advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

how much does bodyfat affect hyperthrophy?

scottswald

Registered
how much do you think being around 10% bf as opposed to maybe 15% effects muscle growth? .........5%? 20%? does it make no differance to you at all? i would really like to hear your views and experiences

what is your theory on why it changes things?

A lot, gear works better lean for sure, insulin sensitivity is the main factor I guess. All I know is I've done it both ways and it's night and day. Almost impossible for me to get gyno being lean

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Not sure...thats a good question really...when your fat you tend to have better leverages so you could lift more weight as well, so it could be beneficial in its strange way.
Seems now its en vogue to not put on any bodyfat.

Never seen any reason or proof that you get more growth with being over 12%.

Never seen any reason or proof that you get more growth with being over 12%.

i was reffering more to better growth when leaner

i am not fussed about being lean right now but want maximum muscle just not sure if dieting down a bit would help me put muscle on or if it would be a waste of time

i was reffering more to better growth when leaner

i am not fussed about being lean right now but want maximum muscle just not sure if dieting down a bit would help me put muscle on or if it would be a waste of time

Will help man for sure first thing I do if I platue

A lot, gear works better lean for sure, insulin sensitivity is the main factor I guess. All I know is I've done it both ways and it's night and day. Almost impossible for me to get gyno being lean

thanks for your input, could you go further into this please?

thanks for your input, could you go further into this please?

From experience hit your gear lean as fuck and your grow more muscle and gain less fat. Your priming your body by pounding hard weights and it wants to grow but can't because it doesn't have enough calories. Do this for a while ie any bodybuilding cut diet and heavy lifting when you finally give it the calories for growth it will grow them muscles, bring gear into the equation and boom. Think of it like post contest rebound but less extreme

For me, I've noticed that staying too lean prevents me from making big jumps in the weights I am training with and it seems to make my joints a little more succeptible to pain. However, on the other hand, being too heavy or holding too much bodyfat, seems to reduce cardiovascular health and makes me feel sluggish. I don't have any hard proof, but I would assume if cardiovascular health is reduced then less oxygen is circulating to your muscles and you will have a reduced recovery ability.

You have to find that happy median it seems where you can use heavy enough weights and push your body without holding too much bodyfat that recovery is hindered.

For me, I've noticed that staying too lean prevents me from making big jumps in the weights I am training with and it seems to make my joints a little more succeptible to pain. However, on the other hand, being too heavy or holding too much bodyfat, seems to reduce cardiovascular health and makes me feel sluggish. I don't have any hard proof, but I would assume if cardiovascular health is reduced then less oxygen is circulating to your muscles and you will have a reduced recovery ability.

You have to find that happy median it seems where you can use heavy enough weights and push your body without holding too much bodyfat that recovery is hindered.

I agree...its about not getting sloppy.

starting lean gives you the freedom of eating more clean food without worring about gaining fat if you are using the right gear

I don't think the difference between 10% and 15% is going to be anything too noticeable. Having higher body fat correlates usually with more conversion to estrogen I believe, so like someone else mentioned I think youll see less problems like gyno.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws