advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How much money do you spend on food per month? (for yourself)

tmuscle

Kilo Klub Member
How much do you spend on food per month? I know some of you have families or girlfriends/wives to also feed but let's just account for how much you spend for yourself.

Also I realize that people tend to spend less during a cut and more during a bulking phase, so you can go ahead and name both or an average.

I'd imagine you can get by fairly cheaply (canned tuna, eggs, chicken breasts, and protein powder) but that gets monotonous im sure.

Go ahead and explain if you tend to eat out often or not (can be expensive), or if you try to shop healthy ie organic/grassfed (expensive), or whether you stick to a very cheap "bland but works" diet, or however you like to eat.

I know that some SHW bodybuilders spend mortgage payments on food per month, and that's with minimal dining-out and primarily shopping at costco. :eek:

I buy the same thing every week and its much more than I would like it to be. 30 bucks a week just on chicken. Usually my grocery bill is about 140 bucks a week so 360 a month

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I actually spend more when cutting for a contest because I want cleaner foods. So Flank steak and orange rough cost way more than sirloin and cod offseason. But on average offseason i'm spending about 100-130 a week and I buy in bulk for most foods.

I buy the same thing every week and its much more than I would like it to be. 30 bucks a week just on chicken. Usually my grocery bill is about 140 bucks a week so 360 a month

140$ a week, equates 560$ a month, in FEBRUARY! I think my math is correct?......

around 160 a week.

Love my lean veal, but also on my chest cheat day ill have a meal at an elegant restaurant with the missus

My work provides me with 6 meals a day, during my 10 days at home I'll spend about 100-200 on groceries minus any dinners with the misses

140$ a week, equates 560$ a month, in FEBRUARY! I think my math is correct?......

Yes your right. I guess I can't seem to do simple math early in the morning. The amount of money I spend on food is ridiculous. It doesn't make much difference if I am bulking or cutting as my protein intake doesn't change much. My carb and fat intake go up when bulking but those calories are much cheaper than my calories from protein. I look at it this way though... You only get one body so my body is worth the cost and if I want to live this life style I will do it right with foods that I like! Otherwise you get burned out eating food you don't like

Jamie and I spend $250-300 per week all year round. So $1000-1200 per month. I eat probably 3/4 of it.

Last edited:
Way too freaking much! $800-$1,000

Jamie and I spend $250-300 per week all year round. So $1000-1200 per month. I eat probably 3/4 of it.

And if your eating habits are anything like mine it's not so much that the food itself is expensive it's just the sheer volume of food that has to be eaten just to maintain

When I was younger about $1300 per month for me. Now... broke me spends practically all my money on food so about $500.

400-600/mo here...mostly consists of frozen chicken breast, eggs, 4 cans of protein powder, milk, sweet potatos

$75/week so 350 to 400 per month on food offseason, more like 500 per month precontest

I buy 7 Costco cooked chickens a week and eat one a day. That is about $40 a week for protein, then I buy a 40lb bag of jasime rice for $20. That will last me 3-4 months at the below Macros

45-15-10 x6/day

I buy 7 Costco cooked chickens a week and eat one a day. That is about $40 a week for protein, then I buy a 40lb bag of jasime rice for $20. That will last me 3-4 months at the below Macros

45-15-10 x6/day

Where do you find a 40lb bag of jasmine rice for $20? Best I've found is $20 for 20!

About $1800 for the wife my 14 month old daughter and my self.
We only eat organic and all that good stuff plus we eat sushi at least once per week. Food is without a doubt our biggest expense!

If I had to guess I'd say easily 250 a week just for me. Include my wife and we're probably closer to 350 a week. Granted we eat a lot of seafood, all organic, pasture rasied animals, etc. which can be expensive.

Thank god top round and eggs are cheap. During my prep my food bill is way down. Most expensive thing is my Macadamia nut oil and isolate.

Now off season when I'm a fat ass. 50$ all you can eat sushi can make you broke! Lol but believe me I eat way more than my 50$ worth

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws