over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How much Greens you eat a day and how much you think is too much

Obviously a huge difference between americans and europeans. Most people i know here in Sweden get atleast 2 servings of vegetables a day, sallad is delicious and healthy!

im wonderin if the guys that don't eat veggies have ever had properly cooked,fresh vegetables...

I cant imagine eatin a steak without something green.green beans,broccoli...I just discovered I love asparagus,because I had it done right at a steakhouse.

I got a shreddin brussel sprout recipe,i cook em with a little bacon and whitewhine.perfect with a steak.

im wonderin if the guys that don't eat veggies have ever had properly cooked,fresh vegetables...

I cant imagine eatin a steak without something green.green beans,broccoli...I just discovered I love asparagus,because I had it done right at a steakhouse.

I got a shreddin brussel sprout recipe,i cook em with a little bacon and whitewhine.perfect with a steak.

Asparagus is aspardelishous.

maybe its because i grew up eating them, but i love greens! kale, spinach, broccoli, turnip greens, etc. lately ive started eating celery almost on a daily basis. ive also started eating asparagus again (steamed topped with some grass fed butter). you do have to research a little bit, because some greens are better used raw than cooked. like kale for example gets really bitter when cooked, so it would be best eaten raw. all in all, i truly think eating greens is one of the best things you can do nutrition wise.

I like to blanch my veggies(boil for acouple of minutes,time depends on what it is).
take em out of the pot and into an ice bath,then put em on a towel to dry.
cook my steak.while my steak is resting I sauté em in butter or olive oil or both.
salt and pepper of course.

I use the same technique but instead of sautéing em I toss vegetables in olive oil,salt,pepper then throw em on a super hot grill for a minute or two... to get some grill marks.

I always try to get at least a serving of broc a day and I eat stews regularly and I always put carrots parsnips onions etc in there.

It's one of things to just knuckle down and eat, there are so many positives that you can't ignore it.

Get some frozen broc 3 mins in the micro, done. Start small and build up as you become more accustomed.

I like to blanch my veggies(boil for acouple of minutes,time depends on what it is).
take em out of the pot and into an ice bath,then put em on a towel to dry.
cook my steak.while my steak is resting I sauté em in butter or olive oil or both.
salt and pepper of course.

I use the same technique but instead of sautéing em I toss vegetables in olive oil,salt,pepper then throw em on a super hot grill for a minute or two... to get some grill marks.

Blanching is a perfect way to keep most of the important nutrients in your veggies, if you decide to eat them cooked.

maybe its because i grew up eating them, but i love greens! kale, spinach, broccoli, turnip greens, etc. lately ive started eating celery almost on a daily basis. ive also started eating asparagus again (steamed topped with some grass fed butter). you do have to research a little bit, because some greens are better used raw than cooked. like kale for example gets really bitter when cooked, so it would be best eaten raw. all in all, i truly think eating greens is one of the best things you can do nutrition wise.

I try to eat some form of greens everyday, very similar to the veggies you mentioned above. My brother recently started making Kale sherbet which is surprisingly good.

Try and eat greens with atleast 3 of my meals, broccoli, asparagus, kale, spinach, roman lettuce, etc

I have to agree with You...I for one have(My brother is actually chef)

Cooked correctly is night and day...like fish...which even if done properly tastes far better then if I do it, but I still don't like it

Like a few others have stated, I never eat veggies unless I'm at a restaurant and its served for me.

My reasons for not eating the greens;

1) To lazy to cook, clean or prepare
2) Takes ups space for other food in my gut

It will be interesting to see down the road, those of us who don't eat greens, how healthy we are, compared to those who eat them everyday. The reason I say this is due to the acidity of the protein and many carbs that we consume. This is where the benefits of greens come in, since they are alkaline, they balance the acid/alkaline levels in our blood. And unfortunately, high acidic blood levels are linked to cancer. I guess that's why Mom always said to eat your damn vegetables!

I eat a lb of green beans with chicken and almonds as my last meal. only time I eat greens...only downfall is an hour after I pass out im hungry again....

i eat a lot of steam fresh vegetable packs... probably 2 a day

I like greens. Like making a nice chicken salad full of greens for a meal with a nice dressing. Asparagus, spinach, kale are lovely I think.

As others have said, i love veg, Kale, spinach, broccoli, green beans, celery, leak, red or white cabbage, spring or red onions, brussel sprouts, pretty much all veg.Its all down to how you cook/prepare it.

Too many cook it death resulting it soggy mashed up veg mush which is just plain yuck!!!

Roast carrots, parsnips, mushrooms and peppers are a current favourite now winter is arriving in the UK!

Stew:cool:

sometimes I may eat a pound of spincah a day but in cooked form. too much apparently could lead to:

Although it is safe for most people to eat a bowl of spinach per day, some should be careful with vitamin K, according to the National Institutes of Health. If you are on an anticoagulant medication, keep your intake of foods rich in vitamin K, including spinach, consistent, as abrupt fluctuations in your vitamin K intake could decrease or overaccentuate the effectiveness of your medication. If you have a history of kidney stones, the oxalate in spinach could be problematic, according to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center. Although it happens rarely, predisposed people who eat large amounts of spinach can develop hyperoxaluria, a condition in which calcium and oxalate crystals form kidney stones.

How much greens you think is ok to eat a day? the greens do depend as kale and broccli is diff but how much do you get in?

I always base it off of how many other sources of my diet have high fiber and vitamin content. I have found that if I take in too much I'm leaking over the toilet lol. If i take in to little my digestion process is all over the place. I think its an individualized answer to your question, unique to every person.

Usually equates to about 3 cups of peas per day...maybe Brussels sprouts now and then...I really enjoy eating them.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Rarely ever eat the stuff there really is little to no evidence to support there being any real health benefits from doing so.

I eat them daily while prepping but outside that never. I claim it's cause they are expensive but really I just think they're gross.

Does anyone use one of those powder vegetable drink mix things? I've wondered if they are worth anything

When you gas yourself out of the room, you've had too many greens.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws