over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How much protein do we really need

that 2g/lb a day is horseshit.
NOBODY will use that.

300g a day = 240 pounds of protein a year. u gain how much muscle mass a year after a while? 10 pounds? 8 pounds? and u need 240 pounds to achieve that?

and muscle is 70 percent water by weight.
even if u gained 20 pounds of muscle "mass" in a year its only 6 pounds of actual tissue. the rest is fluid.

but go ahead and "believe" the more u eat the more/faster u will gain "mass"
it aint gonna happen. what WILL happen is you'll spend way more money on protein sources than yr body can possibly use for growth.

The point is to keep the entire blood stream saturated with amino acids 24/7, so that any cell in the body, at any time of the day, that needs any amino acids, will always have a plentiful supply. Obviously, most of the amino acids will not be used. But there will be plenty available when needed.

You ought to follow Layne Norton. He explains this stuff very well. Dude has a Ph.D. specifically in protein metabolism.

On a side note, I was reading the other day on Lyle McDonald's blog that some scientists believe the byproducts of protein oxidation (which occurs when excess protein is in the diet) help to drive anabolism, as well. It seemed as if this was independent of the excess calories variable but was something specific to those specific byproducts.

Of course a person on drugs will be able to better utilized higher amounts of protein. And while higher amounts will allow for faster growth/more retention (up to a point), in comparison with natties the enhanced athlete can get away with far less and still maintain and grow (just not as fast as the enhanced athlete on higher intakes).

As for protein recycling, uh, well... https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=protei+recycling

That has nothing to do with protein metabolism, its a form of cellular autogaphy

I have anecdotally noticed my physique MORPH since I increased my protein to the 400-500g range (me being 215-220 contest 230-240 offseason). I’m fuller, rounder, bigger. My body is more responsive to everything I do. I’m a firm believer now in 2g/lb for bigger bbers on larger doses. We truly have no evidence science wise to see How much protein a big bber can synthesize being on loads of anabolics/gh/insulin. We only have anecdotes. Most big pros I know eat 10-12oz meat a meal, there’s a reason for that. From guys I’ve trained and from the people I know who are legit bbers 2g/lb is my recommendation personally.

Now if you’re just the average gym rat trying to get big not on tons of anabolics and not monster big yet, then 1-1.5g should suffice.

I personally believe that high protein intake is one factors why many guys have kidney problems, it simply isn't good for them, if they are compromised at all. that means you fuck them up even a tiny bit (high blood pressure, gear, genetics) that 400g protein is going to make them work harder and do more damage. I also think eating 400g protein a day, that can't be good for the gut as far as avoiding the preggo look that ruins physiques.

I've gone fairly long periods of eating lower protein, down to 50g a day, and can't say I've noticed a tremendous difference. That said, for whatever reason, I stick to atleast 1g/lb of lean body mass. I know it's pretty much an arbitrary number but it works for me. When and if I decide to go on, I'll probably increase that a bit just for the hell of it.

I personally believe that high protein intake is one factors why many guys have kidney problems, it simply isn't good for them, if they are compromised at all. that means you fuck them up even a tiny bit (high blood pressure, gear, genetics) that 400g protein is going to make them work harder and do more damage. I also think eating 400g protein a day, that can't be good for the gut as far as avoiding the preggo look that ruins physiques.

Shit take

Shit take

So eating massive quantities of protein (on top of being over 200lbs, gear use, high blood pressure) is not bad for the kidneys?

Or your saying pounding hard to digest meat all day will not lead to a protruded stomach?

So eating massive quantities of protein (on top of being over 200lbs, gear use, high blood pressure) is not bad for the kidneys?

Or your saying pounding hard to digest meat all day will not lead to a protruded stomach?

Both are false.

High protein diets arent dangerous to the kidneys unless theres prior kidney damage. This has been researched numerous times.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15558517

"Nevertheless, although there are no clear renal-related contraindications to HP diets in individuals with healthy kidney function, the theoretical risks should be reviewed carefully with the patient. In contrast, HP diets have the potential for significant harm in individuals with CKD and should be avoided if possible."

The only way high protein diets become problematic for the gastric system is if you're eating really shitty forms of meat. Sure eating hot dogs every meal may do it, but thats not why anyone has a protruded stomach in bodybuilding. Stomach protrusions come from numerous things like; 1) NSAIDS 2) enlargement of organs 3) hardening of the preperitoneal space 4) abdominal wall growth 5) chronic stretching of the intestines 5) chronic lordosis. Etc, Etc.

I will state i'm sure someone COULD be eating SO much protein that both may be true, but i've never heard of anyone eating 1000g's of protein a day.

Last edited:
Both are false.

High protein diets arent dangerous to the kidneys unless theres prior kidney damage. This has been researched numerous times.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15558517

"Nevertheless, although there are no clear renal-related contraindications to HP diets in individuals with healthy kidney function, the theoretical risks should be reviewed carefully with the patient. In contrast, HP diets have the potential for significant harm in individuals with CKD and should be avoided if possible."

The only way high protein diets become problematic for the gastric system is if you're eating really shitty forms of meat. Sure eating hot dogs every meal may do it, but thats not why anyone has a protruded stomach in bodybuilding. Stomach protrusions come from numerous things like; 1) NSAIDS 2) enlargement of organs 3) hardening of the preperitoneal space 4) abdominal wall growth 5) chronic stretching of the intestines 5) chronic lordosis. Etc, Etc.

I will state i'm sure someone COULD be eating SO much protein that both may be true, but i've never heard of anyone eating 1000g's of protein a day.

I would argue that most bodybuilders kidneys are not functioning at 100 percent, 90 maybe, 96, 80? No way to know without testing. So the question is how much damage (even 1 percent) means that they are compromised and massive amounts of protein will accelerate the damage?

I have anecdotally noticed my physique MORPH since I increased my protein to the 400-500g range (me being 215-220 contest 230-240 offseason). I’m fuller, rounder, bigger. My body is more responsive to everything I do. I’m a firm believer now in 2g/lb for bigger bbers on larger doses. We truly have no evidence science wise to see How much protein a big bber can synthesize being on loads of anabolics/gh/insulin. We only have anecdotes. Most big pros I know eat 10-12oz meat a meal, there’s a reason for that. From guys I’ve trained and from the people I know who are legit bbers 2g/lb is my recommendation personally.

Now if you’re just the average gym rat trying to get big not on tons of anabolics and not monster big yet, then 1-1.5g should suffice.

Well said. That makes a lot of sense.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOBK6MK5HQk"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOBK6MK5HQk[/ame]

Not only talks about absorption but what he has seen physique wise when guys eat up 500 grams of protein a day

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Elisaac062224
NapsGear