over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How much alcohol ya drink?

Less than 20 drinks a year - typically it's single drinks on a birthday, New Year's, etc.

Once every 2-3 months we'll go party all night and I'll get 3-4-5 of my yearly drinks in.

I don't enjoy the feeling of being drunk. Even a strong buzz isn't very enjoyable for me.

My wife and I are light social drinkers. Maybe 3-4x a year. When i do I definitely make the most of it!!

There is some pretty good Non Alcohol beers being made now. IPAs are more citrus grapefruit flavor.
They really have come a long way and are very good. Even at some local pubs, they have some good ones on Tap (Sam Adams NA, Athletic Brewery NA, etc).
I can still enjoy Wings and a Beer w/ out the tired/groggy shit-feeling...

I lost my prime years of bodybuilding to alcohol. Also set my life back at least a decade. I didn’t see it at the time because I was “having fun”. I didn’t think I had a problem because I didn’t drink “every day.” When I did drink though, it was in excess to the point of blacking out on most occasions. It took a lot of bad shit for me to finally wake up. Now, I will drink on a special occasion maybe 3-4 times a year, and am mindful of my consumption. IMO alcohol is one of the most damaging drugs out there. It’s not perceived as a drug because it’s legal, but it’s a drug no doubt.

I'm the same. Probably wasted over a decade of my life to it and C. Learned some very valuable lessons so no regrets.

Cause folks choose not to drink, you think theyre "soft"? I'd say that way of thinking is pretty juvenile and lacking any ounce of maturity.
Nope - don't let my opinion trigger you (that's called being soft). You have yours I have mine. It's ok.

Soft is claiming alcohol does all these things to you, when in reality it's way more often than not just someone who lacks self control. Alcohol isn't bad, kind of like food isn't bad, or kind of like guns aren't bad.

All love bro - just have my own viewpoints.

2-3 glasses of wine each week, maybe 2 12 oz cans of light beer as well. Hard alcohol practically never. I also go weeks / months without drinking and notice no changes.

Cause folks choose not to drink, you think theyre "soft"? I'd say that way of thinking is pretty juvenile and lacking any ounce of maturity.
I wasn't sure EXACTLY what his comment meant so I left it alone. If that is what he meant that's bs.

Nope - don't let my opinion trigger you (that's called being soft). You have yours I have mine. It's ok.

Soft is claiming alcohol does all these things to you, when in reality it's way more often than not just someone who lacks self control. Alcohol isn't bad, kind of like food isn't bad, or kind of like guns aren't bad.

All love bro - just have my own viewpoints.
Disagree. It's literal poison, which to some of us has little to zero plus side. At least PEDs have upside, even if they do have some deleterious effects.

I drink way too much. Not the hard stuff but plenty of beer and wine. Somehow I stay relatively lean. I wonder how lean I would get if I cut those extra 600-800 daily calories out.
Or if you replaced them with good food, something that adds to results vs takes away from them

When I was young, I drank like a fish. I am finding out the older I get, the less desire I have to drink. Only special occasions for me and a lot lighter on the drinks.

I’m pretty much a beer only guy and tend to drink a lot of volume so very low ABV beer is best for me. Only drink on saturdays and it’s usually after a lot of work (training, yard work, usually about an out of GPP, or other intense training). Saturday only, that’s my rule.

During college football I day drink when Michigan plays. Usually 5-8 total beers. All are between 4%-5% so it’s pretty light. I just like the taste and don’t care for the drunkenness so I’ve actually in some non-alcoholic beer (yeah I know kind of like decaf coffee 🤣)

Now during winter time I’ll go to heavier beers in the 6-8% range and have 2-3 on Saturday night.

In all sincerity 0 - Not for any moral reasons just sincerely don't enjoy the taste.
I loved the taste! One of the best breweries in the world was within walking distance and my in-law’s owned a boutique winery in the best wine growing area in the US which guaranties a unlimited amount of fine wine to my eventual demise.

And I loved everything about drinking; the taste, the variety, the seemingly endless quantity and not to mention how good it made me feel . . . Oh boy!

I really envy people who can moderate.

Sadly I had zero introspection into my behavior when drinking which embarrassed more people than I was aware of, especially my wife. How deeply I must have hurt and embarrassed her despite her persistent warnings.

Clearly my accelerometer worked far better than my brakes. Gladly no more. And I don’t think about it unless mentioned and I rarely miss it when mentioned.

They really have come a long way and are very good. Even at some local pubs, they have some good ones on Tap (Sam Adams NA, Athletic Brewery NA, etc).
I can still enjoy Wings and a Beer w/ out the tired/groggy shit-feeling...
You got it! No better time than now to drink NA beer. Glad you mentioned Athletic Brewing. It is for me the best I have ever tasted, clearly my favorite.

A close favorite that might be hard to find but worth the effort is the new Guinness 0 (Zero). Amazing. Would never know it’s NA.

This thread has been super interesting and I think it’s brought up a topic many have mentioned before…this sport attracts a lot of people with addictive personalities.

I don’t mean that in a negative way. I think it’s why many of you are so damn successfully committed (and look great!).

Many of my friends also got into bbing to escape drug and alcohol abuse. Heck, look how many pros have rec drug and alcohol issues in their past or present. I think that personality trait is what makes some of you so committed and amazing but also why for many it can be a fight to keep alcohol and rec drugs out of the picture.

You got it! No better time than now to drink NA beer. Glad you mentioned Athletic Brewing. It is for me the best I have ever tasted, clearly my favorite.

A close favorite that might be hard to find but worth the effort is the new Guinness 0 (Zero). Amazing. Would never know it’s NA.

I absolutely love the taste of beer…I don’t care for being drunk so I’ve been drinking the various 0ABV beers like athletic brewing and others.

The cool thing is a lot of local breweries now have a ton of 2%-3.5% ABV beers which is awesome. I know many think that’s pointless but I love the refreshing beer taste but I don’t want to be drunk or have the hangover (not to mention other negative health ramifications).

This thread has been super interesting and I think it’s brought up a topic many have mentioned before…this sport attracts a lot of people with addictive personalities.

I don’t mean that in a negative way. I think it’s why many of you are so damn successfully committed (and look great!).

Many of my friends also got into bbing to escape drug and alcohol abuse. Heck, look how many pros have rec drug and alcohol issues in their past or present. I think that personality trait is what makes some of you so committed and amazing but also why for many it can be a fight to keep alcohol and rec drugs out of the picture.
I agree with this. The only thing I don't like is when people who have had or have addition issues get on fat people. Personally I love to eat but have never been tempted or wanted any part of alcohol or drugs. So from my perspective I can understand how a person would be obese much more easily than I could understand someone being addicted to drugs or drinking. We are close taught from a young age drugs are bad but our parent's feed us happy meals.

I agree with this. The only thing I don't like is when people who have had or have addition issues get on fat people. Personally I love to eat but have never been tempted or wanted any part of alcohol or drugs. So from my perspective I can understand how a person would be obese much more easily than I could understand someone being addicted to drugs or drinking. We are close taught from a young age drugs are bad but our parent's feed us happy meals.
You know that’s an interesting perspective and I’d have to overall agree.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws