work and dedication goes into it, not eating doritos and drinking root beer.

well talk about poetic justice, this asshole know it all olympic lifter threw the weights down today with about 230 on the bar and it bounced back and smashed his foot. The guy has never had any controll and just threw the bar down and there has been quite a few times ive come inches from the bar nailing my ankle

Dealing with people in the gym is such a pain in the ass. Im bigger than most of the people at my gym at 190 pounds which is nothing yet I get all these same questions. I could only wonder if I was around 220 or so. There is one guy who is probably 5'7 235 and shredded but I know how much I hate when little pricks ask me dumb shit so I never ask him anything bc he probably feels the same way towards the 190 pound guys.

Have some fun with it, guys!!!

If I get the guy who wants me to curl his bench press weight b/c he's 50lb over his max., I make him work for it:

Give hime the most punishing forced rep ever - like 30 s of pure agony that will make him never want to bench press again, much less ask you for a spot. "C'mon Baby, you gotta WANT it. PUSH now, PUUUUUUUUSH!!!! Show me what you're made of. Get that shit, come on big man. Lock that sucker. Its you versus gravity. SHow that shit who's boss big dog. Go, just a few more inches..... Almost there, just keep pushing... Now get that lockout..... WHEW!!! Nice rep!!! OK, now 2 more just like that!!!! "

:eek:

-Randy

I'm with you on this Randy.....make him work for it.

Just watch those veins pop out in his head and keep saying ...." it's all you bro.....it's all you".

Let him hang awhile before you help out......they don't ask again for a spot.

i hate the question?????????

what are you on ... or he s on something for sure ..... or nnoo way he is natural ...

"take a 20lb dumb bell and plant it in their freaking skull"--I thoght you were stronger than that! LOL!

Re: Have some fun with it, guys!!!

homonunculus said:
If I get the guy who wants me to curl his bench press weight b/c he's 50lb over his max., I make him work for it:

Give hime the most punishing forced rep ever - like 30 s of pure agony that will make him never want to bench press again, much less ask you for a spot. "C'mon Baby, you gotta WANT it. PUSH now, PUUUUUUUUSH!!!! Show me what you're made of. Get that shit, come on big man. Lock that sucker. Its you versus gravity. SHow that shit who's boss big dog. Go, just a few more inches..... Almost there, just keep pushing... Now get that lockout..... WHEW!!! Nice rep!!! OK, now 2 more just like that!!!! "

:eek:

-Randy

I agree with you on that one. I just take it one step further, I don't help at all. I will let the bar plop down on their chest (not to the point of injury) and just let it sit there. After a couple of seconds, I will loudly ask "do you need me to get it off of you?". Once they are humiliated by the fact that they had to ask me to lift the weight for them, I feel much better and they usually don't want me to spot them again.

LOL

I left commercial gyms because of all of that crap. Sometimes I would just start talking smack to these guys. They would ask me how to get big and strong and I would reply "Quit training like a fucking girl." Or some little swimmer would be doing dumbell curls with 20lb'ers and I'd walk over and grab the 100's and bang out some curls as I stood right next to them. Oh, and the famous "I wanna get big but I don't wanna lose my abs" to which I would reply " you ain't getting any pussy anyway so who cares about your abs." The list could go on forever. LOL.

PB

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdx236