over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How much protein can the body use

kscowboy

Kilo Klub Member / Board Supporter
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Board Supporter
Ok i am sitting here wondering just how much protein the body can use in any give time frame. WHen i was heavy into bodybuilding in the 90's, the rule was you could only consume 30 grams per hour. THen it went to 50 grams max per hour. I know there are freaks that consume 1000 grams a day but what about the rest of us? I know there are a ton of variables involved but i would like to see what we decide is the average max that can be efficiently use for muscle building.

It varies with your ability to digest it. High hydrochloric acid levels are a must for high intake to be effective.

36 grams per hour. no more, no less

lol!!! Holy shit! I must have wasted tons of protein on my way up to 281lbs:rolleyes:

What do you think Jay, Kai or Ronnie would say if you asked them that? Most of us have seen what those dudes eat. How many grams of protein is in 8oz chicken breast or a 10oz steak? More than 36! I can think of dozens of bb's that eat that much per meal several times a day. Do you think that you get big first then start eating 500-600 grams of protein a day? Or do you eat to get big? How many meals would you have to eat a day to get to 600 grams if you only eat 30 or 36 grams per meal? I know women bb's that eat around 50 grams a meal and are lean. I eat 60-80 grams a meal. And even when I am dieting I never eat less than 60.

From all the guys Ive talked to both here and in person the protein Limit per hour or every two hours is a Myth.

look at pics of guys who say there's a limit vs. pics of guys who know there isnt one. there's probably at least a 50lb LBM difference between the two...

The biggest question is how much is used for anabolic purposes. In which case it will vary on a number of things. I know gymnasts who eat 3 peices of fruit and a peice of baked chicken or a couple of cans of tuna and are pretty jacked. But then you see the client transformations by DC who up their protein and change the other macros to their specs and then they blow up. But all of the protein can be used in the body if energy demands are needed to be met...

I consider Dante to be one of the most knowledgeable people on protein. I would LOVE to hear his thoughts on this.

check this out:

For related topics incl. fat, carb, protein, fibre intake check out davepalumbo.com
Personally I think the guy knows what is what.
You can also drop him an e-mail with any question and he will respond.
Search for dave palumbo videos as well.
I'm sure some of you or most of you heard of him.
I think the guy is good.

I think the only 2 variables for how much you need is the amount of gear your on and the amount of muscle you have.

BINGO

I think the only 2 variables for how much you need is the amount of gear your on and the amount of muscle you have.

metabolism, anabolic state, and how much tissue to support are prolly the biggest factors. -JS

It varies with your ability to digest it. High hydrochloric acid levels are a must for high intake to be effective.

Absolutely. In one of Kai Green's pre-olympia vids Oscar stated that Kai was eating up to 10 lbs of fish a day sometimes (I believe). I don't know if this is exactly true, but it could be, and that's a shit ton of protein.

Def true about the enzymes. I'd say if your meat portions are 8oz or less per setting you dont need digestive enzymes and you can have unlimited whey if its high quality with no enzymes. Same with eggs. I only throw in digetive enzymes or eat raw pinnaple if I have large meat portions but lately i've been doing around 6oz meat portions with microfiltered whey opposed to 10oz meat portions and I feel much better and still look the same.

Few examples?[/QUOTE

Don't ask me. Ask Dante, or Phil. Ask Magnum how much red meat he has his guys on during prep. Every person ive talked to who believes the 30 gram at a time rule has not been over 200 lbs. Check out what Big A has to say about it in the beginners forum.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws