over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How many use a "super greens" type supplement

Gunsmith

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
For the last couple years I've drastically reduced the amount of vegetables and fruits I'm able to eat and this year has been almost zero. This is due to them not passthrough the stomach and into the small bowel due to a very complicated Roux-en-Y gastric bypass that had to be be done during an emergency surgery after a failed duodenal diverticuli surgery (it's a complete cluster fuck)
Anyway , when I eat fibrous foods the end up stuck in my stomach/duodenum for hours and hours until I end up throwing them up.

So I'm currently trying to find a way that I can add in some vitamins minerals and all the other good stuff that fruit and veggies offer.
Like everything else in the supplement industry there is a huge field of product with everyone claiming theirs is the best. So I wanted some first hand input from people that have used them and are not some obese house wife that is claiming that this is what changed her life when she started diet and exercise.
Anybody have a preference of brand to use to stay away from

I used to but lately I've just been buying those big packs of power greens and stuffing handfuls in my mouth randomly.

I currently use a combo of Controlled Labs' Orange Triad + Greens (their multivitamin and greens supp) plus Vibrant Health Spectrum Vibrance (supposed to be 4.5 servings of fruits/vegetables per serve). I've cut back my intake of vegetables as well the past couple years and figure these help make up for a bit of that. I did try a few tubs of Green Vibrance but my stomach never seemed to handle it well, possibly from the high amount of probiotics in that particular product (FWIW I've never done well with any ultra powerful probiotic supplement).

Personally use controlled labs orange triad but only because that’s what the budget currently allows. Ben Pakulski has gone deep into health and longevity and advocates Organifi greens, reds, and gold formulas. They aren’t cheap but maybe look into those.

I've used Juice Plus orchard / vineyard / garden blends for years. I have fruit at breakfast every day but I don't eat vegetables unless at a restaurant or my girlfriend cooks.

I use moringo powder which is a green nasty tasting powder. I know it’s not considered a “green product”. I like it

I do. I love 1st Phorm and Strong Physiquez versions. Athetic Greens is solid too.

I feel better when regularly incorporating those.

I used to use Amazing Greens - meh, maybe if I travel for a long period but never wowed by it. These days I throw spinach, mixed greens, carrots, celery and 100g of whey protein into my vitamix. Each fills 2 Mason jars which I freeze and thaw 4-6 as needed. Try to do two per day. Each is 50g of protein, tons of veggies in 32oz (whey will settle so add some water and shake before consuming). Works for me and gives me a ton of good healthy nutrition with near zero carbs.

I used to use Amazing Greens - meh, maybe if I travel for a long period but never wowed by it. These days I throw spinach, mixed greens, carrots, celery and 100g of whey protein into my vitamix. Each fills 2 Mason jars which I freeze and thaw 4-6 as needed. Try to do two per day. Each is 50g of protein, tons of veggies in 32oz (whey will settle so add some water and shake before consuming). Works for me and gives me a ton of good healthy nutrition with near zero carbs.
I use the Amazing Greens pills.

Y'all think a greens supplement is necessary on top of diet and a well-formulated multi? I'm on the fence.

Personally use controlled labs orange triad but only because that’s what the budget currently allows. Ben Pakulski has gone deep into health and longevity and advocates Organifi greens, reds, and gold formulas. They aren’t cheap but maybe look into those.
Not using it currently but the Organifi greens took me from a rough estimate of 12% bf to having visible abs with no other changes.

Y'all think a greens supplement is necessary on top of diet and a well-formulated multi? I'm on the fence.
Probably not if the diet is nutrition dense.
As far as the vitamin again the greens probably add something extra that a good multi vitamin does not , but I'm not convinced that most multi vitamin are really formulated that well nor do they digest and absorb are well.
This is my first time trying to use this as a supplement simply because I can't eat the whole food

Greens supps are a scam for the most part.

I'd focus more so on gut health and food that digests well with you individually.

I sip on Green Vibrance, EAAs and Glutmaine during AM fasted cardio.

the guy at the supermarket is always mentioning this

Moringa has many potential benefits. One of the main things that stood out to me was it's potential benefits regarding kidney health.

It's a fantastic addition for bodybuilders because of it's potential benefits for kidney function, blood glucose and general health.

The only way that i know of to get the benefit of many of the nutrients in fruits of veggies is to ingest them in some form. Not all things can be achieved through other food sources. And pills are not a real substitute in my experience. Probably better then nothing. But it would be like comparing low quality processed protein to a good high quality protein.

Gunsmith, have you tried using a masticating juicer?

I think greens supplements can be very useful. I don't think they are a scam but like any supplement there is a massive difference in regards to quality when comparing everything available. I eat a lot of fruit but I am terrible for getting in greens so I like to add a product in because it helps. I always get a good boost and they help keep me regular (I purposely use certain ones to help in that regard and if needed I add ingredients that will assist things). When I was juicing lot's in the past I had no real need to use such a product but even then I would add in individual products such as moringa and cacao powder to my smoothies. At the moment I am using Supplement Needs Greens+ because it contains an array of useful ingredients. I usually add a little extra fibre and a powdered lipid supplement and that is me covered.

The only way that i know of to get the benefit of many of the nutrients in fruits of veggies is to ingest them in some form. Not all things can be achieved through other food sources. And pills are not a real substitute in my experience. Probably better then nothing. But it would be like comparing low quality processed protein to a good high quality protein.

Gunsmith, have you tried using a masticating juicer?
I have no tried it but thought about it.
My concern was the volume of the sakes I'd need to get the nutrients from concentrate.
Right now I can get down 3oz of fish and 3oz sweet potato about ever 5hrs. I can manage a 24oz protein shake every 3hr. And I have to to stop eating or drinking at least 4hr before bed or it comes up
I'm drinking 90g EAA a day mixed between 3 of the maybe 4 liters of water I can get down a day or try to make up for the lack of protein.

There is a serious mechanical restriction with the bypass they made and the diameter of the duodenum is much smaller do to wat they had to do to remove the diverticuli.

I'm currently in the process of have a gamut of test and scans done for a few surgeon to look over and see if there is anything they can do to reverse this or make it a bit better.
I think my sister in law has a bad ass juicer she got for some fad shit she did , I may see if I can borrow that

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws