YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How much Protein per serving do you guys take in at one time?

rmtt

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Just as the title says....how much protein per meals do you guys typically take in?

I know a lot of variables are involved such as body weight, bulking or cutting, etc. And they are always updating the guidelines for what the RDA is for athletes....although I think we know more about that than they do.

But I'm pretty sure the adage that the body can only use so much in one setting is a lot of "bro-science" when it comes to specific amounts.

For example...a lot of my meals are chicken....roughly 250-300 grams at a time which equates to 60+ grams of protein depending on the brand/cut...etc.

I don't have a lot of time to get solid meals in, but like to eat when I do get the chance.

So I figured I would ask what is typical for you guys just to get some demographics in the application we use it for.

Thanks!

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

60-80g's is usually my sticking point. I like empirical testing with repetitive things like eating. If I get absurdly bad gas or have to shit my brains out, likely too much, If I eat two 60-80g meals of P within 45-90 minutes of eachother I get the gas, anymore and I get the shits, I know there's MUCH more to it than that but thats just a slight rule of thumb for me. But like you said it depends on my AAS and current diet; if im on low carb im not doing that much protein, if im not on alot of gear im not doing that much protein, etc etc.

60-80g per meal for 5 meals a day usually

Also in the 60 grams per meal range ,usually 4 -5 meals. I have 1 scoop of protein powder that's 25 grams for breakfast. That's averaging 265-325 grams a day. I'm 6'4 and 235 lbs currently.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

40-50g per meal. Usually a little higher post workout.

I do if and a lot of times will eat everything in a two hour window. Postworkout is about 150 grams and then another 125 about two to four hour window. Depending on calories and how I feel I will add a third meal and make it a 6 to 8 hour window. Regardless my post workout is always 150 grams protein.

Layne Norton wrote a paper dispelling the absorption myth.

Some of my meals are higher than others. If no carb and protein fat; 60-75 grams, if carbs, 50-60. Higher if I'm eating steak and potatoes :)

45-55 per meal on a cruise.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I use the 90cc scoops for protein powder. It’s roughly 33g per scoop.

I am IFing with an eating window of 2 hours.
so usually 1-2 meals.
130-200g protein in a sitting is not rare..

It varies a lot. Probably 30-50 during the week and more when there's a barbecue on a weekend.

It varies but usually 20-60g. I try to get about 40g per meal. But for some meals any amount is better than none. I may do a pack of shrimp with rice and it's only 20-25g protein but I don't worry about the difference as for me 25g is fine when combined with carbs. It's not like I am adding in whey to get to a certain amount per meal.

I always knew the absorption thing wasn't right through common sense. I do approx 40g now due to digestion factors and unnecessary bloating. I do bags of rice that are 80-88g carbs to go with the 40g protein. Nothing is exact with the protein for me but as long as I am getting a decent source of protein per meal I am happy.

Now for post workout or if I simply feel like it I may have more. Like yesterday I had about 70g protein from turkey breast post workout. The same if I go to my fav Turkish restaurant as the meal I get has well over 100g protein and I go through that but this is literally once every 2 weeks.

Normaly 75 w - 30 carbs X 3. Than An Iso-pure has 35pro + 50 carbs.
Not sure what an Italian Beef Has....50-75 ?
Workout Window Adds Up to 200 pro including Bcaa's and 200 carbs in that 3 hrs...With Orals to Aid in Anabolism!!!

No less than 40 at meal. Usually 60-100.

Depends on how many carbs and fats I'm eating with the meal. I can sit down and kill 100 grams of protein in a meal I enjoy very easy. Like a nice fatty steak or chicken tenders or shrimp lobster etc..

40 grams TOTAL protein. I can’t go above 240g per day. So I add EAA prior to every meal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sometimes almost none....

sometimes a 100grams...(whole giant steak)

does it matter...???

sometimes almost none....

sometimes a 100grams...(whole giant steak)

does it matter...???

That's what I am trying to learn and figure out. :D

I kind of lean towards the thinking that as long as I'm hitting what I think I need for the day...it doesn't matter if it's nothing in one meal (aside from training)...and 100 grams in 2-3 other meals.

Just kicking around ideas of what is better for me as I am getting older.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws