advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

how much androgel do you get prescribed? what will he give me for naty recovery?

mitochondria

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
just got offered it from uro, dont know how much yet, waiting to see about test and if puritay glands still working, are they still working post cycle btw? otherwise what will he prescribe me for natural recovery?

just got offered it from uro, dont know how much yet, waiting to see about test and if puritay glands still working, are they still working post cycle btw? otherwise what will he prescribe me for natural recovery?

Anodro gel doesn't help you restart your natural test. It is for replacement therapy. Its rub on test.

My urologist has me on 5 grams a day. My levels are tested consistently at 500 - 700 range for years. Rub it on a wide area after your shower (dry skin) for best absorption. Its not for bodybuilding but you will feel normal. I don't see how the gel will help you recover. Its a replacement therapy.

ya i said otherwise what would he give me for naty recovery? but dam 5gs of androgel it says on brochures they start out with 50 mg, how long did it take for you to get your doc to give you that much? insurence help?

ya i said otherwise what would he give me for naty recovery? but dam 5gs of androgel it says on brochures they start out with 50 mg, how long did it take for you to get your doc to give you that much? insurence help?

Keep in mind that only 10% of the test in the gel actually gets absorbed through the skin. You skin's function is to keep everything on the outside from getting inside you and it does a very good job. lol The gel is designed to mimic your own test production. A small amount of test everyday. He started me on it right away after my initial blood work and I was low. My insurance covers it except for the co-pay... otherwise its a total rip on the cost.

Other than PCT and time... no suggestions on recovery. Everyone is different. Too many variables, age, time on, # of cycles, doses, etc.

Last edited:
I should clarify that 5 grams of gel is the carrier. In that gel is 1% test. So if you apply 5 grams of gel, you are actually applying only 50 mg test contained in that gel. Out of the 50 mg test applied, 10% is absorbed or about 5 mg, roughly what your body would normally make per day on its own.

If youre going to go on HRT, I would tell you to just use the injectable. Its much less expensive and a lot less hastle. Just 1 injection a week of 100mg will do most guys. If youre not against doing that I would ask your doctor to do that instead. My endo wanted to use the gel but I steered him away from that and asked for the injectable. He had no issues doing that.
As far as recovery, Im not sure they will do a whole lot other than just let your body try to come back on its own. It could take 1 year. We tried that for about 10 months until I told them I couldnt suffer anymore. My total t was stuck at about 60-80 and my LH was below measurable limits.
Of course if you go on this testosterone its only going to put off your recovery and make it last a lot longer. As long as you take an exogenous source of test your natural levels will be suppressed.

If youre going to go on HRT, I would tell you to just use the injectable. Its much less expensive and a lot less hastle. Just 1 injection a week of 100mg will do most guys. If youre not against doing that I would ask your doctor to do that instead. My endo wanted to use the gel but I steered him away from that and asked for the injectable. He had no issues doing that.
As far as recovery, Im not sure they will do a whole lot other than just let your body try to come back on its own. It could take 1 year. We tried that for about 10 months until I told them I couldnt suffer anymore. My total t was stuck at about 60-80 and my LH was below measurable limits.
Of course if you go on this testosterone its only going to put off your recovery and make it last a lot longer. As long as you take an exogenous source of test your natural levels will be suppressed.

Yep. I think androgel by itself is worthless. I do it in combination with low dose injection.

I should clarify that 5 grams of gel is the carrier. In that gel is 1% test. So if you apply 5 grams of gel, you are actually applying only 50 mg test contained in that gel. Out of the 50 mg test applied, 10% is absorbed or about 5 mg, roughly what your body would normally make per day on its own.

Yeah, this is what I have been put on for a year straight. Then I will have blood taken again and if my levels are low I will get TRT permanently. My doc says the gel won't interfere with my body trying to get back on track again so the gel is definitely not the same as injections.

Androgel is a type of TRT such As pellets or injections, androgel will suppress your natural testosterone production, androgel for some increases DHT above range and some report that hypothyroidism can affect the absorption rate.
IMO injection would be the best method.
Yeah, this is what I have been put on for a year straight. Then I will have blood taken again and if my levels are low I will get TRT permanently. My doc says the gel won't interfere with my body trying to get back on track again so the gel is definitely not the same as injections.

got 2 boxes my bud gave me and it expires next month, good for a massage I guess.You only get 10% of the 50mg.

oh yeah a hair dryer on the gel after applied will increase the ammount you get. That is if you feel like standing there doing it. lol

Androgel is a type of TRT such As pellets or injections, androgel will suppress your natural testosterone production, androgel for some increases DHT above range and some report that hypothyroidism can affect the absorption rate.
IMO injection would be the best method.

I know but instead of being completely off for one year and feeling like crap my doc has put me on this so I at least have a little bit if test in my body whilst it tries to start producing test again. It will therefor not suppress my own production completely.

Yep. I think androgel by itself is worthless. I do it in combination with low dose injection.

gotta disagree,,,,if it gets you in the 700-1000 range just like an injectable would why not use it?

then that saves you one more injection site so when you run a cycle you can add more ML of tren, EQ, etc. on a large cycle you can run out of places to inject so having a topical is nice

I know but instead of being completely off for one year and feeling like crap my doc has put me on this so I at least have a little bit if test in my body whilst it tries to start producing test again. It will therefor not suppress my own production completely.

My doctor said androgel will suppress natural production.

My doctor said androgel will suppress natural production.

I think it may surpress it slightly but not completely!?

Let's break it down then: androgel gives you an absorption of 5 mg if it is a 50mg gel (10% gets absorbed). So 5 mg of free test enters your bloodstream simultaneously. As we know from suspension it gets metabolised in a matter of hours. So the body has way more hours without test in the bloodstream then with.

Am i completely off track here? Maybe the test attaches to the receptors and stays there long enough to surpress a bit!?

Any one?

Once an exogenous androgen is introduced regardless of the type LH/FSH are suppressed, In the use of androgel,estrodiol is also increased which can cause suppression of the HTPA, as estrodiol/estrogen is a stronger suppressor than testosterone, DHT is also elevated above baseline in most from my personal experience and others have reported again This is a suppressent of the HTPA,LH/FSH in non hypogonadal men.

This article out lines the suppression on LH/FSH on hypogonadal men, neither primary or secondary isn't mentioned.

**broken link removed**

I'm not certain where your doctor is getting his information from? Or he has a new revelation on treating pre TRT as a protocol in effort to reboot the HTPA, LH/FSH?

Last edited:
I think it has something to do with rebooting the HTPA as you say. Being competely off for a year will be hard specially since the clomid and HCG did'nt do squat for me so I guess he figures a little testo gel could maybe stimulate rather than shut down?

I think it has something to do with rebooting the HTPA as you say. Being competely off for a year will be hard specially since the clomid and HCG did'nt do squat for me so I guess he figures a little testo gel could maybe stimulate rather than shut down?

I think you will end up worse for the natural test level using andro gel. It wont help. There is that other peptide you might try. Starts with a T. Cant remember what its name is.

I think you will end up worse for the natural test level using andro gel. It wont help. There is that other peptide you might try. Starts with a T. Cant remember what its name is.

You may be right, I don't know. I will follow his orders and see what happens in a year. Regardless of what happens I welcome trt in a year.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131