over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How much red meat do you eat a day

Gunsmith

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I generally get a pound a day via 2 , 8oz servings but with deer season here I'll probably pack the freezer this year so I'll be able to eat a lot more.
The beef I eat is totally free range/free graze from a local farm that combined with the deer the amount of Omega-6 fats.
I personally don't have any issues with digestion with red meat except pork and I actually feel like I lean out faster with red meat over chicken/turkey/fish.

8oz to a pound. I've never had any digestion issues with red meat, thankfully. Also grassfed.

I used to limit red meat for years believing it was unhealthy. I think that’s completely BS. I feel awesome when I have a steady intake of beef. I’m not talking McDonalds. It’s steak and big, homemade 80-85% lean burgers.
I don’t get heartburn, gas, bloating, diarrhea or any other digestion issues when I eat 1lb+ of beef per day. My stomach stays flat and lean.
The fear of red meat has been perpetuated by flawed studies for years. There’s research that says grilling, or more specifically charring meat can heighten the risk of colon cancer, but that doesn’t change my experience...awesome.

I was doing about 8-10oz 2-3 times a day and was getting digestion issues. After I cut that out, the digestion issues went away.
Sucks bc I love red meat.

i m not fan of red meat but i like to eat 2 times week some beef liver

HUGE fan of red meat, because I'm a HUGE fan of nutrient dense food, cant beat grass fed beef or wild caught salmon!

Great podcasts to listen to are Paul saladino and carnivore code. Majority of fats from grass fed cows can really heal the body.

I’m trying nose-to-tail this November and minimal veggies, what he calls “low offenders”. I got some heart, kidney, and liver. And about 30lbs of top sirloin and wild salmon

10lbs of ground beef weekly plus usually 1-3 pounds of sirloin or roast. Amounts to a cpl pounds a day, a little less cooked wgt.

I will also throw in various organ meats on the weekends. Beef heart has been a go to lately and I also always include some liver.

Most days none. I just really only like fish and chicken and eggs I eat a lot of those. However in all honestly It would be very easy for me to go on a meatless diet if I thought I could grow and recover properly.

I used to eat red meat daily but I dropped it a little over a year ago, it's been replaced with turkey, salmon, or more chicken. I can't say I notice a difference. I still have a burger maybe once per month or two.

I used to eat red meat daily but I dropped it a little over a year ago, it's been replaced with turkey, salmon, or more chicken. I can't say I notice a difference. I still have a burger maybe once per month or two.

Was there any particular reason why you dropped it??

1lb+ a day. MOSTLY from lean ground beef 96/4.
Once or twice a week I'll have a couple NY strips though.

Red meat digest pretty damn slow and i know some people have digestive issues with it but i can handle almost unlimited amounts. Steak/ground beef and white rice is a meal i can eat any time of the day. I could survive off that.

Usually just 1 meal a day so generally 8 oz of 90% ground sirloin. Price is really the only reason I dont eat more. I feed my dog raw beef too so it gets expensive. I need to just pony up for a half cow.

Was there any particular reason why you dropped it??
Well first my wife and I dropped pork because of inhumane farming practices and that fact that pigs seem smart enough to make me feel like a cannibal eating them. I'm ok with eating cows if ethically farmed, however even with buying organic there is no guarantee of this, also organic beef is rather expensive. I'm not convinced there is a benefit to eating mammals, I have no problem with eating flying reptiles that can't even fly, however.

Usually 1.5lbs.

Over a week I average ~3lbs. skirt steak and 4-5lbs. 98% ground beef, with the rest of my animal protein coming from shrimp and chicken breast.

Usually just 1 meal a day so generally 8 oz of 90% ground sirloin. Price is really the only reason I dont eat more. I feed my dog raw beef too so it gets expensive. I need to just pony up for a half cow.
We buy a yearling ever year , they generally run 800lb-1000lbs. Typically people expect to yield 45%-50% of that weight after butcher. We typically get in the 60% range because we get alot more ground meat and I break it down into quarters myself so we don't waste anything.
We are fortunate to have a good relationship with the guy we get our beef from so we get a little better deal and the animals are truly free-range , he doesn't even rotate pasture with them , they roam free on 1800 acres way more than half is just woods

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws