over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How Much Is Counseling Usually?

Performance Based

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Starting to realize that I need to get myself into a therapists office. What do you recommend in terms of frequency? Also whats the average price for a therapy session? Will be seeing a sexual addiction therapist.

Also how does counseling work? I've been a few times for work related stuff but to be honest it was always just to get the waiver signed so we could continue working.

Counseling

I don't know about specialized treatment for sexual addiction, but can answer your questions for general therapy.

Around New York City, I think 175 per hour is typical. Figure it is somewhat cheaper in most other places. Insurance usually pays for part, typically half. Once a week is a typical frequency but the therapist will have advice on this.

How does it work? Therapists like to say that the process is "directed conversation in the service of change". In practice, the counselor is like a friend who is a good listener but with some key differences. First, the counselor has a lot more experience dealing with problems. I mean, all day long they deal with troubled marriages, difficult kids, addiction issues, etc. and they learn from all this experience. You get good advice. Second, they are not trying to please you, to say what you want to hear, like friends do. A good book to read is "Too Soon Old, Too Late Smart: Thirty Things You Need to Know Now" by Gordon Livingston.

Good therapists focus on actions -- what steps can you take now to move down the road to where you want to go.

The counselor I see is like a personal coach. He is a tough-as-nails Irish guy originally from staten island. Very practical advice (. . . tells me to focus on my business now, and deal with relationship issues later, just keep the peace.)

Anyhow it can be great. Take the time to find someone you like. Hope this helps.

Here in Kansas my wife and I saw a Christian counselor and my co pay was $20, now $25, but i believe the rate was $100/hr. I have Federal BCBS.

Alright awesome guys, found someone that we liked alot. 120 for 50 minutes.

Didn't know I can use my health insurance for this.

Alright awesome guys, found someone that we liked alot. 120 for 50 minutes.

Didn't know I can use my health insurance for this.

Ask the therapist if they accept insurance. Some do not. If they do, see if they are in network. If they are, then you just pay your copay. If they are out of network, then you'll pay a percentage of the fee.

Make sure the therapist actually works for you. Some just like to sit there, listen, nod their head, repeat what you say, etc. Some really like to help you understand the reasons behind your thoughts and actions and help you take specific corrective action.

Good luck.

Ask the therapist if they accept insurance. Some do not. If they do, see if they are in network. If they are, then you just pay your copay. If they are out of network, then you'll pay a percentage of the fee.

Make sure the therapist actually works for you. Some just like to sit there, listen, nod their head, repeat what you say, etc. Some really like to help you understand the reasons behind your thoughts and actions and help you take specific corrective action.

Good luck.

The guy im going to is great so far. Actually got me thinking just from one session.

I have a bit of a more serious question too, how do you convince someone to treat you better?

Little back ground. Over the past two years I have pretty much single handedly destroyed my relationship by seeking out attention from other women, it got to the point where two months ago I ended up cheating on my girl. I have extreme self esteem issues even though I know I rationally shouldn't. I know I am an extremely succesful individual but I just can't get over these issues and seeking out attention.

I am trying to fix my self esteem and self image so that I can honestly fix myself and these issues. I know my girl is extremely hurt by my actions and to be honest I know I don't deserve to be with her at this point but I honestly cannot make a change for the better with my self esteem if she keeps treating me poorly.

I am typically a very emotionally and mentally tough person but she has the ability to put me in tears and get hysterical daily, and does and contstantly insults me and says hurt ful crap to me.

I feel like a 6 year old girl complaining about this but I just don't know what to do and honestly want to fix my issues.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Lbmike99
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws