over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How much sleep?

pahlevan

Registered
Anyone else notice they need significantly more sleep while on gear? It seems if I get anything less than 8 hours Im feeling really tired. 10 hours, and an afternoon nap seem to hit the spot for me. Mind you my workout program does not change year round, just my diet.

Ugh I envy people that can sleep like you.. I’ve got serious insomnia issues and I can be dead tired from a physical, long day of work, an intense workout and being up for 20 hours and it’ll still be hard for me to get to sleep and when I do I’ll sleep about 5-6 hours maximum and wake up like 5-6x during also... Its fucking horrible...

I can’t remember the last time I went to bed at say 12 and the next time my eyes opened was 8-9am... Pft I fucking wish...

I will note though that I used to be a very heavy marijuana smoker for years, I could smoke all day of high quality weed and concentrates and still get shit done like normal. But I decided to stop for a few months to get my tolerance back and I have noticed SOME improved sleep but the dreams are INSANE.. I used to never dream, ever. Now I dream every time I sleep even if it’s a 15-20min nap and they’re literally super vivid and insane...

I saw that on Rogans podcast they talk about how even though THC can make you tired, it can also inhibit REM sleep and the dream cycle.. Boy was that doctor right :eek:

I imagine age might be a factor for an increased need for amount of sleep; especially, when youre, perhaps, redlining or pushing your body with anabolic-induced training (training volume/intensity enhanced by anabolics)...

Im about to hit 30, stimulants (afanils, racetams and lots of caffeine) and my body/mind being adapted from hardcore endurance training throughout my youth with soccer, boxing and long distance running might be assisting me with still being able to do a lot of physical training with less than 5-7hrs of sleep often.

I thought I remember hearing some people are blessed with some type of gene that enables them to have lower sleep requirements, something like 5hrs of sleep consistently and they're able to function optimally...

I've been influenced by Strength Sensei AKA Charles Poliquin (RIP) that Chelated Magnesium is critical for recovery, so much so taking it daily has cured my insomnia I used to have in my early 20s

Nonetheless, I love making money from a full-time gig and learning constantly on ways to make more money (recently have dived into real estate self-education, since I plan on purchasing my first property with the VA Home loan), I love training multiple times a day, I love anabolics, stimulants , I love staying engaged throughout most of the day.....

So, although, it may not be optimal or very healthy for me to keep my body awake and charged with caffeine, stims, nootropics,etc. I feel like I have to adapt to this era and sacrifice some sleep to get ahead and stay ahead.
"This era", meaning the increase in technology has increased our work demands, doing more and less rest.
I do my best to get as much rest as I can and get creative with optimizing my rest with massage therapy, supps, etc.

Im approaching 30 and I feel like I really need to step it up in a lot of areas, I feel like I've had my head up my ass these past few years as far as financial intelligence and work ethic....

Sorry for the rant brothers/sisters

To reiterate:
Yes, I agree with more gear, I typically need more rest but I cant always get more rest in, so I try to stay charged to combat fatigue and/or get naps in throughout the day. Uridine monophosphate is supposed to help with sleep deprivation, while also enhancing the effects of caffeine and fish oil, so I take it often.... :)

For insomnia, really dive deep into chelated magnesium, google "poliquin magnesium", theres tons of articles written by Poliquin n charlespoliquin.com, tnation, strengthsensei.com, etc.

Magnesium saved my fucking life!

Last edited:
Ugh I envy people that can sleep like you.. I’ve got serious insomnia issues and I can be dead tired from a physical, long day of work, an intense workout and being up for 20 hours and it’ll still be hard for me to get to sleep and when I do I’ll sleep about 5-6 hours maximum and wake up like 5-6x during also... Its fucking horrible...

I can’t remember the last time I went to bed at say 12 and the next time my eyes opened was 8-9am... Pft I fucking wish...

I will note though that I used to be a very heavy marijuana smoker for years, I could smoke all day of high quality weed and concentrates and still get shit done like normal. But I decided to stop for a few months to get my tolerance back and I have noticed SOME improved sleep but the dreams are INSANE.. I used to never dream, ever. Now I dream every time I sleep even if it’s a 15-20min nap and they’re literally super vivid and insane...

I saw that on Rogans podcast they talk about how even though THC can make you tired, it can also inhibit REM sleep and the dream cycle.. Boy was that doctor right :eek:

fwiw the REM/dream cycle stage of sleep is not very restorative. So, marijuana inhibiting it actually produces a deeper more restorative sleep (promoting deeper alpha wave rhythms in your brain as opposed to lighter more wakeful frequencies you would find during dreaming).

THC is not "bad" for sleep

Once GH and peptides come into play a nap during the day is needed no matter what. I could sleep pefect and still be tired the next day after a 4iu GH or 25mg MK dose

Last edited:
fwiw the REM/dream cycle stage of sleep is not very restorative. So, marijuana inhibiting it actually produces a deeper more restorative sleep (promoting deeper alpha wave rhythms in your brain as opposed to lighter more wakeful frequencies you would find during dreaming).

THC is not "bad" for sleep

I never said THC was bad for sleep..

But Matthew Walker who is a neuroscientist and currently studying sleep, has some very interesting information on REM sleep and dreaming etc.. Whether you think so or not, the brain NEEDS to dream.. As a matter of fact in recent studies they’ve discovered the brain actually has an internal “clock” for lack of a better word that calculates the time is hasn’t dreamt and when it’s able to dream it enhances the dreams to a further degree to make up for it.. This has been proven by science..

Hence why I said, I smoked A LOT.. Easiy a quarter ounce to half ounce a day along with grams a day of concentrates. I’ve been smoking marijuana over 10 years. And I never really dreamt a lot.. So explain why my sleep (slightly, but enough I can tell a difference) improved (keep in mind I suffer from legit insomnia, doctor verified not like any who can’t sleep 1-2 nights and say they have it) and I sleep much deeper with radical dreams? You think I decided to just dream and sleep deeper one day? Lol

Your brain and body will do what they need to do.. If you don’t have something inhibiting your dream cycle then yes, you dream less and they become less vivid/intense..

Alcohol is also a substance that inhibits the dream/REM sleep cycles...

Once GH and peptides come into play a nap during the day is needed no matter what. I could sleep pefect and still be tired the next day after a 4iu GH or 25mg MK dose

Oh yeah, few ius gh and few mg's mk and i'm sleeping baby all day, other than that i never noticed that i need more sleep on just AS, for me 6-7 hrs and i'm fine

Lmao I use to be a heavy stoner too. I use to smoke the minute I woke up till I went to sleep. I would even smoke every time I got up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom. Which was and is 5 to 6 times.but you could never tell I was stoned. I could function perfectly fine. And I never ever dreamed. I quit smoking though for a good while now and I don't miss it. It was just starting to give me bad anxiety. Ever since I quit I dream every single night even if it's 5 minutes sleep. And it's so vivid that's scares me. True funny story last week I dreamed I was banging Jennifer aniston and boy was it good lmfao

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Lately I been drinking this powder mix called calm calmful sleep by natural vitality and it works great. I also tried this pill called valerian and Holly fu*k that shit strong. Its for sleep and anxiety. It's a natural root. But it put me to sleep but I was sleeping and I felt like I was paralyzed in my dream and trying to wake up out of it and couldn't and when I did manage to wake up out of it for a second I felt I was still paralyzed in real life. Never again will I take that

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

As a kid college, twenty's, could sleep till 4. Naps happened. Now that I'm almost 40 I'm ready for bed at 11 but can't sleep in. I pass out ok but 6:15 I'm up. I can't nap anymore. Don't think it impacts my workouts. I have got some labs thyroid May be a tad slow hypo but you'd think that would make me more sleepy. If I wake at 6 on a weekend and hit a Delta 8 vape then I can sleep till noon lol

Huberman has some good info on sleep quality. Worth checking out.

The more gear I'm on the less sleep I get and I wake up ready to move just like that. 8 hours is so rare I can prob count the times in a year I sleep 8 hours straight or more

isnt that just natural? when the body is pressed (in this case gear/roids) it wants more sleep/require it

U ok bro?

But seriously, that is bad
Man, it’s a lot of shit right now..I want to go back to my old job so damn bad..I can’t stand my wife..my current job is alright but fuck man it’s slow.

Seriously, if it weren’t for my kids I don’t know what the hell id do right now

Man, it’s a lot of shit right now..I want to go back to my old job so damn bad..I can’t stand my wife..my current job is alright but fuck man it’s slow.

Seriously, if it weren’t for my kids I don’t know what the hell id do right now

Always good to speak to someone brotha and get some help managing life and stress, there's no shame in that. Life sucks sometimes but it always gets better.

I get less sleep on more gear. Throw gh in and I can sleep like the op has described.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws