advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How many times a week do you work muscle groups?

Biggest Fish

Newbies
I was wondering how many times a week do you work bigger muscle groups and smaller groups? I've read some work smaller groups more than 3 times a week and bigger groups twice a week. Thanks BF

I train my entire body 5-6 days a week. Lifting is my addiction. I focus on good form, rebuilding the mind/muscle connections, and getting a pump. I try and rotate exercises every session. Currently cutting on keto and doing well. Pick a sets/reps range that you can recover from in one day but I mix this up too.

Current body part order
Abs for warming up
Biceps
Shoulders
Chest
Back
Traps
Triceps
Legs

Twice but sometimes I'll throw in a set for a smaller lagging body part on a different day than I'd normally focus on it. Push, pull, legs, push, pull, legs, rest. That's my training week, low volume but high frequency.

I still do a “bro split”, 5 day routine, hitting each group once. But I’m also just a gym rat, if I feel like doing squats on arm day I’ll do some squats! Lol

When I started I worked everything 2x a week. Then started spreading it out to it was 1x a week. These days it is 2-3 times a week I made gains and all of those.

When I started I worked everything 2x a week. Then started spreading it out to it was 1x a week. These days it is 2-3 times a week I made gains and all of those.
Where did you see the best progress from

The most progress happened the fist year or 2 of training when I was training more then once week. But that is to be expected as any training early on should get results.

now at my age and 25 yrs of hard training its just a push, pull, legs day. i can maintain with that

Legs and Abs twice a week. Everything else once.

I have a 4 day split and I take Sunday's off. So in 9 days I hit each muscle twice. I hit abs or calfs at the start of each workout to get the blood flowing.

5 day old school BB split.
Legs
Chest
Off
Back
Shoulders
Arms
Off

I have a 4 day split and I take Sunday's off. So in 9 days I hit each muscle twice. I hit abs or calfs at the start of each workout to get the blood flowing.

Same here. 2x per week minimum. I do a 3 day split, with no days off. The days off come occasionally when life gets in the way.

With doing abs and calfs everyday does it give you any localized fat loss in those areas?

The abs and calves is funny. John Meadows said he got his best calf growth when he would train them almost everyday and took days off when the bottom of his feet would hurt.

I’ve been doing 2-3 sets 3-4 days in a row.

Did the bro split 15yrs ago but now I do each body part 2x a week but still bro split style :)
I still do a “bro split”, 5 day routine, hitting each group once. But I’m also just a gym rat, if I feel like doing squats on arm day I’ll do some squats! Lol

Did the bro split 15yrs ago but now I do each body part 2x a week but still bro split style :D

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear