over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How much do pros make? Minimum

Again, here is Emeric not paying attention to detail and not being clear. Emeric is guesstimating what the avg pro makes....he's not guessing what Frank and Evan make...who have both been very well paid for a decade or more. Frank and Evan have made good coin over the years.

This is a pretty ridiculous thread. Phil Heath is a millionaire...so is Jay Cutler. There are also a lot of pros out there who are broke and in debt.

I think the OP did finish his question with the words "and pros on these levels" which is what Emeric replied to. Seing as your attention to detail is greater than his and your knowledge about Frank and Evan´s income seems to be good maybe you could answer the question instead of disparaging Emeric and saying the thread is ridiculous.

I recall Melvin Anthony worked in a nail salon during his pro career doing nails. Yup. He also said he quit competing even though he wanted to continue because he couldn't find a sponsor anymore.

Of course he started selling meth to make ends meet. I wonder how many other pros are dealing drugs to pay for their AAS?

the 90's and 2000's were when the supplement contracts were paying well. social media ruined all that. I knew one pro who had a contract with a major sup company about 10 years ago and still could not afford to compete.

And this is why the majority of them have other avenues for income. It's one of the--if not THE MOST--underpaid professional sport around.

its funny u call a beauty pageant a "sport"
its not even close to a sport.

I recall Melvin Anthony worked in a nail salon during his pro career doing nails. Yup. He also said he quit competing even though he wanted to continue because he couldn't find a sponsor anymore.

Of course he started selling meth to make ends meet. I wonder how many other pros are dealing drugs to pay for their AAS?

Drugs and bodybuilding cross paths a lot. I would say a fairly high % of bb's do sell drugs on the side. The extent of that could be selling part of their order to save money to a full blown service to all the locals.

This thread is pretty pointless as the range is so high. As Knight posted you have millionaires and you have guys completely broke. Not sure where the $10k to $40k come from. I guess if you count sponsorship and prize money it could be that for many of them. Although generally most pro's can make a decent living I would think that is obvious. Personal trainers can do well and with the pro title it can bring in many clients and they can charge a higher fee. But if they are crap at what they do they obviously won't do very well.

Many have jobs on the side and again that ranges. I find the guys with the good jobs tend to do just that. Whilst the competitors who don't have the degree and the good job tend to get into high paid things like selling drugs, stripping and whatever else they can find. These days many are making big money through social media and the pro title can help that. The amount of fitness people making a living from social media these days is staggering. Most of them are not even close to being a pro.

The problem for bodybuilders is the sport costs so much due to all the food, drugs etc. Many could take in a decent income but their outgoings are massive. Plus if you are a standard or low grade pro there will likely be no prize money ever. Standard may have sponsorship and earn from that but low grade pro's probably just get free product and perhaps basic wages. Not even sure why I am commenting as it's all common sense.

Some can do a lot with the pro title whilst others can't. Some may not even want to do much with it as they are not the social media type of person and I can't blame them for that. Now all the big name pro's (top 10) are probably making top wages and I would expect no less than $300k per year with some surpassing $1 million.

Last edited:
I think the OP did finish his question with the words "and pros on these levels" which is what Emeric replied to. Seing as your attention to detail is greater than his and your knowledge about Frank and Evan´s income seems to be good maybe you could answer the question instead of disparaging Emeric and saying the thread is ridiculous.
Pros on the "level" of Frank and Evan (with high marketability) also make more than 10 to 40k...so what is your damn point?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

The question itself is vague. How much do they make? In general? From sponsors? Or from winning competitions only? MOST of them have other business ventures. They aren't just counting on contest prize cash to live off of. I don't see anyone netting a ton of profit just from competing unless we are talking about Phil taking 7 Olympia's in a row. And even he has a college degree and other business ventures. Frank? Terrible example! When was the last time he competed? 2011? I'm a huge fan of his but he's hardly competing. But really, who cares what they make?

And this is why the majority of them have other avenues for income. It's one of the--if not THE MOST--underpaid professional sport around.

These guys are really underpaid these days and can rarely rely on bodybuilding income alone. Many have other 40 hr/wk jobs.

Between $10,000 to $40,000

Those numbers are from the 80's.

A low level pro can easily make that on instrgram or youtube with minimal effort.

Bodybuilding is not a billion dollar industry but the supplement business is (google search says 45 billion annually on sports supplements) and there are more supplement companies than ever. Opportunities are now global.

Even local competitors are making 100k as personal trainers seeing just a few people a day.

It really depends on the person's business sense, but I think many would be shocked at how much some of these lower level guys really make (on the high side).

I made a few thousand last year just training regular folks who knew about me via word of mouth. I don't look that great, i don't compete, and nobody knows who I am. It's not my job.

If I can do that, then there is no reason a pro can't sell himself like a hotdog in Chicago and make great money

Those numbers are from the 80's.

A low level pro can easily make that on instrgram or youtube with minimal effort.

Bodybuilding is not a billion dollar industry but the supplement business is (google search says 45 billion annually on sports supplements) and there are more supplement companies than ever. Opportunities are now global.

Even local competitors are making 100k as personal trainers seeing just a few people a day.

It really depends on the person's business sense, but I think many would be shocked at how much some of these lower level guys really make (on the high side).

sure bud

Pros on the "level" of Frank and Evan (with high marketability) also make more than 10 to 40k...so what is your damn point?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Can you support this claim? Do they share this personal information with you when your working at a booth next to them?

Can you support this claim? Do they share this personal information with you when your working at a booth next to them?

Yes.

Nick trigili claims he was making good money when he was at his best.

60-70k from one of his sponsors then another 30k or so from MD.

Nick trigili claims he was making good money when he was at his best.

60-70k from one of his sponsors then another 30k or so from MD.

Sponsors nor magazine companies don’t pay that now days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These guys are really underpaid these days and can rarely rely on bodybuilding income alone. Many have other 40 hr/wk jobs.

I hate to say it but how do you define "underpaid"???
They get paid what they are deemed worth....supply and demand...
It's not a mainstream sport......fancy colored labels with outrageous claims sell products, probably just as well if not better than a spokesperson that few outside the hardcore circle know.

It's the reality of the sport they chose.

Well, now that backpage got shut down I’d imagine pro’s will be making a lot less for the foreseeable future. Seriously... This thread is retarded

People are just absolutely clueless to how much money the fitness/bodybuilding industry generates.

If you doubt there is money to be made please scroll up and look at the banner ads. No secret to how much they cost.

People are just absolutely clueless to how much money the fitness/bodybuilding industry generates.

If you doubt there is money to be made please scroll up and look at the banner ads. No secret to how much they cost.

I have no doubt the INDUSTRY makes money the point is about how little the PROS make from it.

I scrolled up like you said and saw a lot of company banners but zero pros speaking on there behalf as endorsers.

That’s the thread title after all HOW MUCH DO PROS MAKE ... not the industry.

Last edited:

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael_