YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How much fat when dieting with higher carbs??

Sounds good, I’ll be evaluating along and I’ll lower carbs if I need to, not trying to be contest shape but I definitely want to be lean..

Out of curiosity where do your calories end up at the end of a prep right before competition??

The lowest I went recently was 1800.
This was with 90m of cardio a day and low carb, low fat dieting.

300p 110c 40f 3 days a week, 300p 60c 40f 3 days per week, every 7th day 260p 250c 30f
Just to give you an idea of calories toward the end of my diet.

2018-02-23 07.23.08_copy.jpg

The lowest I went recently was 1800.
This was with 90m of cardio a day and low carb, low fat dieting.

Check... Thats a decent amount of cardio, hopefully I don’t need that much lol I assume that was LISS cardio?

300p 110c 40f 3 days a week, 300p 60c 40f 3 days per week, every 7th day 260p 250c 30f

View attachment 119240

Thanks for your feedback... So basically around 1800 calories on your lowest days?

You and Hawkmoon are both significantly bigger than I am with a lot more muscle, you both peeled to the bone probably weigh 20-25lbs more than what I weigh right now out of shape lol...

Hoping that because my job is active And that along with cardio and resistance training I won’t have to go significantly lower than that to get as lean as I need to be.

Thanks for your feedback... So basically around 1800 calories on your lowest days?

You and Hawkmoon are both significantly bigger than I am with a lot more muscle, you both peeled to the bone probably weigh 20-25lbs more than what I weigh right now out of shape lol...

Hoping that because my job is active And that along with cardio and resistance training I won’t have to go significantly lower than that to get as lean as I need to be.
Shelby Starnes has women weighing way less than me eating more than me. You should set yourself up properly by raising your caloric ceiling as much as possible with a proper offseason.

Shelby Starnes has women weighing way less than me eating more than me. You should set yourself up properly by raising your caloric ceiling as much as possible with a proper offseason.

Eating more than you while dieting down?

And can you please elaborate more on what you mean by that? Raising my caloric ceiling etc... Thanks bro

Eating more than you while dieting down?

And can you please elaborate more on what you mean by that? Raising my caloric ceiling etc... Thanks bro
An example would be coming off a show then reverse dieting to the point where you return to your pre diet weight but leaner and eating more calories than you were before you started dieting, easy to do just takes discipline like everything else in bodybuilding.

An example would be coming off a show then reverse dieting to the point where you return to your pre diet weight but leaner and eating more calories than you were before you started dieting, easy to do just takes discipline like everything else in bodybuilding.

The key is not getting too excited with how your body is processing the new nutrients lol. It's easy to lose food control if you're not used to eating so many calories, you're always trying to justify foods that aren't so great for you. You might get away with it for a while, but not forever.

View attachment 119240

Did you have any trouble with the carb up process? (given your body was so well fat adapted). Off season wise, I'm assuming the carbs weren't drastically higher either?

P.S- Every ounce of that 206 lbs is dense muscle

So example would be I’m 180lbs right now and 13-14% and I maintain on 3k calories and say it takes me getting to 160lbs to be lean enough to start growing again, I slowly work my way back up and say I get to 180lbs again only now I’m 10% but I should be trying to eat around 3,500 calories? More? Slightly less? Thanks for the feedback

Did you have any trouble with the carb up process? (given your body was so well fat adapted). Off season wise, I'm assuming the carbs weren't drastically higher either?

P.S- Every ounce of that 206 lbs is dense muscle
No I never have needed a lot of carbs to fill out and it doesn't take days for me to do
So.

So example would be I’m 180lbs right now and 13-14% and I maintain on 3k calories and say it takes me getting to 160lbs to be lean enough to start growing again, I slowly work my way back up and say I get to 180lbs again only now I’m 10% but I should be trying to eat around 3,500 calories? More? Slightly less? Thanks for the feedback
If the reverse diet is done properly (not just throwing a bunch of calories in at one time) then in time you will definitely be at a higher calorie ceiling at 180 than you were pre dieting. Your insulin sensitivity will still be good and you will handle a higher carb load than you previously was.

Check... Thats a decent amount of cardio, hopefully I don’t need that much lol I assume that was LISS cardio?

Yes, walking is my cardio

The goal every time you build (offseason phase) should be to build your calories higher than they were LAST offseason. If you properly reverse diet and build your metabolism, you can do this. But you have to start off leannnn...this works best when guys are coming off a contest diet.

The last week they are barely under 2k....and by peak offseason time they are 6k+. Then NEXT contest we see them on their last week at say 3k....you're just building your body to handle more and more food.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity