advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How much Protein per serving do you guys take in at one time?

I'm any where from 20 to 60, and I try to double that in carbs..im a haaarrrd gainer. But I'm a lil guy, and I would eat more if I could afford it.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

The numbers should be different for food vs protein drink/powder. The latter digest quickly, while a good meal with protein (steak for example) will digest slowly and release its nutrients.

For drinks/powder - 35-40 grams. Exceeding that just causes gas.

6-7oz per meal 6-7 meals/day - post workout 75g.

That's what I am trying to learn and figure out. :D

I kind of lean towards the thinking that as long as I'm hitting what I think I need for the day...it doesn't matter if it's nothing in one meal (aside from training)...and 100 grams in 2-3 other meals.

Just kicking around ideas of what is better for me as I am getting older.

IMO it depends on what your trying to do. In terms of maximizing muscle growth to the fullest degree yeah eating lots of protein every meal and taking advantage of muscle protein synthesis threw high protein diet is very beneficial.

You can maintain what you got on next to no protein but don't expect to really grow tons of new tissue.

The numbers should be different for food vs protein drink/powder. The latter digest quickly, while a good meal with protein (steak for example) will digest slowly and release its nutrients.

Days Off = 3x 75 Whey pro powder...+ an iso-pure minimum.
Workout Window...I intake 200 gms of whey, egg and beef protein powder in 3 hrs!!!
Zero Gas...You must be full of S:::..lol

Now my Raisin Bran ? Another Story!

Last edited:
IMO it depends on what your trying to do. In terms of maximizing muscle growth to the fullest degree yeah eating lots of protein every meal and taking advantage of muscle protein synthesis threw high protein diet is very beneficial.

You can maintain what you got on next to no protein but don't expect to really grow tons of new tissue.

Yeah....I found out that when maintaining, I can do so on really low amounts. Currently trying a slow recomp on TRT and relying on muscle memory as I used to be 20+ lbs heavier than now and had held that weight for a long time.

Would like to get back around that weight while being leaner than before.

Any powders that I take are during/after workout. Anytime else I'm trying to eat whole food.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

I think it takes some Time for your Body to adjust to heavy powders..
Thinking back to when I 1st started 5yrs or so, My gas could clear the Room!
Hard Boiled eggs is another room Clearer!

As much as possible! If I could eat 100g a meal I would! The more the merrier, never short your protein intake, this is literally the single factor that held me back before and honestly if I ate more I know it would only lead to more gains. Plus seems like the more protein I take in the less I crave carbs which means keeping fat off for me. Right now doing 5iu slin with meals of as much protein and aminos with some carbs. I like an all around balanced diet but aim to take in as much protein as possible, no limit like carbs or fats (I really don't limit fats either). Snacking on peanut butter straight out of the jar is a past time sport for me haha.

Last edited:
50g of protein per meal 6x a day.

I just tried to bump it to 60 and started shitting my brains out.

50g is my max.

I think it takes some Time for your Body to adjust to heavy powders..
Thinking back to when I 1st started 5yrs or so, My gas could clear the Room!
Hard Boiled eggs is another room Clearer!

I use high quality proteins like True Nutrition, and Isopure. I think my metabolism has changed as I get older. Either that or something that is a staple of my diet is causing it.

I tend to start mornings with oats and protein and the only milk I have is a small amount in my 2 cups of coffee. Maybe it is the natural peanut butter, or the spelt. Who knows... One thing I do know is that my gas is wretched!

I take in 400-500 grams of protein per day.
Most meals have 70+ grams.
Most guys will say that’s way too much but I’m on 200mcg T4, 10ius HGH, IGF1-LR3 EOD, MK-677, and 1.3 grams AAS so my metabolism is ridiculous!! I’m growing very fast and leaning out on 5,000+ calories,

Waking up, no pump!
Long live Oxford Lab! 🐂
PS... and a view of the crapper 💩

Attachments

• EF80C3C0-8D6E-4E3A-A9D4-A3B54ADB7F3C.jpeg
    EF80C3C0-8D6E-4E3A-A9D4-A3B54ADB7F3C.jpeg
    71 KB · Views: 223
50+ grams protein per meal. Except peri-workout window which is where I have my carbs and drinks with EAA + BCAA.

I like higher protein for satiety and lower carbs, keeps me leaner.

I use a natural whey isolate by muscle blend, 100% natural no BS or artificial flavorings etc. No gastric issues at all with this powder, unlike the typical ones loaded with stuff that bloat me and wreck my anus.

50-75g a meal 6 to 7 meals a day. I just started this about 16 weeks ago and it's working well for me. I took some time off and was getting fat again quick eat like sh!t. But on track and watching everything with this and it's working well. Currently 295lbs @ 16-17%. Was 342lbs 16 weeks ago.

60-80g per meal for 5 meals a day usually
dog that's Ronnie size portions. that's a lot of protein for your size bro. Just why? Tail end of a extreme dieting phase for 6-8 weeks yes acceptable, year around not needed. a lot of that u will be converting to glucose anyway. So have carbs instead. Why stress your body & give it extra work to process all that protein on a daily basis. You are not even trying to get huge still you dont need that much protein.

I know you fear carbs that i suspect might the issue why your protein is that huge.

for me protein is around 40 gm mark. 30-50 range. usually its 40

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member