over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

how much fat to consume for building?

nfernoo

Banned
Ive yet to try eating healthy fats to help build muscle.
What are your guys thoughts on the subject?

Also, if one is doing insulin, are these fats to be avoided
during "slin time" like others.

I was looking to consume mct oil and olive oil.

Depends on your genetics and your current level of musculature. However, I personally like to include all those healthy fats every day. I would avoid them while slin is active.

Depends on your genetics and your current level of musculature. However, I personally like to include all those healthy fats every day. I would avoid them while slin is active.

Absolutely agree on the genetics thing. Its also dictated by your carb intake. Work out your carb and protein needs and fill the rest with fat. I can eat 800 carbs a day feel great,stay lean,no bloat. Replace some of them carbs with fats and I bloat a bit, feel sluggish and look worse on the same calories. if most people ate the way I do they would be a bloated diabetic mess with sore joints. About 30 fat per day my sweet point but go below 10 cutting as I can't function on low carb. (400 is low carb for me) the ocasioal bit of junk will creep in pushing fats up some days. Others like much less carbs and thrive on fats. You're body will tell you soon enough which is best for you by energy levels and see appearance in the mirror.

Last edited:
Ive yet to try eating healthy fats to help build muscle.
What are your guys thoughts on the subject?

Also, if one is doing insulin, are these fats to be avoided
during "slin time" like others.

I was looking to consume mct oil and olive oil.

for me it comes down to

4-6 grams fish oil
2 tbs evoo
2tbs peanut butter
4 whole eggs
8 oz sirloin

those are about as high as my fats get

for me it comes down to

4-6 grams fish oil
2 tbs evoo
2tbs peanut butter
4 whole eggs
8 oz sirloin

Nice. That would be about my max and my choices minus the pnb(no self control on pnb lol) on a heavy bulk.

Nice. That would be about my max and my choices minus the pnb(no self control on pnb lol) on a heavy bulk.

hahaha i hear ya on the peanut butter, sometimes that becomes an estimation when i throw a huge glob into my peanut butter

Like has been stated its very individual. The leanest I have ever been and the best I have ever felt was on ~150g carbs periWO and 300+g fats per day.

Absolutely agree on the genetics thing. Its also dictated by your carb intake. Work out your carb and protein needs and fill the rest with fat. I can eat 800 carbs a day feel great,stay lean,no bloat. Replace some of them carbs with fats and I bloat a bit, feel sluggish and look worse on the same calories. if most people ate the way I do they would be a bloated diabetic mess with sore joints. About 30 fat per day my sweet point but go below 10 cutting as I can't function on low carb. (400 is low carb for me) the ocasioal bit of junk will creep in pushing fats up some days. Others like much less carbs and thrive on fats. You're body will tell you soon enough which is best for you by energy levels and see appearance in the mirror.

Agreed. My DNA test told me I have a fast metabolism that burns more carbs as heat expenditure, which tells me a high carb diet is good for me. I kind of always suspected this based on experience. I think in general, active people like us should go higher carbs, which less active people should go high fats and only consume carbs from veggies and fruits.

Agreed. My DNA test told me I have a fast metabolism that burns more carbs as heat expenditure, which tells me a high carb diet is good for me. I kind of always suspected this based on experience. I think in general, active people like us should go higher carbs, which less active people should go high fats and only consume carbs from veggies and fruits.

Yea. Carbs maker me warm. I get funny looks walking around the street with frost and ice on the ground wearing at shirt but I just never feel the cold on high carb diets. Im not even on tren or any fat burners. I did a low carb diet once with a prep coach (150 per day) and it fucked me up big time. Was always cold, couldn't hardly function,slept about 3 hours a night and constantly pissed of. It left me with a binge eating problem that's taken a long time to correct and is still there to a point 2 years later. Was on 3000 calories and about 100g fat so not really a starvation diet. I feel great cutting with very high carb and very low fat. Energy is great and fat melts of daily

Which DNA test did you use and did you find it worth while?

I get between 100-150 grams per day, it fluctates depending on which foods I eat obviously, I eat red meat in a cyclic fashion that usually increases them a bit.
Also depends on diet or gain, dieting I add more fats, eating to gain I go lower.

Yea. Carbs maker me warm. I get funny looks walking around the street with frost and ice on the ground wearing at shirt but I just never feel the cold on high carb diets. Im not even on tren or any fat burners. I did a low carb diet once with a prep coach (150 per day) and it fucked me up big time. Was always cold, couldn't hardly function,slept about 3 hours a night and constantly pissed of. It left me with a binge eating problem that's taken a long time to correct and is still there to a point 2 years later. Was on 3000 calories and about 100g fat so not really a starvation diet. I feel great cutting with very high carb and very low fat. Energy is great and fat melts of daily

Which DNA test did you use and did you find it worth while?

Yea when I eat tons of carbs, especially when I'm big, I'm sweating mass off. I would get made fun of all the time bc of how sweaty I always was, and it didn't go away when I wasn't on tren. After shrinking down, I don't sweat as much but still do to a smaller extent after a big carb meal.

I did musclegene.com

I like to add steak and whole eggs when growing but I honestly don't feel peanut butter and nuts ever did anything but jack my calories up. Just my experience. I would add a steak meal or two daily and possibly cook some meals in coconut oil...I always responded better to adding cals from fruit and easily digesting carbs.

Everyone is slightly different though so my advice is to add very slowly...in the 10-15g per day range one or two weeks at a time to see how your metabolism responds

I usually add 2tblspoons avocado to my chicken breasts, 4-5g fishoil per day, and last meal is 4oz salmon or eye of round..

I do love some hard boiled omega 3 eggs though. Got to be carefull, I'll eat 5-6 of the damn things in one sitting lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

for me it comes down to

4-6 grams fish oil
2 tbs evoo
2tbs peanut butter
4 whole eggs
8 oz sirloin

Wow....that's EXACTLY where i'm at right now.... seems to be working nicely.

I do not Count..........probably a lot!!! LMAO!!!

bacon has a lot in it right? :D

LOL:eek:

I usually add 2tblspoons avocado to my chicken breasts, 4-5g fishoil per day, and last meal is 4oz salmon or eye of round..

I do love some hard boiled omega 3 eggs though. Got to be carefull, I'll eat 5-6 of the damn things in one sitting lol

I've been on the chicken breast, avocado thing as well except I add salsa to mine. If I'm low carbing it then I eat a little more fats then usual. Higher carbs I cut back.

High carbs low fat is the way to go. We all need essential fatty acids as human beings, but that's pretty much it.Fat is also used to produce hormones , but most of us here are on TRT.

I don't see how eating large amounts of healthy fats will make u grow faster.It all comes to calories in/calories out at the end of the day.Carbs improve performance, not fats.

Jay Cutler used to bulk on 1000+ carbs and minimal fat intake.Matt Porter is another good example.He cuts on 600-800 grams of carbs, and very low fat.

I've been on the chicken breast, avocado thing as well except I add salsa to mine. If I'm low carbing it then I eat a little more fats then usual. Higher carbs I cut back.

Yea I get some salsa at whole foods that doesn't have any sugar added. I'll add a little to my avocado to make a tasty paste.

Also, for you high fat guys, get some of those wasabi flavored almonds, crush them up in a ziplock bag, and roll your chicken tenderloins in them then broil them 3-4 min per side. Omg damn good

My .02

Genetics, genetics - genetics

I eat a high fat diet primarily of high quality fats(olive oil, beans, etc.)

I have no issues at all even while cutting

Yet, if my carbs(even from the cleanest sources) climb - I just bloat like a whale

I tried everything, low fat/med carbs, low fat/low carbs, high fat/high carb<This one just makes bloat damn near instantly

It's trial & error - Back when I first started doing this, I tried to follow written diets & just failed

My current recomp looks like this 80g's fat/120g's carb/240g's+ protein & a minimum of 60g's of fibre

Works very well for me at pulling my Bf bellow 10% atm. But, it does not mean it will work for someone else

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear