Votes: 89 26.3%
  • Cardio every other day

Votes: 69 20.4%
  • Cardio 2 times per week

Votes: 51 15.0%
  • Only do Cardio when dieting or prepping

Votes: 35 10.3%

• Total voters
The minimum necessary to keep the fat loss going during a diet. Obviously, the leaner you are the less you are going to have to do.

Like Dante, I am a huge fan of at least 30min/day of low intensity for general health and HDL purposes. There really is no good reason not do this - even when trying to gain size.

depends on many things so use good insight, namely weight, age, etc at 225lbs I have done intervual cardio, at 255 no can do

that said if yu are bigger just walking works fine. right now doing cardio for 35 minutes, five times a week,

im 34 now, when I was younger not much. when I started competing pre contest yes, I would do hit intervual cardio 4 days a week chris aceto recommendations..I was 240 and contest time first contest 212, second prep- 215

2012 got nicely ripped and got down to 202 (third)weigh in (lost 7 lbs last week blah blah) Most guys dont like to admit how low in weight they can go but damn everyone that sees my pictures think I look way bigger, and I had a SW compeitior ask me if I was competing against him in the sw, I have small joints lil under 7, and seem to look bigger than I am when ripped..... did same intervual cadrio first thing in morning

weight training twice a day has worked well for me as well, while doing no cardio getting ready for contest

now that im 34, heavier 245 right now and 12 % bodyfat on inbody520 machine a seven thousand dollar machine by gym has ive used a few years and used last contest prep, I get up eat, go to gym, weights....then 6 hours or later I do cardio outside 30-40 minutes walking usually, powerwalking if energy kicks in and yes I ran briefly at 245, but its not the norm currently just maybe briefly for a lil kick

it depends: 4-5 per week when a show is coming, 3-4 per week when i am supposed to bulk. Lol

I shoot for 3-4 days a week on the bike or the elliptical. Depending on how my knee is feeling and the weather I'll go for a run. Before I started doing cardio again I would get winded real easy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10mins step mill preworkout 4 days a week.
And additional 20min fasted in the morning, 4 days a week for cutting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jesus im jealous of the amount cardio some of you can get away with currently im doing a hour of fasted cardio on the stepmill and the fat isn't coming off as fast id hoped but this year I really got out of shape main lesson here is once your lean don't get fat again:banghead:

Read an article in flexonline how cardio if kept to no more than 30mins and done in intervals is more superior done pre wo than pwo.

Off season I rarely do any. I mainly try to keep the rest periods low. Now contest prep I start with 45 mins fast AM and 20min post work out. Then once I'm lean which does not take long I adjust the frequency.

Read an article in flexonline how cardio if kept to no more than 30mins and done in intervals is more superior done pre wo than pwo.

Saw that too. Personally, I'm kind of paranoid about combining cardio and weights so I go to the gym twice a day (it's right across the street from me). Cardio first thing in the morning (HIIT usually) and then weights in the evening.

Saw that too. Personally, I'm kind of paranoid about combining cardio and weights so I go to the gym twice a day (it's right across the street from me). Cardio first thing in the morning (HIIT usually) and then weights in the evening.

From my experience. And I have only done this a few times. If i did cardio liss/miss pre wo. I would feel zapped for my wo right after. Spaced out am/pm seems fine. Actually cardio post wo felt better than pre wo.

I can't do cardio pre workout. My cardio in the morning is me walking my German Shepherd and the same thing at night before his dinner. But I also do a short cardio workout after lifting.

At this point, cardio is my focus as I'm realizing how foolish I was to not make it a priority. I'm talk about health wise. Live and learn.

Currently getting lean but now that I just bought a treadmill I am thinking of doing 30 min fasted first thing in the morning even when trying to gain muscle because of the insulin sensitivity benefits. And it really energizes me throughout the day if I get a good cardio first thing upon waking mood and everything is better.

I need to start doing more cardio... solely for the health benefits. Although some of my workouts are like cardio at times. The only thing I am currently doing are sled pushes 1-2 times weekly.

I've been doing cardio everyday for about 15 months straight now. I'm doing lean bulk right now and do 30 minutes of cardio after my last meal before I go to bed. That means sometimes I do cardio at 3am only to wake up at 8 lol.

During the off season I do very little if any. If I happen to wake up early I may go 20-30 min fasted LISS. At the moment, I'm a few weeks out from a show and doing 4 days x 65min AM fasted and 4 sessions of 15min HIIT + 20 min LISS. Works up to 6.7 hours of cardio a week.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Urs
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws