over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How much nutrients do we realy absorb

Gunsmith

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Just had a long discussion with a few people about how much nutrients a persona can actualy absorb during one sitting.

Alot of people think that any protein over 1g per KILOGRAM of body weight is simply wasted and pissed out (113g protein for 250lb man) while im sure this may be true to some point for people with low amount of muscle.

So it got me to thinking about how much nutrients we actualy absorb , I sure at some poit we reach an area of dimishing return , like if a 200lb guys grows great with 400g protein will adding another 500 grams realy do anything more than stress the kidneys?
What about fat , if sombody consumed a couple hundred grams of fat from say a jar of peanutbutter how much would the body take in and how much would you just pass

In a sport of excess i can't help but wonder how much money we waste on food just as "insurance" that we are getting enough

Honestly brotha, I think it depends on what and how much of the drugs he's on.

I think a part of this equation is also quality vs quantity. If the food we are eating is already low quality is already has less nutrients than the same food with higher quality which exponentially decreases absorption of nutrients. This is just a quick example of some vitamin and minerals content differences between a few organically grown and conventionally grown foods. I can only imagine other foods would be the same.

As a whole though, I'd say most people don't need as much to grow as they think. Just my humble opinion.

organicvs.conventiona.jpg

Way too many variables for a cookie cutter one size fits all answer, but you can use these to measure BUN and see if you are in fact "pissing" away protein:

**broken link removed**

The more Tren and GH you are on, the more you will absorb.

These drugs increase protein synthesis exponentially. The higher the dosage of these drugs, the higher the rate at which the body can metabolize protein and synthesize new tissue, as both of these drugs also increase IGF-1 (Insulin-like GROWTH Factor) dramatically.

Honestly brotha, I think it depends on what and how much of the drugs he's on.

This is obviously true , the more drugs the more we can use and like "supray" says insulin adds a whole new level to whats absorbed.

The folks i was talking to are totaly steroid free and generaly just workout some for health reasons. I explained that i eat the esential nutrients in excess to make sure the muscles never go hungry and that i also take suplements that allow me to absorb a bit more.

situations like if sombody eats say a pound and a half of peanutbutter which is roughly 3500 cals they obviuosly wouldent gain a pound of fat (I persoanly think a binge like that would cause me to lose weight from a bad case of the shits)

This is obviously true , the more drugs the more we can use and like "supray" says insulin adds a whole new level to whats absorbed.

The folks i was talking to are totaly steroid free and generaly just workout some for health reasons. I explained that i eat the esential nutrients in excess to make sure the muscles never go hungry and that i also take suplements that allow me to absorb a bit more.

situations like if sombody eats say a pound and a half of peanutbutter which is roughly 3500 cals they obviuosly wouldent gain a pound of fat (I persoanly think a binge like that would cause me to lose weight from a bad case of the shits)

Sooooo after ya show get ya big ass on slin before I pass u up :p lol

I wanted to ask this question in the htread about intermintant fasting

If my dalily calorie needs are say 3500 to maintain my current size at HRT dose (200mg/wk test) and i want to bumt my cals up to 4500 to add some size could a human realy absorb all those nutrients is a 6-8 hr window? I would think that you would overwhelm your digestiv system and it would "loosen" up dramaticly

Sooooo after ya show get ya big ass on slin before I pass u up :p lol

Yes in deed , if my GH ever shows up !!

Then again probably will even if it dont , I feel like a skinny bitch now

There will never be one solid answer ever in the history of man kind. Why? As stated before, way too many variables. Blood type, height, weight, age, muscle mass, bf%, efficiency of metabolism, diet.

You could have (2) 5’10 – 225lb males, 15% bodyfat, feed them a steak and then measure serum protein levels 2 hours after, and I can guarantee both will have completely different results.

Some races are simply better metabolizers of certain micro’s, like Asians…. they must have very efficient insulin response, with all that damn rice they eat. Italians on the other hand, many are known to be overweight from all that pasta consumption. There will never be a clear cut answer my friend

A lot of this comes down to the first few steps in the equation. Stop looking at what happens once the protein is absorbed into the bloodstream. Start by looking at whether or not you are actually digesting all the food you are putting in your mouth.

You could be on a gram of tren and 20 ius of GH, but if you have an inflammatory condition in the bowels (most likely the tren and gh would exacerbate that problem) then you are not going to get the nutrients from the lining of the gut to the blood stream. Think Crohns Disease.

That's an extreme, but let's say you are gluten intolerant. That gluten from your whole wheat bread is going to irritate your intestinal wall, sending out a wave of immune troops, and you will compromise food absorption.

If you have low stomach acid then you're not breaking down the protein into amino acids. I would venture to say the human body was not meant to try and produce enough acid to deal with 400 grams of protein. In other words, even though you may produce enough gastric juices to live well as a normal human, you may not be making enough to take care of your extreme nutritional needs.

Lastly, a lot of our food gets digested by the little guys that live in our intestinal tract. Keep them healthy and happy so you can get their help when it comes time to making use of some of this stuff. Plus keeping them healthy keeps inflammation down which will aid in absorption.

So digestive enzymes, HCL for stomach acid, probiotics for the gut. I am sure I am missing something here and mountain dog will probably have some good points.

But I think it's important to think about this, because you could be losing out on an extra pound each month because your body can't get the food in your blood, never mind what it does with it once it gets there.

Years ago I was on a bulking diet and was shooting for 8000 cal a day, I would get in 7000 for sure but hitting 8000 was tough. I was taking digestive aids at the time. After a time I stopped making any gains. Dropped my calories down to 5000 and stated gaining weight again. I have to conclude that i was stressing the body out to much and the food was just being pushed through.

The old studies with Olympic lifters showed that they would have to eat more then 2g/lb of protein before they were in positive nitrogen balance. So 1 gram wont do it for hard training athletes.

I have a few friends that I have helped lose 70-100+ lbs. And I encourage them to binge big if they are going to do it. Not the healthiest thing. But when they do that they don't have to deprive themselves and a couple days later they are back to where they were.

If you look into Bioperine you may find a product that will interest you. I became interested in the studies that I read and started using it. And my pro health, anti-aging Dr. recommended it as well.

hey gunsmith I can tell you for personal experience that higher carb diets unless with insulin causues bigger bowel movements.. as well as protein what amounts its very subjective to how much gear you use how often you train what type of training you do,,

I can say this for absorption purposes Fat gets Absorbed and utilized very well and those calories do not get wasted as they take up so little room and are harder to break down so they stick around for a while..

Probably why Keto diets work well and people dont loose much muscle but more water weight ..

I would say for maximum absoption 33/33/33 would be the best ratio how many calories in excess you must figure this out for yourself goals/ supps /training etc

I personally like to eat how I feel and notice i do something along these lines

one day 40/30/30 another 50/30/20....30/50/20.... so its basically a balance day. recomp day... and refeed day...

there not set in stone I eat how I feel I just am good with understanding what my body needs... Its taking along time to get this figured out but once you do gains will be great because your mind will be at rest and you are constantly progressing not stalling out on set diets

I also think certain foods allow better absorption,, (cottage cheese, eggs, milk, beef, salmon, good quality pro isolate or casein) I also think fast carbs like karbolyn have great absorption as well as fast digesting carbs like white rice and potatoes...

how many nutrients we can absorb is completely genetic, dietary based, lifestyle and drug based

look at them as 4 vary factors

you increase ur lifestyle to more physical, ud likely burn more energy and use more nutrients, hence u would require more to cause a new balance

or you could take drugs increasing ur level of protein synthesis to an extent of ur drug doses

the level of food ud eat would effect insulin, igf and other hormones which in turn would effect ur nutrient absorbing rate

then different genetics in relation to mitochondria, muscle fiber makeup, liver enzymes, blood, digestive tract variable sensitivities, etc which in turn all effect our nutrient requirment and intake abilities

u can probably never approximate how many nutrients you require very accurately

the best thing u cna probably do is have a rough estimation, and from there adjust ur diet accordingly as a kind of insurance policy as you suggested with macro-nutrients and calorie totals geared towards either dieting, or gaining mass, which would mean make sure you eating a surplus or deficit with a high protein content and carbs and fats adjusted accordingly

just my thoughts anyways, ive always felt diet is the simple part, just sticking to it is the tricky part

How much nutrition is being absorbed is about how much energy you have tacked in and how much you need.

Like if you take in a lot of carbs then a lot of protein then only some of the protein might get absorbed because your body has most of its energy from the carbs. Your body absorbs carbs first then protein and fat. protein and fat also slow down absorption.

How much nutrition is being absorbed is about how much energy you have tacked in and how much you need.

Like if you take in a lot of carbs then a lot of protein then only some of the protein might get absorbed because your body has most of its energy from the carbs. Your body absorbs carbs first then protein and fat. protein and fat also slow down absorption.

Your are confusing pre-absorption of nutrients into the blood from that of post-absorption into the blood, and not only that, but certain parts of the intestines absorb certain nutrients throughout the digestion process. Very little protein is wasted once consumed. Once absorbed into the blood protein is utilized through various pathways...oxidation, gluconeogensis, etc, etc...generally, the higher the carb intake these factors will decrease...but this does not occur in the digestive tract.

I'm not saying that 100 grams of steak will be absorbed in 1-2 hours, but given the time, most will eventually get absorbed.

I have paid attention to my waste output when eating certain food and when I eat alot of greens with a high protein moderate fat low carb diet I have a couple solid reasonably substantial bowel movements a day but if I eat a alot more carbs from potatoes and oats I have more frequent smaller bowel movements sometimes 5-6 a day but far less if I eat more fruit , I'm guessing the fiber has to do with that
this leads me to believe that my body is less adapted to a higher starchy carb diet.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws