advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How much Novolog or fast acting insulin are you using pre and post workout.

How much Novolog or other fast acting insulin are you using per injection?

• Total voters
50IUs of Lantus first thing in the morning and 20IUs of Humalog post-workout. Running GH as well.

Lantus is next on the list. My goal is to pack on as much muscle as possible for the next couple years. 250lbs is the end goal. No dieting down unless bf gets out of control, which if I keep my diet in check shouldn’t be an issue. How are you liking the Lantus? I’ve only been hearing great things, at least from the members I look to for guidance.

Lantus is next on the list. My goal is to pack on as much muscle as possible for the next couple years. 250lbs is the end goal. No dieting down unless bf gets out of control, which if I keep my diet in check shouldn’t be an issue. How are you liking the Lantus? I’ve only been hearing great things, at least from the members I look to for guidance.
I haven't been able to get any. Have tons of Fiasp but none of that -_-

Depends entirely where my BG is. Usually 3 or 4 units log or R. If log, 2 units pre/2 post. These days that will knock me down from 200+ to 120ish easily.

Wow your receptors are in great shape!

Lantus has been a great addition to my cycle. Most studies have shown that Lantus (Glargine) is more potent than other insulin with regard to IGF-1. I keep my diet on point and I am taking Lantus in combination with Test, tren, and GH. I throw in a bit of Metforim nightly to help keep insulin sensitivity optimized. Definitely seen great results with this combo.

I think this is a bad approach.

If you want to put on maximum muscle you're going to have to gain fat, you can't be like the young guys on Instagram who want to have abs all year. And through a good bulk that yields a lot of muscle you should put on enough fat that you need to diet again. Dieting, rebounding, and bulking each year is how I made my progress the last few years. Dieting is an essential part of it to resensitize the body and get it ready to grow big time again.

If you want to put on maximum muscle you're going to have to gain fat, you can't be like the young guys on Instagram who want to have abs all year. And through a good bulk that yields a lot of muscle you should put on enough fat that you need to diet again. Dieting, rebounding, and bulking each year is how I made my progress the last few years. Dieting is an essential part of it to resensitize the body and get it ready to grow big time again.

I can see that I didn’t word that word correctly. I didn’t mean that I wanted to keep abs while putting muscle on, just that I wasn’t going to allow fat gain to get out of control. Nevertheless you made great points, as always big guy. Everything you said makes sense. Love this board. Every bit of progress I’ve made, has been due to this board.

do you guys use insulin pre and post workout both times?
I either do pre workout or post but not both how you tracking the spikes from the slin when injecting 2 times after each other?

💯 Agreed. At the very least do mini cuts for two weeks at a time, after a muscle gaining phase .

I can see that I didn’t word that word correctly. I didn’t mean that I wanted to keep abs while putting muscle on, just that I wasn’t going to allow fat gain to get out of control. Nevertheless you made great points, as always big guy. Everything you said makes sense. Love this board. Every bit of progress I’ve made, has been due to this board.
you think too much - just take your insulin before and after it won't be a problem

I know u cleared it up Hyper but just want to harp on what Daniel said as it’s 1000% correct. It is 100% necessary to bulk to carry a little bit extra body fat in order to make the tissue gains u want. For the most part, waaay too many guys either don’t push it hard enough eating wise (fear of fat) OR just don’t both dieting down ONCE A YEAR. That second part is so crucial. Regardless of what you’re doing, dietttt down hard once year and take advantage of allll that comes with that. Insulin sensitivity, looking fuckin great, ridiculous motivation, insane super compensation via the rebound. You willl change the way u carry weight, it’s a fact. There’s a reason why guys look so vastly different after their first 2-3 shows vs their first. Their body is redistributing body fat in other areas and slowly adding tissue. It can drastically change an appearance. Ok, enough ranting. Do your thing Hyper.

I don't fully agree with this, although it's partly true. But I try to keep my guys in good shape all year round and they still add 15-20 lbs in a year sometimes

Lantus has been a great addition to my cycle. Most studies have shown that Lantus (Glargine) is more potent than other insulin with regard to IGF-1. I keep my diet on point and I am taking Lantus in combination with Test, tren, and GH. I throw in a bit of Metforim nightly to help keep insulin sensitivity optimized. Definitely seen great results with this combo.
What’s your protocol look like?

anyone who is not diabetic does not recommend using Lantus more than 1-2 times a week if you do not want to quickly lose insulin sensitivity
💯Agree. Too many times see people treat insulin as though they were diabetics. If your pancreas is functioning properly, you'll still clear glucose, just not as quickly. Treat pinning insulin as additive, not in a vacuum.

I seriously recommend dropping 50 or 80 bucks on a monitor (they're cheap and even come with strips) and test every hour around workouts for a couple weeks until you see where you are and how the insulin you take is affecting you. It will completely ease your mind.

Dude you can't even get fat.

using Lantus in a high dose more than twice a week causes a rapid loss of insulin sensitivity. and can the use of small doses of 15-20iu also cause a decrease in insulin sensitivity?

I take 10 iu only, post workout, when I'm at home and have food in my hands, about 10-15 minutes before eating.

I jus started again maybe 4-5 days ago. I’m starting with 3iu gh when I wake up and 3 before bed and I do in workout days same gh plan but slin 10min preworkout 7-8iu of half log/half R and then post workout I do just 5-6iu same way half log/R. And on off days instead of slin I’m using 1000mg Metformin

What’s your protocol look like?
I take Lantus 2 to 3 times a week, 50 IUs first thing in the morning. I take 15 IUs of GH a day. 20 IUs of Humalog post-work. Check blood sugar levels 3 times a day to make sure everything is in the proper range. I use 1000mg of Metformin at night to help with insulin sensitivity.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88
NapsGear