over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How many working sets per muscle group

Dvo36

Registered
Everyone responds differently but what works best for you? I find if I go too high volume I get tendinitis. How many sets and exercises do you do per muscle group?

I do the higher rep DC for us old farts, three way split. I try to hit around 12 reps for the first part of the rest pause.

Chest/delts/triceps/abs
Hams/calves/quads
Back width/back thickness/biceps/forearms

Sometimes I do 2 on 1 off, sometimes I do 1 on 1 off, sometimes I do 3 on 1 off........it all depends on what I've go going on and how I feel.

The other change I've made to it is that for every third workout for a given body part I do a Fortitude training Muscle Round set instead of the rest pause.

I want to try something new, first heavy day in two large groups (ex: chest back) and then the second day play with the pump in the same groups

Everyone responds differently but what works best for you? I find if I go too high volume I get tendinitis. How many sets and exercises do you do per muscle group?

I usually tend to get either golfers or tennis elbow tendinitis if I over do arms. I keep direct arm work at 2-3 sets for biceps and triceps per week. This has helped a lot. Especially in my 40s.

Each week is either chest focused or shoulder focused. It alternates. Legs and back always receive more work. Also alternate between more quad and hamstring focused weeks.

Just do it!!!

I think that I explain badly, I tried that and I liked it personally and it was the idea that I give to the creator of the thread, heavy days and then leave an extra day for the pump in the groups that feel less when training

16 minimum. Arnold did 21 or more. If you have tendon issues get on GH and 3 or 4 months from now you will feel much better.

i think ideally this should be something that changes. you cant have it static and really progress too much. :lightbulb:
I agree with that : according to how I feel how is sleep recovery... I may aim low rep like 5 or higher like 10 on my main lift
Then I would do a few other exercises mostly high reps 15 to 20
However if I went high rep on first one I would probably add another exercise in same rep range

I also vary intensity in that I may go to total failure or just to what I can move without a stop so 1 to a few reps off failure

Sent from my EML-L29 using Professional Muscle mobile app

For the past two months I have been following the type of 100s routine that Rory Leidelmeyer (sp?) used to talk about.

I came across it online and since I was having heel problems it sounded like a good way to change things up and not put much extra poundage on my heels with squats and leg presses.

I have been doing for about 7 weeks now. I can tell you one thing, I get sore as shit off this. I would get sore from my old training method. (Heavy for 8-12 reps), but this is something all together different. I mean the last quad/hamstring workout left me for three days feeling like I had sprayed liquid starch on my legs and then ironed them. Seriously, every time I had to get up from a seated position, it literally felt like the muscles were coming apart like velcro and swelling up. It was painful, but a very good type of pain. The kind we all secretly love.

Can we define “muscle group?”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16 minimum. Arnold did 21 or more. If you have tendon issues get on GH and 3 or 4 months from now you will feel much better.

I prefer volume training like Arnold. I did 7 chest exercises yesterday. If I’m feeling good I like to just keep going until I run out of steam. I can’t do a lot of volume on arms any more though due to wrist and elbow issues.

I prefer volume training like Arnold. I did 7 chest exercises yesterday. If I’m feeling good I like to just keep going until I run out of steam. I can’t do a lot of volume on arms any more though due to wrist and elbow issues.

Would you consider the way you train as more for the pump / maintenance and for the exercise benefit (similar to cardio) versus training for muscle mass ?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity